• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal v Rapid Wien | Thursday, December 3 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
****ing hell we play decent for once and someone’s first reaction is to tell others not to enjoy it. :lol:

@14Henry whenever an EL team player scores or strings passes together
tenor.gif

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We’ve been conditioned to seeing youth fail and having patience.

Absolutely amazed Arteta hasn’t taken advantage of this, but whatever. Well said though.
I always said it was unsupported youth that failed. The Cesc generation needed some older heads. Keeping Henry and Cole beyond 2007 wins us another title imo. What gets me with Arteta is that some first teamers are clearly done. Play the youth-we know we're skint and the window is shut. Its a win/win.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
When they do it against your Napolis, Romas, Sp**s and Leciester in the EL I will be loving it. Against a team of part timers. Nope.
Oh come on, they're not part-timers. You've made your point but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and enjoy the evening.

You support a team which has never won the CL, has won two European trophies, haven't won the league in sixteen years. These high standards are imaginary, we have to take what we get. A cup here and a cup there and when we play well celebrate and not get all vinegary about who we played against or what will happen next.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Oh come on, they're not part-timers. You've made your point but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and enjoy the evening.

You support a team which has never won the CL, has won two European trophies, haven't won the league in sixteen years. These high standards are imaginary, we have to take what we get. A cup here and a cup there and when we play well celebrate and not get all vinegary about who we played against or what will happen next.

Listen. There is nothing wrong with jumping up and down around the living room when we beat Championship level teams in a match that doesnt win us anything or mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

I however prefer to base pretty much all of my thoughts and feelings on significant matches. Matches where theres pressure. Where the result really matters for the direction the club wants to go in. If in May we are beating teams 4-1 or even 2-1 in the semi finals of this competitions of course I will be happy. If it gives us a chance to win it.

But I cannot get excited about this. Why? Because for years I have seen Arsenal do this. Beat a team 4 0 in EL and then play a normal team in the league and lose.

The high of this match for some will be nothing compared to the high we will feel if we win on Sunday. However the high of tonight will also feel like nothing if we lose.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Listen. There is nothing wrong with jumping up and down around the living room when we beat Championship level teams in a match that doesnt win us anything or mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

I however prefer to base pretty much all of my thoughts and feelings on significant matches. Matches where theres pressure. Where the result really matters for the direction the club wants to go in. If in May we are beating teams 4-1 or even 2-1 in the semi finals of this competitions of course I will be happy. If it gives us a chance to win it.

But I cannot get excited about this. Why? Because for years I have seen Arsenal do this. Beat a team 4 0 in EL and then play a normal team in the league and lose.

The high of this match for some will be nothing compared to the high we will feel if we win on Sunday. However the high of tonight will also feel like nothing if we lose.
Agree with this.

This win means nothing in the bigger picture.

PL is where it matters at the moment.

baccy_man

Established Member
Very good first half it was good to see the quick one touch passing again it certainly helped us to get up the pitch a lot quicker and gave us more space to play in we need to see more of that in the future,
It looked like we were taking it a bit easier in the early part of the second half then we picked the game up again, If we can play like this with the first team players we will start to get more goals from Auba.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Happy we won but my feet are still grounded and I hope the team knows not to get carried away with this result. However, what I will add is this is exactly what was needed before a derby game so let's kick on and show the PL that we are in fact the mighty ARSENAL!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

You don't have to get excited. I'm not excited. But I enjoy it when we win. When there's bad nights I will get depressed, but I see no point in getting depressed in anticipation. It may never happen. Tonight is a good night, you can only beat what's in front of you and that's what they did tonight.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

****ing hell we play decent for once and someone’s first reaction is to tell others not to enjoy it. :lol:
The fact that we are a mid-table team right now, and have been for several years, is something some seem unable to accept. I don't imply this should be accepted as a permanent state, but unless we face up to this reality we will all be very miserable for the mid-term future. I for one want to enjoy wins and games where we play better, regardless of the opposition.

We have been in a real hole for a couple of months and the fact that we are still getting some results in the EL is at least some consolation and can work as a springboard for better performances in the league. It was e.g. good to see Mari play again and score in his first game back. Our youngsters looked lively. Laca finally scored again. So there are many positive things to take away. Games like these can easily turn into nightmares if we don't play decent and I'd rather win 4-1 than draw 3-3 like Sp**s did.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
some people are just killjoy. He kept praising Ole's utd when they are actually ****. They played like **** vs west brom but get a stupid handball pen(similar to one we didnt get vs leeds and there was also foul in build up to the westbrom pen) and get 3 pts. Incredibly lucky to win vs brighton when brighton hit the post 5 times, they should be behind us, but he keeps praising them

and he was nowhere to be seen when we beat utd as well

Mohamed7

What is important is how we play. If we play well it can be translated to other games, if we don't we are fornicated.

Exactly.
Plus, the biggest point to take from tonight is Arteta can set up very good attacking movements, but we need to better quality players against EPL teams.

Everyone knows we are extremely weak (par Partley) in midfield and we must recruit at least one attacking midfielder in January to play 3 in the middle.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
some people are just killjoy. He kept praising Ole's utd when they are actually ****. They played like **** vs west brom but get a stupid handball pen(similar to one we didnt get vs leeds and there was also foul in build up to the westbrom pen) and get 3 pts. Incredibly lucky to win vs brighton when brighton hit the post 5 times, they should be behind us, but he keeps praising them

and he was nowhere to be seen when we beat utd as well

If your talking about me quote me. If your talking about me go back and look on the praise I gave Auba, Arteta and the team last season for winning the cup. When we play well and get our rewards I am full of positivity.

You have said I kept praising Ole? On what thread? What did I say? Did I say he did a good job? I certainly havent said that this season. But i did praise Lampard and Ole who got their respective teams CL football last season despite various difficulties.

You are very like a few other posters. You say IF this happened or you say other teams were lucky or we were unlucky or whatever for the reason we are where we are and other teams are where they are. That is a weak mentality. The very weak mentality that has led us where we are.

Lampard got top 4 last season because his team was the 4th best. That was with little in the way of new signings and a reliance on young players who stepped up. Not luck.

Ole got top 4 because he managed his team and got the results of a top 4 team. He signed the players he needed in the positions he needed.

We are where we are because our manager is unable to win football matches with the players he has got. That is the cold hard truth and if that is wrong feel free to explain to me why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom