• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Vorskla Poltava v Arsenal | November 29, 2018 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I think he'll have to take a few senior players just to make up the 19 man squad. Atleast one of the three CBs (hopefully Mustafi), Kolasinac if Lichtsteiner isn't fit, Ramsey, and maybe one CF, I'm guessing Lacazette.

Giroud12

Because he's done it before and he has a "special relationship" with the Europa League.

Tell you what though, if he does take a strong team it means he hasn't much faith in a top four place and is gambling on winning the EL as a way into the CL. Which if I knew for certain we were going to win I'd take.

Rather have 5th and a trophy than the 4th place trophy. But it's a very risky strategy.

I agree - the problem is that he doesn't have to take a strong team in order to win the EL. If this was the knockout stages, you could argue that this match was more important than the NLD. As we all know, its totally pointless and means nothing for our chances to win the EL.

Sure, use first teamers when it really matters. As much as I love Emery, I would be slightly concerned if he brings anyone of importance to on this long ass trip. It's not excactly like popping over to Germany.

Giroud12

I think he'll have to take a few senior players just to make up the 19 man squad. Atleast one of the three CBs (hopefully Mustafi), Kolasinac if Lichtsteiner isn't fit, Ramsey, and maybe one CF, I'm guessing Lacazette.

Elneny and that young tall lad will be perfectly fine as CBs. Jenkinson and Lich. Absolutely no need for Laca.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I agree - the problem is that he doesn't have to take a strong team in order to win the EL. If this was the knockout stages, you could argue that this match was more important than the NLD. As we all know, its totally pointless and means nothing for our chances to win the EL.

Sure, use first teamers when it really matters. As much as I love Emery, I would be slightly concerned if he brings anyone of importance to on this long ass trip. It's not excactly like popping over to Germany.
with Mike Dean referring the NLD he should take those most likely to get sent off on Sunday as playing them will just encourage the Sp**s lover to get his red card out

GoonerBoy19

Xhaka is also on 4 yellows, with Dean for NLD he might miss the United game. I hope Emery don't take any of first 11 for Vorskla, he failed the trick by playing Monreal too many games and now will miss him for NLD and United games.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know Emery wants to keep players involved so they feel part of every game we play, but he's not stupid. He wont drag our top players out there and back for the hell of it, he will rest them at home. I can see him taking Özil because there is no guarantee he will play vs Sp**s, if Özil responds well it will improve his chances. He may have to take Mustafi and Kola, the rest I don't see him taking.

Tomb Bombadil

I also hope he will leave all players to start on saturday behind. But he needs 7 players on the bench, so I guess some have to go.

Cech - Jenkinson, Musatfi, Pleguezuelo, Lichtsteiner - Elneny, Guendouzi - AMN, Ramsey, ESR - Nketiah

Bench: Martinez, Kolasinac, Holding, Willock, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Aubameyang

If Lichtsteiner is not fit he migth even play Kolasinac and one more first team player has to go. Or could anyone from the youth team join the trip? Ben Sheaf and Medley didn't play for the U23 and Osei-Tutu and Saka under 45min.

Would be good if he can spare Auba, Iwobi and Kolasinac for the trip but doesn't seems likely. But would be really stupid to take most of the player with him just for the team spirit.

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I also hope he will leave most of the team behind. But he needs 7 players on the bench, so I guess some have to go.

Cech - Jenkinson, Musatfi, Pleguezuelo, Lichtsteiner - Elneny, Guendouzi - AMN, Ramsey, ESR - Nketiah

Bench: Martinez, Kolasinac, Holding, Willock, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Aubameyang

If Lichtsteiner is not fit he migth even play Kolasinac and one more first team player has to go. Or could anyone from the youth team join the trip? Ben Sheaf and Medley didn't play for the U23 and Osei-Tutu and Saka under 45min.

Yep. Think this is pretty much the squad except maybe Lacazette for Aubameyang. Emery doesn't have a choice really. 19 players have to be out there. Medley isn't registered for Europa League. Osei-Tutu just came back from injury. Not expecting Saka either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom