• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL | Arsenal v Sporting | Thursday | 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I’d be very disappointed if Eddie doesn’t at the very least get a 30min cameo. I know unai is looking to win the group as quickly as possible but we should be able to win with both Eddie and Emile starting against these lot imo.
Cech
Stephan Mustafi Sokratis Jenkinson
AMN Matteo
ESR Ramsey Welbeck
Eddie​

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sporting seem very weak we'll give them very good beating a good chance to play youngsters

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
at least play some entertaining football this time around.....let the kids loose....who cares about the europa cup anyway.

ptrcopp

Liverpool played strong team, with only couple of changes from Saturdays game. Red Star should also thank Arsenal for that result ;)

I actually think this.
I think Liverpool were shocked by our intensity, and I think in the end they felt they were lucky to escape from the game with a draw due to our dominance and chances (though they had the goal ruled out and a couple of chances themselves because of our errors).
They the relaxed too much; they would have anyway but with mental and physical tiredness added. 11 of 13 outfield players who played against red star played a part against Arsenal

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Good we have such a deep squad now, so many times we’d see players clearly rushed back way too soon and injure themselves again.

We’ve got so many options now, really good first and second XI almost. Both Sven and Wenger deserve credit for assembling what is now the best squad we’ve had this decade imo.

The young bucks are a good squad thickener. The likes of Smith Rowe, Maitland-Niles, Nketiah, Dinos and now Guendouzi are all viable options which is good to see.

Hope AMN plays some part tomorrow, trouble is we’re not likely to see him in midfield.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
Cech
Lichsteiner---Mustafi---Sokratis---Jenkinson
Maitland-Niles---Guendouzi
Ramsey---Mhiki---Welbeck
Aubameyang

I'd like to see a team like this. Aubameyang still needs minutes at centre forward. It would be good to see how Ramsey on the right, Mhiki centrally. Look at that team and if the result is looking comfortable, bring Smith-Rowe on early.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
:eek:Now I'm confused. So left is right and right is left?
Yeah it's counter-intuitive but think about it, if you're Cech the guy in front of you on your left is the left-back and the guy on the right is the right-back, so:

Cech
Lichsteiner Kolasinac

If Cech was at the bottom then it would be other way round:

Kolasinac Lichtsteiner
Cech

Gunner140

1st team against Sporting should be!

Cech
Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, Holding, Kolasinac
Guendouzi, Ramsey, Smith-Rowe
AMN, Welbeck, Mkhi

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If Nketiah doesn't get game time tomorrow and miss tonight game it is a bad management.
Really? 12 games without a loss. Look strong on all fronts.
Sorry, but the job wasn't "come to Arsenal and make Nketiah great" it is "Come to Arsenal and get us competing again".. Which he has done.
This comment just seems like you're clutching at straws to get something to hit Emery over the head with.

I say, screw the youngsters, secure the group and they'll get their time when we're through. We have a huge fixture list up coming. We must maintain momentum and keep players in form.

Emery has done well to include the youngsters so far. Next season, when our squad is more settled and expectations from the manager more clear, I'll gladly advocate for more young guns in these fixtures but right now we need to cement our place among the top clubs again and that doesn't happen by taking chances based on the trajectory of an individual.

Really? 12 games without a loss. Look strong on all fronts.
Sorry, but the job wasn't "come to Arsenal and make Nketiah great" it is "Come to Arsenal and get us competing again".. Which he has done.
This comment just seems like you're clutching at straws to get something to hit Emery over the head with.

I say, screw the youngsters, secure the group and they'll get their time when we're through. We have a huge fixture list up coming. We must maintain momentum and keep players in form.

Emery has done well to include the youngsters so far. Next season, when our squad is more settled and expectations from the manager more clear, I'll gladly advocate for more young guns in these fixtures but right now we need to cement our place among the top clubs again and that doesn't happen by taking chances based on the trajectory of an individual.

Didnt bother reading this because my point was that Nketiah level of talent needs to play not being constantly between u23 and first team where he get no game experience.

And people really need to stop making it out as if we start some youngsters in EL and Cariboo cup it mean auyomatically a loss. We did fine with these players last year and this season all of the kids that played last season have show massive improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom