• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 1st Leg: Arsenal v SSC Napoli | April 11, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

What will be the result after the first leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Did any of you guys watch Lich this season? Absolutely horrible both in attack and defence, and you want him to mark Insigne?
From 3 bad options I would choose Jenko, he doesn't offer anything in attack but at least he understands that and plays secure passes, was relatively stable in defence this season. AMN is highly unreliable, from great performances to complete crap, it's too risky to play him in this games.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I'm quite optimistic of our chances tomorrow. The question will be whether or not we'll do enough in the 1st leg, ahead of the trip to Naples, because that could end up being a long night, given our away struggles.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Did any of you guys watch Lich this season? Absolutely horrible both in attack and defence, and you want him to mark Insigne?
From 3 bad options I would choose Jenko, he doesn't offer anything in attack but at least he understands that and plays secure passes, was relatively stable in defence this season. AMN is highly unreliable, from great performances to complete crap, it's too risky to play him in this games.
Got crucified in the summer when I rubbished the Lich signing. The usual suspects on here accusing me of negativity, and how Lich was a top player from Juventus.

Bloke was finished.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Got crucified in the summer when I rubbished the Lich signing. The usual suspects on here accusing me of negativity, and how Lich was a top player from Juventus.

Bloke was finished.
We only got him as experienced cover. His best days were obviously behind him--it was just a question of whether he could still offer us something.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Anybody know Emery’s record vs. Italian teams? Not that it really matters but would be interesting to know.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu

The problem if you play Jenkinson is that you know that he will be poor. AMN may also play poorly but he might also have a great game.

Also this season Jenkinson's only played against some farmers from Bulgaria and Dubai and also against Bournemouth. Throwing him into this game would be idiotic.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

AMN seems to rise to the occasion in the big games, and in a back 5 it'll be easier for him.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Gutted I now can't be there tonight.

Managers always day you have to take one game at a time. I say tonight is the first part of a three-act drama, essentially an Italian Cojones sandwich, and must be treated as such.

Knowing Sokratis cannot play on Sunday it would be idiotic to play him but I'm afraid it makes it equally stupid to play Kos tonight even if he is still our best centre-back. If he gets injured tonight we could be facing Watford's physical assault with Monreal and Mustafi in central defence. Madness.

Equally I suggest Özil shouldn't start on Sunday, so he must start tonight. Whereas it would probably make sense to have Auba on the bench tonight bring him on second half and start on Sunday. If we go three at the back tonight we could start with Mkhi on the right and let AMN start on Sunday instead.

Other combinations are possible but the essential point is that playing your best XI is not always the best policy when you have three games in a week against different types of opponents and taking into account fitness and suspensions. If everything goes awry our season could be almost over by next Thursday. Need to have a cold head this week.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

No disrespect to any teams remaining but this is a preliminary final. Beat Napoli convincingly & we will have too much for either Valencia/Villareal.

I've no fear of Chelsea or whoever lies at the other end of the potential final at all.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Napoli likely to go 442 today with Insigne and Mertens upfront Allan Fabian ruiz in the midfield

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We absolutely have to win tonight. I reckon we can muster a Sp**s away type of performance next week, hopefully without the Mustafi part.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No disrespect to any teams remaining but this is a preliminary final. Beat Napoli convincingly & we will have too much for either Valencia/Villareal.

I've no fear of Chelsea or whoever lies at the other end of the potential final at all.
Don’t know where you get this confidence from, our away form is trash and we’re conceding for fun still.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Bloke was finished.

You banned yourself mate...

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I think we’ll win but I’m not sure it will be enough considering I expect us to concede at home and our away form.

Hope for a Leno masterclass and a blinder from someone in attack.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Don’t know where you get this confidence from, our away form is trash and we’re conceding for fun still.

Its in the belief that no such terrible form can go on indefinitely & I certainly believe next Monday, at Vicarage Road, we will put things right by turning the corner & start picking up the points that we need to drag ourselves out of the abyss of the Europa League for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom