• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | Arsenal v Red Star Belgrade | 02/11/17 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like what I've seen from Macey recently, think him and Martinez round out a really solid goalkeeping core that we have at the moment.

I don't hate Giroud and Walcott playing these games as much as everyone else. Yes I'd love to see Nelsinho and Nketiah starting but they're probably a little too raw at the minute. Good to have some experienced players in the XI with the kids.

Thought Wilshere was tidy, hard to explain but he's great to watch even if it's not coming off for him. Lad oozes quality.

I was at the game. I didn't notice Walcott for a good 30 mins in the 2nd half, while I noticed Nelson a lot.

Once Wilshere moved back to CM in the 2nd half he got more fluency, but before that him, Giroud and Walcott were pretty atrocious. No reason at all why Nelson & Nketiah couldn't start next to Giroud, besides Wenger's policy of playing Walcott just because he's been here a long time.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
so its a draw against a team we got a bit lucky to win (thanks to a goal of the month) in the match in Belgrade.
I don't get why so many people raise their pitchforks and torches

yeah, we didn't perform well, but 0-0 is within calculation

That Peasant

Can't win against this peasants ffs

16671_Zvezda_bari_91_460.jpg

If you are not familiar with the shape of that silver thing, google it or visit Chelsea site, I believe they also got it.

To all others on this forum: thanks for having us, it was an honour.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
It weren't a bad match entertainment wise as far as 0-0's go, however thats mainly due to how poor both sides were defensively. We played some nice attacking football at times although defensively we were all over the place.

Wilshere clearly the best player on the pitch again.Wilshere was creating chances and constantly dribbling past their players with ease.

Macey looked confident at dealing with crosses and set pieces (as you would expect for a keeper of his height). Macey did Parry a few shots that he should of caught easily though.

AMN and Nelson had their good moments as well.

Too many under performer's though in Giroud, Walcott, Willock, Coquelin and Elneny that were awful tonight.

Linson

Can't believe people on here are disappointed in Wilshere, man of the match by a country mile. For me, he is strongly knocking on starting XI door.
I still believe we need a formation change though. Square pegs in round holes. Need to change to a 4312 IMO

That Peasant

Nottingham Forest also won it and where are they now ? Past is past.

Past is past, I agree. But the past is what makes the difference between aristocracy and nouveau riche would-bes. In European football, we are aristocracy and you are.. well, I guess you already know the answer because your every single post radiates it.

And if that concept is too complicated to grasp, you can devote a bit of your time to the fact that our most expensive player was paid less than what Walcott takes home every week. The guys who were fighting with your second or third string team probably are even playing for less money than you work for (or, I guess, less than your parents work for). For me, that is something to be proud of. They didn’t crumble, they didn’t surrender - they did their best and came back undefeated.

One more thing before I sign out: being a bit more humble would do wonders for you and maybe even for Arsenal. Red Star Belgrade won more than 50 national titles and national cups (most of them were won during the time we played in the same league with Croats), we were European and World Champions... Hell, we even have longer streak of playing in European competitions than you guys - only war stopped us for a year or two. We are not afraid of anyone, which is stupid I guess but part of our culture (one of the songs our fans sang in Tokyo when we played for the World Champions title went: "Tokyo is a small town, Japanese are pussies"), but after the match, when the banter is over, we always try to congratulate the opponent and show a bit of respect. And that is what I am trying to do now with these posts. You could try it, too.

Best to you all, fingers crossed you will rise to the heights you already think you occupy.

logic DC

Can't believe people on here are disappointed in Wilshere, man of the match by a country mile. For me, he is strongly knocking on starting XI door.
I still believe we need a formation change though. Square pegs in round holes. Need to change to a 4312 IMO
if he isn't giving assists or scoring than he is poor despite the fact that he was the only one creating and making those breaking runs from midfield alongside Wilock and Nelson

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Past is past, I agree. But the past is what makes the difference between aristocracy and nouveau riche would-bes. In European football, we are aristocracy and you are.. well, I guess you already know the answer because your every single post radiates it.

And if that concept is too complicated to grasp, you can devote a bit of your time to the fact that our most expensive player was paid less than what Walcott takes home every week. The guys who were fighting with your second or third string team probably are even playing for less money than you work for (or, I guess, less than your parents work for). For me, that is something to be proud of. They didn’t crumble, they didn’t surrender - they did their best and came back undefeated.

One more thing before I sign out: being a bit more humble would do wonders for you and maybe even for Arsenal. Red Star Belgrade won more than 50 national titles and national cups (most of them were won during the time we played in the same league with Croats), we were European and World Champions... Hell, we even have longer streak of playing in European competitions than you guys - only war stopped us for a year or two. We are not afraid of anyone, which is stupid I guess but part of our culture (one of the songs our fans sang in Tokyo when we played for the World Champions title went: "Tokyo is a small town, Japanese are pussies"), but after the match, when the banter is over, we always try to congratulate the opponent and show a bit of respect. And that is what I am trying to do now with these posts. You could try it, too.

Best to you all, fingers crossed you will rise to the heights you already think you occupy.
Nobody cares about your small time club and it's irrelevant history.

Linson

if he isn't giving assists or scoring than he is poor despite the fact that he was the only one creating and making those breaking runs from midfield alongside Wilock and Nelson

I disagree matey, far too black and white a viewpoint for me. It is possible for someone to play well and not score/assist, just as it's possible for someone to score goals and get assists but still play badly (I'm looking at you Walcott )

That Peasant

Nobody cares about your small time club and it's irrelevant history.

Sure, we can always suppose that that kind of attitude is common,
unless you pay attention to the fact that there are many people who
can’t think in such simplistic manner. "Small time club" is a way to
knock down someone without really throwing anything at them.

My club has more history than you will be able to acquer soon, unless
you sack Wenger and try something else.

Common knowledge, shared with anyone who watches football is
out for some time and everybody think what many of your own fans
can vouch for: Wenger had his time and for the last years he is actually
killing your chances to grow as a club.

You dont have to be so bitter after recent downfall like not being part
of Champions league. The very moment you change manager, your
unfortunate saga will end, its obvious.

I would like to think there is a reason to be as optimistic about the
new season in my club as much as you can be optimistic about yours,
but all the signs are there that - unlike many Premier league clubs - my
Red Star will have to sell players in order to survive, which makes our
epic struggle even more daunting because its not one year its whole
decades spent in wrangling small change in order to survive.

Changing our fortune will depend on playing more games in Europe,
unless there is a big power shift in the way football is run, which is
not something Premier league or any other rich competitions will be
tempted to do any time soon.

say yes

forum master baiter
Made the inspired choice not to go to/watch this game and have no interest in watching the highlights either.

Take it the Giroud-Walcott combo was as elite as ever?

Linson

Made the inspired choice not to go to/watch this game and have no interest in watching the highlights either.

Take it the Giroud-Walcott combo was as elite as ever?

The elitist.

Walcott continues to embarrass himself by being the only professional footballer unable to control, kick or pass a ball.

Giroud just looks hopelessly rusty.

Wilshere was pretty fly though.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Still a bit wound up that I watched this... Didnt wanr to go 5 games without watching but damn that was painful. Was meant to be a break from DIY not a worse exercise of frustration!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Oh dear. Red Star fan teaching us lessons in etiquette? What I saw of the Red Star fans yesterday was a noisy (no problem with that), rude mob with little interest in football - this annoying habit of whistling when the other team has the ball, it takes two teams to make a football game if you don't like that you should go off and play with yourselves.

And objects thrown at the pitch, plus suspiciously racist sounding chants directed at our black players. If anyone is proud of that they can flush themselves into the sewer where they belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom