• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | Arsenal v Red Star Belgrade | 02/11/17 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
0-0. Muted boos and who can blame them. The annoying thing us that whilst we're through to the next round, all the other teams have something to play for atm which means we have to do a job on matchday 5 instead of using it as a high level training exercise.
On the plus side, it's experience for AMN,Willock,Nelson and Macy and good fitness for Those players we might need to put in to PL games. No obvious injuries either and a tonic just before bedtime :)

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
I agree. It was a very difficult chance. And not one I'd expect most players to score. But still theo is normally better at difficult chances than easier chances. I'll not hold it against him though. I hold pretty much everything upto that point against him. He has been exceptionally poor. He is the most senior player, captain, most likely on the highest wages and we are at home to Red Star. His overall performance tonight has been inexcusable.

Anyway. Job done. Into the knock outs. Still unbeaten and a clean sheet.
Theo is usually good at quick thinking opportunities but that was a crazy attempt. If he had scored that, I'd have gotten up and started clapping.

Overall, a pretty poor game but we are through to next round. I never expected Wenger to show too much respect to this competition especially not in the group and he hasn't.

In February we will really get to see what Wenger wants to take away from this piss poor competition.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I like what I've seen from Macey recently, think him and Martinez round out a really solid goalkeeping core that we have at the moment.

I don't hate Giroud and Walcott playing these games as much as everyone else. Yes I'd love to see Nelsinho and Nketiah starting but they're probably a little too raw at the minute. Good to have some experienced players in the XI with the kids.

Thought Wilshere was tidy, hard to explain but he's great to watch even if it's not coming off for him. Lad oozes quality.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Excessive to be booing but that was pretty drab, although I missed the 1st half. Our seniors Giroud, Coquelin and Walcott were cack. Youth prospects AMN and Willock not really up to much. Great experience for them but I'm not really impressed. Nelson on the other hand has very good dribbling and pace but I need to see him in a more forward role.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again disappointed by Giroud and Walcott performance poor first touch's no threat on goal

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Wenger's set ups have always been this way. The run to the CL final in 2006 is the only exception.

Yeah,but difference in quality should just do a thing.Even when we had chances it was poor decision making.Can't say that Red Star is some rock in defence.

skip spence

Macey, Willock and to a degree Elnenny and Nelson only players who can hold their heads high.

AMN, Jack, Theo, Giroud, Holfding all poor.

Coquelin just diabolical with the ball.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
At least the "home-win-run" ends in the EL and not against Sp**s.. ;)

I wished Wenger would give players like McGuane, Akpom or Sheaf some playtime. We're trough and 1st place should be possible with this team.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Not too bad overall I guess. We`re through and almost certain to win the group. Would have been nice to have it sealed up tonight but the team for the last two games would probably have been the same anyway, doubtWenger would leave his senior reserves at home and play Sheaf, Da Silva etc.

Some disappointing performances but valuable minutes for players like Jack and Debuchy and the kids did quite well, very useful for them.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Impressed by our youngsters again today they seem up for it every time they play Willock seem really good player I can understand some of wrong decision in final third he still young. Niles at 2nd half was great same with Nelson. Macey had great game too but he not young should go out on loan to championship club

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't believe we've made it through with some of the worst XI's I've ever seen, Wenger is a magician. 10 points with this lot, incredible stuff.
Imagine the top scenes on here if every poster had your temperament and positivity. :lol:

Dammit

We have made it through to the next round, that is all. Thanks to the mighty Cologne team for their game of the season though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Annoying game - there were big positives for me that were sullied by the same negatives from the other games. We've done well to get 10 points from 12 but with a few brave decisions from Wenger, we could have done it more convincingly.

The youngsters acquitted themselves well IMO. Willock played in midfield virtually by himself for large portions of his time on the field and did very well I thought. Broke up play several times, pressed people in the middle third and passed smartly save for a few awkward moments. AMN had a really solid game, played some great passes and made some good interceptions. Nelson showed flashes of his quality going forward but you can really tell he's not comfortable really attacking from wing back while he has to track wingers. Nketiah struggled to get into the game when he came on IMO - didn't get much time centrally and in the box.

Debuchy was decent and Elneny was OK on the ball, but the defenders were flatfooted collectively. Macey was very comfortable, which I enjoyed.

The big disappointments were - inevitably - Giroud, Walcott, Coquelin. Wilshere also wasn't that great, but the above 3 had a bad time yet again. I really wish Wenger had dropped them today but it was highly unlikely.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Annoying game - there were big positives for me that were sullied by the same negatives from the other games. We've done well to get 10 points from 12 but with a few brave decisions from Wenger, we could have done it more convincingly.

The youngsters acquitted themselves well IMO. Willock played in midfield virtually by himself for large portions of his time on the field and did very well I thought. Broke up play several times, pressed people in the middle third and passed smartly save for a few awkward moments. AMN had a really solid game, played some great passes and made some good interceptions. Nelson showed flashes of his quality going forward but you can really tell he's not comfortable really attacking from wing back while he has to track wingers. Nketiah struggled to get into the game when he came on IMO - didn't get much time centrally and in the box.

Debuchy was decent and Elneny was OK on the ball, but the defenders were flatfooted collectively. Macey was very comfortable, which I enjoyed.

The big disappointments were - inevitably - Giroud, Walcott, Coquelin. Wilshere also wasn't that great, but the above 3 had a bad time yet again. I really wish Wenger had dropped them today but it was highly unlikely.
Its clearly the formation its not working in home games we look much better away from home with formation but at home there's no need to play 3 at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom