• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Cup Final

And the winner is...

• Marseille

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Valencia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GlasgowGooner

im going for Marseille, i dont think Valencia have played their full strength line-up in any Uefa cup game this season which is incredible.

JazzG

Established Member
Valencia are a team who could win the CL with the quality they have so I think they should be able to win this match comfortably tbh.

Adam

Established Member
I agree with JazzG.

Marseille's indisciplined midfield formation is diabolical and cannot retain the ball and falls short in comparison to their attack and defence. They will be up against Baraja, Albelda, Aimar, Sissoko, and Vicente.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
posted ages on another forum that Valencia would win the UEFA cup, really wish i had put some money on it now :cry:

brianfrance

Established Member
Sissoko isn't injured ?
By the way, he was formed in France and robe by Valencia..just for the history

It will be hard for Marseille yeah, remember thei last final against Parma, when they have on the team Laurent Blanc, Gourvenec Maurice etc.. they lost 3-0 :?
Hope won't see same match against Valencia

Adam

Established Member
He is a superb player. I like the way he passes and moves, and he is very mobile. A more offensive orientated Vieira style. Yaya Toure is similar.

brianfrance

Established Member
Yeah yeah...but Drogba will win, Drogba will win >> speaking to myself, my cat looks me like I'm crazy, but I'm not :lol: <<

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:
I agree with JazzG.

Its actually quite sad they aren't in the CL this season (well good for us actually!) Around the time we lost in Spain to them Valencia were going through a horrible patch so bad it undone all their good work at the start of the season and they were out of the CL spots within a few months IIRC. As Liverpool found out last season when they made them look like a below average team they are a very good side. This season they have finally got a striker in Mista who is scoring consistantly for them, something which they have not had in the past. Suprising thing is they haven't play Aimar in a while, he has had injury problems this season and the last few games he has been on the bench in recent games IIRC. However Vicente has been in great form so they haven't missed him too much! Baraja also has been in great form, over on redcafe they drool over him and want him more than anything because he is one of the best genuine box to box players in the world right now.

When they have to they can put together wave after wave of pressure or if they have to they can defend a 1-0 lead like their life depends on it. This is what makes them so good, they can always adjust their game for whatever situation they are in, something which I feel we can't do.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom