• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 2nd Leg: CSKA Moscow (1) v Arsenal (4) | April 12, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Cech - 5
Bellerin - 6
Mustafi - 5
Kosc - 7
Nacho - 6
Elneny - 7
Ramsey - 7
Wilshere - 5
Welbeck - 8
Özil - 6
Lacazette - 4

Extremely disappointed with Lacazette and Özil today. Özil was a 4 in the second half, was no where to be seen.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ll be the first to admit it. I never used to take notice of the Europa League but since we’re doing well in it, this is now a big cup as far as I’m concerned.

Just like the FA Cup became a big cup when we were winning it.

Are you serious?

I still regard this as a second rate competition. For a club of our stature, our aim shouldn't be the Europa League or FA Cup.

We should be aiming to win the PL or CL. The club have forced the fans to lower their expectations.

I fear if we don't win the Europa League this season, we'll get stuck in this black hole and fall further behind the likes of City, Utd, Sp**s & Liverpool.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Not quite sure why people are talking about Elneny, he had a very good game I think. Wilshere's the one who did f*ck all, a 21 year old Russian kid outplayed him with ease.
Not gone through the thread yet but are people seriously bashing El Neny and not Wilshere?:lol::lol: **** me. El Neny provided the only bits of quality in the game. Wilshere was nothing short of weak. Bullied off the ball, completely ineffective and an utter irrelevance. Don't get me wrong, El Neny is not Xavi but you can at least see what he offers. Wilshere is done, he's finished. Accept it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not gone through the thread yet but are people seriously bashing El Neny and not Wilshere?:lol::lol: **** me. El Neny provided the only bits of quality in the game. Wilshere was nothing short of weak. Bullied off the ball, completely ineffective and an utter irrelevance. Don't get me wrong, El Neny is not Xavi but you can at least see what he offers. Wilshere is done, he's finished. Accept it.

He is an ex-parrot.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This cup takes on further signficance, because it brings back the Champions League in my opinion

Other than that, its rubbish, nothing but a filler trophy to get more numbers than your rivals.

Arsenal are a top ten club in world football, revenue speaking, not a second tier semi-finalist.

Yeah but we've no real European heritage though, Mourinho is right in what he said, Sevilla winning this competition so many times did them a world of good. The winning habit is a good thing to have, especially when you're constantly doing it over two legs too it really sets you up for the CL when you finally get back in it.

Before this season we had not won a two legged knockout European tie since 2010, this competition is getting us back into the habit of doing that again while winning the tournament in itself would give us a trophy that we've never won and will get us back into the CL. It'll be a massive achievement if we can do.

If people want to be miserable and play it down then that's on them, I'm not gonna try and persuade them otherwise but for the team it's really important.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Are you serious?

I still regard this as a second rate competition. For a club of our stature, our aim shouldn't be the Europa League or FA Cup.

We should be aiming to win the PL or CL. The club have forced the fans to lower their expectations.

I fear if we don't win the Europa League this season, we'll get stuck in this black hole and fall further behind the likes of City, Utd, Sp**s & Liverpool.
You’re right. We’re better than this.

But I’m the sort of fan that will cling onto anything. Whether it’s back-to-back FA Cup bullies or Champions of Europe, I’ll use anything to give me leverage when debating with friends & fans from other clubs.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
You’re right. We’re better than this.

But I’m the sort of fan that will cling onto anything. Whether it’s back-to-back FA Cup bullies or Champions of Europe, I’ll use anything to give me leverage when debating with friends & fans from other clubs.

We're clearly not better than this, we're 13 points behind 'better than this'.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Seems to be the get out of jail card for all our midfield. 'Not as as bad as ....'.
'Not as bad as... on a bad day'.

Just like Welbeck, he'll prove his critics right far more often than not, and has done to date without question.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Poor start but we got the job done. Elneny, Ramsey, Welbeck and Chambers continue their good form.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Everybody love Wenger even Putin would want to take photo with Wenger
These are the same people who were buying Levi's jeans on the black market in the 90s. Their taste for relics is not really an indication of current vintage.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Yes, 13 points behind Tottenham, we are better than this.

Forget Sp*rs, we're 13 points behind Champions League qualification. We might win this cup, we might not. But what do you think would've happened if this team had played in the Champions League this year? F*ck all, is the answer.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but we've no real European heritage though, Mourinho is right in what he said, Sevilla winning this competition so many times did them a world of good. The winning habit is a good thing to have, especially when you're constantly doing it over two legs too it really sets you up for the CL when you finally get back in it.

Before this season we had not won a two legged knockout European tie since 2010, this competition is getting us back into the habit of doing that again while winning the tournament in itself would give us a trophy that we've never won and will get us back into the CL. It'll be a massive achievement if we can do.

If people want to be miserable and play it down then that's on them, I'm not gonna try and persuade them otherwise but for the team it's really important.

Couldn’t agree more. With our history in Europe this would be a great achievement and far better for this team than finishing top4 if you had to choose only one.

This season would be a success if we end up winning it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom