UEL: Arsenal vs Vitória S.C| Thursday 24th October | KO: 20:00 | BT Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Oct 22, 2019.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win

82.6%
  2. Draw

2.2%
  3. Vitória win

15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Not everyone has the farsighted acumen of Lord Unai Emery

GDeep™ likes this.
  2. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Yeah. You can also see @Rimaal standing next to me.

3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

:lol:

4. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Another thing to mention is that the crowd gave Guendouzi a bigger cheer than Ceballos when the pair came on, so he really is becoming a fan favourite.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  5. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

You're underrating the Dudelange

Riou likes this.
  6. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

You're probably right and im going to take the win and feed off the positives. ESR, Pepe, Douzi (what's new)..

Hope 'you enjoyed. Im always truly envious of all who get to go see it live.

DJ_Markstar likes this.
  7. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Leave me out of your wet dreams.

8. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

I see it similarly, I understand there's some criticism about the tactics which are valid but the quality of players has increased over the last 18 months and I feel as though once Pepe finds his groove and Bellerin/Tierney are back to their best we'll be a very good side.

We also have the advantage of Chelsea having lost Hazard and Sp**s imploding, so overall we're looking good.

9. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Stone cold sober. Utd have bipolar performances but at least I've seen one decent league performance from them,which is one more than us. Who says Chelsea will falter?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  10. Mrs Bergkamp

Fergie was a chameleon but he didn't tinker every game and I watched his entire Utd career.

GDeep™ likes this.
  11. Mrs Bergkamp

No. You make me laugh :lol:;)

12. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

He commonly made changes for premier League matches following midweek games, especially in midfield.

There's not an issue changing personale but there has to be a well communicated game plan for every game. This is where it seems Emery's failing.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

His team picked itself most weeks. Tinkered in big European games and games against Arsenal.

14. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

We still should not be turned by bloody Vitoria.

You know in the EPL we are 3rd on the most faced shots on goal. The set up is wrong specially defense to midfield area. The entire midfield pushes much higher (on the edge of the opposition box) than the defense, which are only two since the FBs are our only outlet of attack and they are forced to reach the byline almost every time.

To me, the step up is what is failing us and Emery is doing this for over a year now. He has tried multiple combinations but it is only the personal that he's changing not the tactic itself.

Kindly, download this small pdf file I created. I shared a few screenshots of the first goal how it progressed.

https://gofile.io/?c=Cbav6q

It is quite clear the three defenders who are returning are not going to solve this problem.

15. Vanpayslip

Vanpayslip Active Member

Emery and logic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.