UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, May 12, 2019.

?

Who will win the Europa League?

Poll closed May 29, 2019.
  1. Arsenal

89.2%
  2. Chelsea

10.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

A visionary and a golden crop of youngsters is the only thing that saves this club under Kroenke. We might have the latter, it's up to the club to have the balls to find the former.

freeglennhelder2 likes this.
  2. macka66

macka66 Active Member

As harsh as it is I really am falling out of love with this club. What makes it worse is that we are not even progressing we seem to be doing the opposite. The fact that we know that we are not going to be doing much in the summer doesn’t help.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  3. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

Why do people keep comparing failures under Wenger and emery loool. Who actually cares. This isn’t a who can be less **** battle. They’ve both been terrible combined last few years

4. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

There was some post about players considering Arsenal as a vacation spot. That's absolutely true. Just look at the body language of the two teams in today's match. Even after scoring 4 goals, those wankers were screaming and crying when they missed. Have we ever been this ruthless before? This boils down to the management eventually. If players don't play for pride, they have to play out of fear. If we start Cech even after knowing that the **** had already started discussion with Chelsea for his next position, which player will ever take the club seriously?

kopzilla, IrishKookaburra and YeahBee like this.
  5. Box2Box

Box2Box Active Member

Totally agree. But I had some hope.
    Now I can see the landscape has changed, the big money owners have come in and invested and we've dropped back against them. I can live with that but the next step is the tier 2 and 3 teams getting the big money owners and passing us by because our owner is content to take his dividend while they want to win the league.

Tony's nose likes this.
  6. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

Top 6 (8 at a stretch) is the most we can aspire to for the next couple of decades.

This match has signalled the end of our status as a "Big Club". We're the new Everton.

kopzilla, IrishKookaburra and Box2Box like this.
  7. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Mate. Football has changed. It's an industry not a sport. In the 80s we were not very good but we were still there in the first division. If you think that kind of mediocrity is going to keep us in the premier league with the amounts invested nowadays, you're in for a very, very rude awakening.

8. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Only good team we played this year was Chelsea.

kopzilla, NieThePiet, MLK79 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Wenger reached the Semi-final without Auba. Also, he would’ve had the same players because it wouldn’t have been his decision.

10. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

AMN looked superb for a spell in the first half but his mistakes have also been a ticking timebomb waiting to explode.

YeahBee likes this.
  11. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Napoli and Valencia are cl teams, the teams last year were farmers.

12. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

The CL loss is still worse because we deserved to win that

This is just a whole lotta nothing

13. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Whatever mate. How exactly was this season different from the last two seasons? No wait! It was actually. We finished one point from top 4 and made it to the Europa league final. That didn't happen before. But I guess that was Emery's fault as well.

My opinion of Özil is not only based on this season so Emery, no matter how **** he may be, has nothing to do with it. And I'm not blaming Özil. He is the player he is. Put him in the top team, where he doesn't need to be the leader, and he will shine but for us he is simply a luxury player we can't afford. He is not a guy you should build your team around unless you can surround him with top talent.

Box2Box likes this.
  14. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

And we wouldn't have made the finals and probably be 7th in the league

IrishKookaburra and drippin like this.
  15. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

For example I've got United and Chelsea fans singing 'champions of Europe you'll never sing that'.

Wouldn't have happened if we won in 2006.

16. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

They were both ****. Milan last year was more of a challenge.

MLK79 and celestis like this.
  17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Bit over the top...

Rex Banter and krengon like this.
  18. Debre-Zeyit

Debre-Zeyit Active Member

Emery OUT

Arteta IN

Furious likes this.
  19. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

He’s basically a homegrown Eboue.

[​IMG]

20. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Id rather be Everton tbh

Atleast the can feel Joy for playing up to their potential and occasionally exceded it

Sapient Hawk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.