• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Round of 32 Draw: Olympiacos v Arsenal

Manberg

Predator
I hadn't looked at the Europa clubs until now. No top team dropped down. The only tricky teams in there are Utd and Inter. We should try to win it. Forget top 4 that's over.

2637184_w1.jpg

Bloodbather

Established Member

The only tricky teams in there are Utd and Inter. We should try to win it.

Well that's already the goal regardless of the competition or our league status, isn't it? We lost in the Final last year and the Semis the previous year.

Also, I'd definitely put Ajax and Roma in that conversation as well.

Manberg

Predator
Well that's already the goal regardless of the competition or our league status, isn't it? We lost in the Final last year and the Semis the previous year.

Also, I'd definitely put Ajax and Roma in that conversation as well.

Probably. To be honest, going by how bad we were playing under Emery and Freddie I wrote it off thinking that if a top team dropped down we had no chance at all. Looking at it now, it's definitely an achievable (but still difficult) goal. When the time comes, I'd consider resting players in the league for Europa.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Probably. To be honest, going by how bad we were playing under Emery and Freddie I wrote it off thinking that if a top team dropped down we had no chance at all. Looking at it now, it's definitely an achievable (but still difficult) goal. When the time comes, I'd consider resting players in the league for Europa.

I agree, there's absolutely no chance in high heaven for us to reach Top 4 this season.

We should focus on winning Europa and to do that I hope Arteta manages the team accordingly.

Even Mourinho in his first season at United, decided to focus on Europa by clearly fielding weaker sides in the League, so they ended up winning Europa that season.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We need to win this at all costs, but a lot of difficult teams in it like Ajax Inter United.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've been saying this. Let's put all our efforts into Europa.

Besides before the semi or quarter finals, some of the top teams like utd and inter may be eliminated.

Inter will have their focus on the serie A. They are level on point with Juventus at moment. Juve is at their weakest in years. There's a real belief that inter may just break the juve dominance this season.

So that leaves utd, Ajax and Salzburg . Ajax is not as strong as they were last season.

That leaves only Salzburg and utd that I'm scared of

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Ajax will play us off the park at the moment. Heck I don't trust us against a team like Wolves over 2 matches at the moment.

Never put your eggs in one basket. Try to win every game, we are a professional football club ffs.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I've been saying this. Let's put all our efforts into Europa.

Besides before the semi or quarter finals, some of the top teams like utd and inter may be eliminated.

Inter will have their focus on the serie A. They are level on point with Juventus at moment. Juve is at their weakest in years. There's a real belief that inter may just break the juve dominance this season.

So that leaves utd, Ajax and Salzburg . Ajax is not as strong as they were last season.

That leaves only Salzburg and utd that I'm scared of
Salzburg has just lost Haaland and potentially losing Hwang to Wolves shortly as well. Good point on Inter, but I still think a Conte coached team in latter stages is dangerous for us, they will be disciplined and bully our defense or lack thereof.

United is an interesting tie, again scared of their forwards, but such an unstable side.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Ajax will play us off the park at the moment. Heck I don't trust us against a team like Wolves over 2 matches at the moment.

Never put your eggs in one basket. Try to win every game, we are a professional football club ffs.

A team like Wolves, who just beat City :lol:

On a positive note, I expect us to be a far better team come Feb, maybe even add a couple in Jan, they be eligible to play EL due to rule changes. I don't see top 4 as possible so EL win is our only chance of CL next season. For that reason the BoD must stump up some funds for Jan for top CB & DM. Xhaka must be sold not loaned.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Salzburg has just lost Haaland and potentially losing Hwang to Wolves shortly as well. Good point on Inter, but I still think a Conte coached team in latter stages is dangerous for us, they will be disciplined and bully our defense or lack thereof.

United is an interesting tie, again scared of their forwards, but such an unstable side.
Yeah, totally forgot about him. He will be a huge miss. But Salzburg have always had a knack for discovering hidden gems. I won't be surprised if they bring in another young talent who would do as good as Haaland. I agree, they are weaker for sure.

Concerning wolves, I'd back is to beat them over two legs if our our injured players get back.

Conte will play a weakened team in the EL. He doesn't have the luxury of juve. Sarri had a better team than Conte than at Napoli, but they were eliminated by a **** team 2 years ago IIRC.

Besides, Conte's record in Europe is absolutely pathetic.

Anyways, plenty could change between now and Several factors (Injured players getting back, January transfer window, Injuries to rivals, etc) may affect team performance

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, totally forgot about him. He will be a huge miss. But Salzburg have always had a knack for discovering hidden gems. I won't be surprised if they bring in another young talent who would do as good as Haaland. I agree, they are weaker for sure.

Concerning wolves, I'd back is to beat them over two legs if our our injured players get back.

Conte will play a weakened team in the EL. He doesn't have the luxury of juve. Sarri had a better team than Conte than at Napoli, but they were eliminated by a **** team 2 years ago IIRC.

Besides, Conte's record in Europe is absolutely pathetic.

Anyways, plenty could change between now and Several factors (Injured players getting back, January transfer window, Injuries to rivals, etc) may affect team performance
Wolves could be still pushing top 4 at those moments and I'd back us over two legs with the team being more familiar with Arteta ball as well as injured players returning as you mentioned.

Depending where Inter is at that moment, I'm not sure whether they would. I still think they have phenomenal attacking depth who could be dangerous in a tie. I'd agree re: Napoli, however Sarri ball is a lot different in Europe than a Conte team. Conte's team is hard to break down with bullies up front, I think we'd struggle against them if they play their starting XI.

With all that said, I think we have a good chance at the EL and I hope Mikel recognizes that but Man Utd, Inter, Wolves, Leverkusen can be dangerous ties for us.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wolves could be still pushing top 4 at those moments and I'd back us over two legs with the team being more familiar with Arteta ball as well as injured players returning as you mentioned.

Depending where Inter is at that moment, I'm not sure whether they would. I still think they have phenomenal attacking depth who could be dangerous in a tie. I'd agree re: Napoli, however Sarri ball is a lot different in Europe than a Conte team. Conte's team is hard to break down with bullies up front, I think we'd struggle against them if they play their starting XI.

With all that said, I think we have a good chance at the EL and I hope Mikel recognizes that but Man Utd, Inter, Wolves, Leverkusen can be dangerous ties for us.
I doubt if they if they'll still be around by time then quarter finals come around.

Wolves are going to lose to the first team that play against.

Leverkusen is Leverkusen.

Always bottling games in Europe.

I agree re: Conte, his teams are hard to break down, but effective going forward.

But he has not done anything in Europe for me to be scared.

But then again, we usually lose to those type of teams.

my hope is for them to be eliminated before they play us

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

A team like Wolves, who just beat City :lol:

On a positive note, I expect us to be a far better team come Feb, maybe even add a couple in Jan, they be eligible to play EL due to rule changes. I don't see top 4 as possible so EL win is our only chance of CL next season. For that reason the BoD must stump up some funds for Jan for top CB & DM. Xhaka must be sold not loaned.
They got 6 points over city ffs

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

They're a good team, reflected by their 7th position yet people still refer to them as if they are struggling for survival
The reason is because they've been inconsistent against the bottom table teams

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Oddscheckers has us as 4th favourite behind the likes of United, Sevilla and ajax to win the Europa league

TornadoTed

Established Member
Probably about right. A lot will depend on the draw, let's hope Inter, Ajax and United draw each other.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Until we fix our form we won't have chance winning this last season we destroyed teams like Napoli Valencia scoring 10 conceding 2 in 4 games

Latest posts+

Top Bottom