<

UEL: Molde v Arsenal |Thursday, November 26 | KO: 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Nov 23, 2020.

?

Prediction

Poll closed Nov 26, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

60.6%
  2. Draw

12.1%
  3. Molde Win

27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member Trusted

Is he even fit?

------------------Runnarson

Cedric----Chambers---Mustafi---AMN

------------Willock--Xhaka

Pepe-----------ESR-------------Nelson

---------------Lacazette

ESR rising to Saka levels last season is our only hope.

Jasard and Red London like this.
  2. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers Trusted

ESR really needs a loan. He is not consistent enough to play regularly for us, yet. His lack of games is not good for his development.

3. SevenOfClubs

SevenOfClubs Active Member

I believe that red card Pepe got, will be a wake up call for him

4. The_Playmaker

ESR has just been injured. He has just played a full season on loan, week in week out vs men.
    He is probably more ready than Nelson and Willock.

5. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers Trusted

I don't know how many of those games you saw when he was at the Hudd, but he was managed very carefully by the Cowleys. He played 19 games, and he was taken off quite a number of times.

He is a fine talent, but he needs more games than he will get at Arsenal this season.

6. The_Playmaker

And yet the assessment of him was that he was clearly their best player. Cowley managed him very well, but Europa league games is the best place to start. He has 3 games and the under 23 games between to state his claim and stay fit. It's up to him to then break into the first team.

7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

@Trilly when the beep test numbers are too good to ignore

8. Macho

Macho Has Trust Issues With Processes Trusted

I am personally happy about this, I feared he would have been on a one way trip to Hertha Berlin.

I guess Mikel is kind of in a compromised position, but looking at Guen, Özil and I definitely feared the worst.

Still a long way to go though.

9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

This makes sense. Arteta has been backing Pepe since Arteta took over as coach here and a lot of things he has done is to make sure Pepe is comfortable. So it made not a lot of sense to me when people were saying that Arteta would get rid of him because of the red card.

10. American_Gooner

[​IMG]

Troopz, Trilly and Macho like this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

This chess set is built on Lewis chessmen. It's one of the most expensive original chess set in the world. I think it's located in some museums in London. They found a rock not long ago that was valued at 1.2 million punds. I own a copy of lewis chessmen's set but mine can't move independently.

About Pepe, it's getting a bit tired(at least for me) that he is some victim of Arteta's hate towards him. Arteta has started him in many important games and give him chance after chance to prove himself!

12. American_Gooner

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Smith-Rowe and Bolagun also travelled.

14. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Nice to see Miguel Azeez, ESR, Flo Balogun and Ben Cottrell (!) called up for the Molde trip. It's unlikely we'll see all of them though but I'm hopeful. They've been strong performers for the U23s despite the topsy turvy season. Catalin Cirjan is also an excellent talent but he would have had to be on the A list so he's ineligible.

Think we'll see a relatively strong team for this game with these lads on the bench. It would be really nice to see one of this quartet start however. Think ESR should be the man, given his significant experience in comparison to the other 3. I'd love to see an Azeez start though, even though I think he's probably not quite ready for that.

Also really glad that Cottrell is in Arteta's thoughts. He's a talent who's incredibly far under the radar in terms of recognition, but he's always one of the better players and consistently a threat on the ball. Small but combative and a very technical player with a neat through ball.

15. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Good to see the manager giving chances for youngsters to impress.

RunTheTrap likes this.
  16. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Established Member Trusted

Have got high hopes for this kid

17. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

We were hoping getting bench would be a wake up call but it didn't turn out that way. But lets see

18. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

Hope to see ESR play and maybe Azeez. No idea how good they are Arsenal youngsters are so overrated it’s impossible to tell without watching them yourself. Got to say I hated the Europa when we first ended up here but I’m comfortable now the games are nice and easy. It’s also a European trophy that we actually have a chance of winning.

19. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Hopefully Azeez start here would be good test to see where he is development wise he turned 18 tow month ago time to give him chance.

20. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap In midfield with Cellabos

So who is on the plane to Molde? Does anyone have the full list of names?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.