• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Vitória S.C| Thursday 24th October | KO: 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

18121570099500.jpeg

Before we get started can we all marvel at the magnificence that is the Vitória logo? Thing of beauty that.

Anyway after yesterday’s great result it’s on to the Europa League. You can imagine after last night’s shambles that Emery is thankful for this game rather than a tough CL match.

Haven’t got a great knowledge of our opponents tbh but I’ve had a look. They finished fifth in Portugal last year and their manager Luis Castro was poached by Shakhtar Donetsk.

Currently they’re coached by a guy named Ivo Vieira who took Moreirense to their best ever league finish last year and seems to be bit of a rising star in Portuguese football.

As a team they had to work to get to the EL this year, getting through three rounds of qualifying. They hammered teams from Luxembourg then Latvia before dispatching Steaua Bucharest in the playoff.

Star players so far in EL qualifying and the league seem to be their Brazilian winger Davidson and their 20 year old Burkinabe defender Edmond Tapsoba who’s got 5 goals this season for them. Might be worth seeing how he gets on.

They’re in decent form, currently fourth in the league, seven points off the top.

As for us, you’d imagine it’ll be full changes again. Nelson is definitely out and you can’t imagine he’d go with Saka after playing 90 minutes yesterday.

If I had to predict a team I could see this:
Emi
Hector - Holding - Mustafi - KT
Torreira - AMN
Özil
Martin Nelly - Laca - ESR

I don’t like that team because I’d rather a lot of those guys would start vs Palace but I just can’t see it.

A big win isn’t going to really put anyone at ease but if we do I’d advise you savour it. We have a run of games that I’m not looking forward to at all.

We got one point from our next three opponents in the same fixtures last year. Don’t forget about our Anfield trip as well, slight chance that this could potentially be the last win of Emery’s Arsenal career...

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Me before the season: **** Europa, boring as **** only care about the league.
Me now: Love our cup team, **** the league its boring as ****.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ahh the actually good Arsenal team!

I heavily doubt we will see Mavropanos. He looks well out of sorts for the u23s. Charlie Brown made him look like a statue in the box. Mustafi will play 100 per cent.

I reckon it will be good to see Smith-Rowe play LW with Laca and Martinelli in the side, a decently balanced front 3. ESR has a chance really to stake a claim in that position, although I think ultimately he is the one who should be either a 10 or an 8.

Midfield will be interesting. I'm half expecting Özil to be missing from the squad again. Torreira should start, as should Willock. I really want to see what they do with AMN aswell. Ideally he gets a shot in CM but I have a feeling he will be on the bench - hes been making noises about playing as a winger but he doesn't have the end product to justify a shot over anyone else there, even the injured Nelson who has a goal and 3 assists already this season despite allegedly carrying a knee problem.

Nonetheless, despite the lack of stakes in this match, this will be far more interesting and dare I say, exciting that the BS we just saw last night.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ahh the actually good Arsenal team!

I heavily doubt we will see Mavropanos. He looks well out of sorts for the u23s. Charlie Brown made him look like a statue in the box. Mustafi will play 100 per cent.

I reckon it will be good to see Smith-Rowe play LW with Laca and Martinelli in the side, a decently balanced front 3. ESR has a chance really to stake a claim in that position, although I think ultimately he is the one who should be either a 10 or an 8.

Midfield will be interesting. I'm half expecting Özil to be missing from the squad again. Torreira should start, as should Willock. I really want to see what they do with AMN aswell. Ideally he gets a shot in CM but I have a feeling he will be on the bench - hes been making noises about playing as a winger but he doesn't have the end product to justify a shot over anyone else there, even the injured Nelson who has a goal and 3 assists already this season despite allegedly carrying a knee problem.

Nonetheless, despite the lack of stakes in this match, this will be far more interesting and dare I say, exciting that the BS we just saw last night.

I think Emery may throw Özil a bone as he’s said last week he’s been training a lot better but that may just be hot air.

In terms of AMN as you say I don’t think he’ll play in the front three but I can see Emery wanting to keep both Willock and Ceballos fresh for Sunday.

I’ve amended the OP for Mustafi as I forgot about him yet again.

Chancellor

I will be at Emirates, at the away end.

Vitória it's my local team, i have a membership since i was born (this is the first thing that the parents do here when their child is born) and i go to the stadium since i was 3.

I think you guys should look about our club and city and see how much different we are from the rest of teams in Portugal.

It will be a very special moment for me since i been following Arsenal for more that 30 years too.

Ps: The person on the logo was Portugal first king, D. Afonso Henriques.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I will be at Emirates, at the away end.

Vitória it's my local team, i have a membership since i was born (this is the first thing that the parents do here when their child is born) and i go to the stadium since i was 3.

I think you guys should look about our club and city and see how much different we are from the rest of teams in Portugal.

It will be a very special moment for me since i been following Arsenal for more that 30 years too.

Ps: The person on the logo was Portugal first king, D. Afonso Henriques.

Any players worth looking out for? Found a bit about Tapsoba who sounds promising.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Expect Laca to play 45 minutes.

The rest of the team should be youngsters. Imagine only being excited to see the EL clashes this early in the season...

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Is this the game that Özil is gonna play? Or is he being rested even more? :rolleyes:

What's even better is that Tierney and Bellerin will start this one only to once again be rested for the league game vs Palace.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The performances and style of our cup teams is the only thing I look forward to.

I still can't see Özil making an appearance here. Doubt he's run around enough at training.

Looking forward to see Gabi getting more minutes.

Ashybashy86

Is this the game that Özil is gonna play? Or is he being rested even more? :rolleyes:

What's even better is that Tierney and Bellerin will start this one only to once again be rested for the league game vs Palace.
At which point, it wouldn't be far-fetched to think El Confuso is prioritising his beloved EL.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

At which point, it wouldn't be far-fetched to think El Confuso is prioritising his beloved EL.

Well there's a group in the CL involving Barca, Inter and Dortmund so one of those teams are guaranteed to come down to the EL. We're not getting past any of those teams tbh. Maybe Dortmund at a stretch but on current form it's incredibly unlikely.

It's gonna end in tears again I'm afraid. We neglected games vs Palace last season which would have guaranteed us top 4 in order to prioritise the EL and then we got embarrassed in the final. Fortune favours the brave, we should be playing our best players available and our best team in the league.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Really looking forward to these games, at least we will see an enjoyable team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well there's a group in the CL involving Barca, Inter and Dortmund so one of those teams are guaranteed to come down to the EL. We're not getting past any of those teams tbh. Maybe Dortmund at a stretch but on current form it's incredibly unlikely.

It's gonna end in tears again I'm afraid. We neglected games vs Palace last season which would have guaranteed us top 4 in order to prioritise the EL and then we got embarrassed in the final. Fortune favours the brave, we should be playing our best players available and our best team in the league.

Chelsea might struggle to get out of their CL group as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom