• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL | Arsenal v Sporting | Thursday | 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Not obvious that Emery doesn't rate Nketiah at all, this is the same guy that has a goal a game at England youth level and gets called up to train with the senior squad regularly. The kid obviously has some talent, there's just the small matter of two quality strikers ahead of him here.

He probably would've gotten game time against Blackpool if we didn't get a man sent off and concede in the first 15 minutes of the second half.

Also, Hydro or anyone else aren't demanding youth, just stating that if Nketiah wasn't planned to get at least a substitute appearance tonight then he should've played yesterday against a decent league two opposition. At their age they need to be playing, rather than travelling around with the first team squad if there is no intention to play them.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not obvious that Emery doesn't rate Nketiah at all, this is the same guy that has a goal a game at England youth level and gets called up to train with the senior squad regularly. The kid obviously has some talent, there's just the small matter of two quality strikers ahead of him here.

He probably would've gotten game time against Blackpool if we didn't get a man sent off and concede in the first 15 minutes of the second half.

Also, Hydro or anyone else aren't demanding youth, just stating that if Nketiah wasn't planned to get at least a substitute appearance tonight then he should've played yesterday against a decent league two opposition. At their age they need to be playing, rather than travelling around with the first team squad if there is no intention to play them.
giphy.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Spot on, also if we have any thoughts of selling Welbeck in Jan, we need players like Nketiah to get experience with the first team ASAP.

TheArsenalis

Training with the senior is much better.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Actually I am very dubious about flying first-team players to exotic destinations when they're not going to play.

Any advantage gained from "bonding" is, to my mind, more than negated by having to travel on 2 days when the player could be training and relaxing, and therefore fresher when he plays.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Id like to think since we beat them away in what is at least on paper the most difficult game we can afford to give some guys experience/game time. Id hope for a patch work squad with Ramsey, Cech, Sokratis and Welbeck as the senior players.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I feel both confident and excited on gamedays again. Thank you Emery.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was gonna post my possible team, but thought **** it, Emery knows best.

Sanis

If Wenger was in charge, I'm sure he would've played reserves and youth players in Europa league and Carabao cup. I'm from Eastern Europe, teams like Vorskla or Qarabag are ligue 1/ligue 2 level (no disrespect to them) reserves and youth should be easily winning those games (they would also have extra motivation).

With young talents that we have, at least Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Willock deserve to play in such matches, they are above academy level already, therefore I understand frustration from some of the fans. On the other hand, Emery is here just for several months, it’s natural, that he takes seriously every competition and is reluctant to risk.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Actually I am very dubious about flying first-team players to exotic destinations when they're not going to play.

Any advantage gained from "bonding" is, to my mind, more than negated by having to travel on 2 days when the player could be training and relaxing, and therefore fresher when he plays.
Can't say I've ever thought of Blackpool as an exotic destination, but what do I know

ThlRama

Player:Saka
teams like Vorskla or Qarabag are ligue 1/ligue 2 level (no disrespect to them) reserves and youth should be easily winning those games (they would also have extra motivation).

The wrong way to look at this, as their incentives in such games are massive, the Europa League much bigger than anything Ligue 2 teams ever play for and sometimes those eastern teams find it quite easy in their local leagues so they get the chance to give 250% in those few European matches. It's not that simple really, those are kinda tricky games.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang is starting, AMN and Guen in CM, very nice.

Sanis

The wrong way to look at this, as their incentives in such games are massive, the Europa League much bigger than anything Ligue 2 teams ever play for and sometimes those eastern teams find it quite easy in their local leagues so they get the chance to give 250% in those few European matches. It's not that simple really, those are kinda tricky games.

I agree, you have to respect every opposition, but I think that the quality of our reserve and youth players is enough to win against such teams, besides our players have point to prove as well and would give their all when given a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom