• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL | Eintracht Frankfurt vs Arsenal | 19/09/19

Result

• Eintracht Frankfurt Win

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

We look short up front if Auba doesn't play. I think Pepe needs to start and get some confidence. Also would like to see Chambers in there. Otherwise I don't really care as I've resigned myself to us not winning another away game all season.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I can't imagine Emery putting out a B team, he loves the Europa League too much.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Auba is defo starting. Expect more rotation in the league cup game.

Emery can't afford to lose a game right now

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auba have no reason to play here let him rest. Martinelli Nelson Pepe all start, i'm afraid we'll see Mustafi too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is there chance holding start this one? he been back for almost a month and played 4-5 U23 games he should be in good shape to start here.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Is Mavrapanos fit? I would rather he played, just to see where is level is at so we can keep him or sell.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Chambers, Holding and probably Mustafi will be in the back line. Willock is likely to play too. The only spot we haven't got a clue about is the striker role. I hope we don't play Auba to minimise injury but I think Emery probably feels he has to win this or the pressure will be amplified, so don't be surprised if he starts.

On a side note. An Austrian named Adolf Hutter preparing to lead his German men in to a long European campaign. Seems like I went back in history for a minute.

ASIF

Dont really care about this Mickey mouse cup.Hope we dont play a single 1st team player and give our youngster and substitute players a chance.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Toughest game in the group so I'm expecting an unnecessarily strong lineup for this. I'm half expecting Auba to start. This is the lineup I would like:

Martinez
Mustafi Chambers Holding Kolasinac
Torreira Willock
Nelson Smith-Rowe Saka
John-Jules
With this, it leaves room for a strong bench just in case and gives a good opportunity for the youngsters from the start. Nelson needs a good performance in this one as he has looked really short on confidence. John-Jules deserves an opportunity off of the strength of his performances in preseason and for the u23s this season. He has been impressive all round.

Alternatively we could see Martinelli start in place of Saka or indeed Saka playing LB or LWB depending on the shape. I think Emery will start Pepe most likely to get the ball rolling for him which I'm OK with. Martinelli could play upfront but I'd much rather give John-Jules the rub and play Martinelli in the wide positions.

Theres a lot we could do here, I just hope that Emery doesn't be a coward and play the seniors just because. I'd rather lose with the youngsters than have the seniors struggle and gain little from the game as we will go through anyway.

Exact line up I would choose. Emery is a coward though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We know what’s going to happen? Tight game, Frankfurt will create chances, we won’t create anything other than scrappy stuff, score from individual play and then concede some silly goal.

Some on here will laud a great tactical point away from home, the rest of us are bored off our tits again.

Emery will go into the presser and talk about how he prepared all week for this Frankfurt team.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
We know what’s going to happen? Tight game, Frankfurt will create chances, we won’t create anything other than scrappy stuff, score from individual play and then concede some silly goal.

Some on here will laud a great tactical point away from home, the rest of us are bored off our tits again.

Emery will go into the presser and talk about how he prepared all week for this Frankfurt team.
Auba could finish the two chances we actually create and we might win too.

Starting to wonder if Mkhi is THAT BAD, or he just got Mourinho, then Emery.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Exact line up I would choose. Emery is a coward though.
Would even go with Saka LB and Nelson ahead of him. Not the strongest defensively but a pairing that would give Nelson more license to operate centrally while Saka overlaps.

You're right though. We will see a stronger lineup than should be considered. I hope we get the 3 points at least if were gonna go that route or it'll be an even bigger waste.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Auba could finish the two chances we actually create and we might win too.

Starting to wonder if Mkhi is THAT BAD, or he just got Mourinho, then Emery.

Mikhi couldn’t control a ball, pass, or even make a tackle, the guy was a disgrace. Not blaming Emery for that coward.

Impact

Established Member
I'd like to see this team start:

Martinez
Chambers Holding Luiz Saka
Torreira Willock
Smith-Rowe Özil [c] Nelson
Martinelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom