• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | FC BATE Borisov | 28/09/17 18:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you have any idea of his height?

I can't find anything on the Internet.
Chris Willock is 5'11 and Joe is slightly taller than him so I'd say he's 6'0 or 6'1. Probably the former. One thing all the Willock brothers have in common is how well they use their body on and off the ball. Joe seems very adept at winning the ball back and has a real competitive edge to his game.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Chris Willock is 5'11 and Joe is slightly taller than him so I'd say he's 6'0 or 6'1. Probably the former. One thing all the Willock brothers have in common is how well they use their body on and off the ball. Joe seems very adept at winning the ball back and has a real competitive edge to his game.
Joe's still 18 right? He'll probably grow another inch or two.

BobP

Memri Fan

Excellent, he's set to become our midfield dynamo for the next decade.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Neither one of us actually knows the mindset of the team, but the goal of the Europa League thus far seems to be to win matches while also giving players outside the starting 11 valuable minutes.

I think this makes a lot of sense, and we've won our opening two matches.

Do I think we'll play backups for the entirety of the competition? Of course not.

But our backups should be able to get us out of the group stages, and by the second half the season when the matches really matter, we'll have about 22 players who have been playing once a week and should be able to contribute in the EPL, FA Cup, Europa League, and possibly League Cup if we're still in the competition.

I'm not sure what mindset you think this match conveys, but rotating players while winning matches is something that teams in multiple competitions must do.
Rotating, yes, but not to the extent we saw last night. It wouldn't have happened if it were a CL game, and we should be treating this comp exactly the same. Ironically it's probably our best route back!

skip spence

Rotating, yes, but not to the extent we saw last night. It wouldn't have happened if it were a CL game, and we should be treating this comp exactly the same. Ironically it's probably our best route back!
The result suggests Wenger got it dead right. Rotating is always great if you win. And no, the EL should not be treated like the CL. The prestige and the TV money is not in any way comparable, though I've read somewhere that TV money may get significant if we reach the late stages and other English teams fail to progress.

Come spring Wenger will have choose though, choose between fielding his best side week after week on Thursdays at the cost of fatigue and a likely damaged league campaign or to face a likely EL exit.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When I saw the team sheet I thought the rotation looked too much, especially Wilcock. But we got the win and didn’t risk any of the first team.

Feeling a bit sorry for AMN, is Wilcock really the bigger talent or is Niles paying for his versatility.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Özil is a midfielder. I acknowledged the important goal, but his job is not only to provide the odd pass that results in a goal, but to do more stuff a midfielder does. He's got the freedom and responsibility to do a lot more as a midfielder.
His role was different last season, which even you acknowledged. He was ostensibly playing as a striker at times, so much so that you can't even fully see him on the average position map for that Ludogorets match:
67U5lsu.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His role was different last season, which even you acknowledged. He was ostensibly playing as a striker at times, so much so that you can't even fully see him on the average position map for that Ludogorets match:
67U5lsu.jpg
He was also accused of dropping far too deep on many occasions as well though, and he was doing that for whatever reasons people gave, like Alexis being a forward and him not being able to get on the ball...

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It was a hilarious game, we could've won about 12-8 with the amount of clear chances. Enjoyable to watch but worrying how **** our defence was, considering that was the experienced part of our team. Mustafi will probably start at the weekend, and Per/Holding are one injury or loss of form from playing. We need better wing backs than the reserve youth midfielders we've been playing. It just looks like a lazy way of offering them game time right now.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This competition is the best thing to happen to these youngsters, can imagine them all having pretty decent careers because of it, even if it's not here.

Yeah agree , that's why I don't mind that they get all this playing time in the EL , may pay off in years to come .

burnsjed

Established Member
Yeah agree , that's why I don't mind that they get all this playing time in the EL , may pay off in years to come .

The other thing it is doing right now is keeping the first XI fresh and giving valuable playing time to the likes of Wilshere, Giroud and Walcott who might be needed when players are rested/injured.
The only difficulty I can see, is that we don't have any natural cover for the RWB/LWB, given Monreal is playing as a CB and Debuchy, well thats another story.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
When I saw the team sheet I thought the rotation looked too much, especially Wilcock. But we got the win and didn’t risk any of the first team.

Feeling a bit sorry for AMN, is Wilcock really the bigger talent or is Niles paying for his versatility.

From what I've seen Willock looks to have a far better future than AMN. Time will tell but I don't see AMN being with us in a year or 2.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

I think AMN is paying for his versatility - Wenger likes this kid a lot.

say yes

forum master baiter

No we shouldn’t. The group stage of the Europa is absolute piss.

It’s a bit like the early stages of the FA Cup except that it doesn’t even matter if you lose because it’s a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom