• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Arsenal vs FK Qarabag | December 13, 2018 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Which youngster are you most looking forward to watching?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I love AMN but he lacks footbal identity, jack of all trades master of none it seems. I hope Emery can define a specific role for him so he can start developing for a certain position.
I tend to agree but to be fair to the guy when every time he comes on he's plying a different trade it's difficult for him to become a good jack.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I tend to agree but to be fair to the guy when every time he comes on he's plying a different trade it's difficult for him to become a good jack.

That injury at the start of the season really hampered his development as it looked like he’ll see serious game time.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That injury at the start of the season really hampered his development as it looked like he’ll see serious game time.
Yes. But he's still going to have a problem if he doesn't have a defined position or positions. The successes from the youth team we've had in years past tend to be when you have a young player who is like third choice in his position and suddenly is unexpectedly thrust into the forefront and succeeds.

Ashley Cole (who I now dislike of course) springs to mind. A few more months of loans and reserve football and he'd probably have been sold for a pittance.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Yes. But he's still going to have a problem if he doesn't have a defined position or positions. The successes from the youth team we've had in years past tend to be when you have a young player who is like third choice in his position and suddenly is unexpectedly thrust into the forefront and succeeds.

Ashley Cole (who I now dislike of course) springs to mind. A few more months of loans and reserve football and he'd probably have been sold for a pittance.

Agree. Bellerin also comes to mind kudos to Wenger for that one.

I can see AMN going on loan in the January he could do a job for a lower level PL club, even going to Champ to a club like Villa could do him a world of good. He’s at a stage of his career where he NEEDS to play and he has to have a define role in a team.

HBL

Established Member
I thought Willock was good yesterday, especially in the first half he was much better than AMN and Nketiah. Got stuck in and looks like he has much more of a presence in midfield this season.

I thought Willock was good yesterday, especially in the first half he was much better than AMN and Nketiah. Got stuck in and looks like he has much more of a presence in midfield this season.

Willock was good defensively. Did a lot of good defending and pressing in the midfield which he got praised for by the pundits. Still more to come from him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom