• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 2nd Leg: CSKA Moscow (1) v Arsenal (4) | April 12, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
These are the same people who were buying Levi's jeans on the black market in the 90s. Their taste for relics is not really an indication of current vintage.

You mean the 80's. You probably could've got genuine Levi's in the 90's if you could afford them. Anyway, what's wrong with Levi's?

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Not its an everyday thing between two friends. I dont use it but not exactly out of the norm.
Yeah, I'm black and have white friends. None of them would call me nigga. That shït just isn't normal.
If anyone was going to say that I would've thought it'd be Bellerin
That's true. If anyone was going to say it, I'd have expected it to be Bellerin.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I'm black and have white friends. None of them would call me nigga. That shït just isn't normal.

That's true. If anyone was going to say it, I'd have expected it to be Bellerin.

Yeah, if he did say it that’s unacceptable. Don’t think Welbeck would be cool with it either, so I’m giving Monreal the benefit of doubt.

blaze_of_glory

I'm hoping it's either not what he really said or there is some sort of inside joke between the two of them. And if it's the latter he still shouldn't be yelling it out like that.

I hold Nacho in very high regard, just below the likes of Henry and Giroud so desperate for an explanation here.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
I think this is like the Suarez incident a big misunderstanding

'Is the word “negro” the same in Spanish as it is in English?

No, absolutely not.

Am I a racist?

No, absolutely not.'
~Suarez

As Monreal is Spanish I think he said in a friendly way as the word means something very different in Spanish then it does in English it doesn't really have any negative association.

'negro and negra are commonly used to refer to partners, close friends[21] or people in general, independent of skin color.'

That's assuming he said Negro and it was just misheard as the words are similar.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
You mean the 80's. You probably could've got genuine Levi's in the 90's if you could afford them. Anyway, what's wrong with Levi's?
I think it was still the case in the early 90s. I remember reading about it as a child. There's nothing wrong with Levi's at all. I'm just saying that they have a certain fondness for things whose best periods are behind them.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think this is like the Suarez incident a big misunderstanding

'Is the word “negro” the same in Spanish as it is in English?

No, absolutely not.

Am I a racist?

No, absolutely not.'
~Suarez

As Monreal is Spanish I think he said in a friendly way as the word means something very different in Spanish then it does in English it doesn't really have any negative association.

'negro and negra are commonly used to refer to partners, close friends[21] or people in general, independent of skin color.'

That's assuming he said Negro and it was just misheard as the words are similar.
Pull the other one :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
I agree with some of the sentiment on here; winning the EL is definitely worth more than top 4, especially for us because of our lack of European pedigree.

If we win it all, we'll remember this trophy. Top 4 on the other hand would quickly be forgotten about.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just saw the game. Some unnecessarily nerve wracking moments. I was struck by how much Özil avoids heading balls. Welbeck and Elneny put in a shift and we’re rewarded. As a team, I think we put ourselves in danger when we’d sat back too much. Press this CSKA team a little more, and we would’ve had an easier game. There was a point in the second half when Elneny was sitting back so deep he was virtually a CB. That allowed CSKA more space in the middle. I liked Golovin too. Iwobi’s miss was criminal. All in all, we came back from two goals down, and that’s should help our confidence, given our recent positive results.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'd like to think that if he had said nigga, there would've been a bigger reaction from Welbeck. If he did though, that's foul.

Don't think he called him that , you don't just randomly say that . Would have been a reaction from Welbeck .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Elneny was comfortably our best player on the night, followed by Danny and Aaron. He did the defending, the running and the pressing for two players, and was only guilty of a single mistake.

Jack was atrocious and needs to shipped. Iwobi should've taken his place far earlier, even though he's not good enough either. Özil and Laca lacked energy and drive, then they also lost their focus and desire as the game went on. They were shocking towards the end.

Mustafi, surprisingly, put on a decent performance, while Bellerin wasn't absolutely naive defensively which is encouraging.

marting

Imagine if we played teams of CL quality.....we wouldnt make it through the groups. Dont let the draw mask what was a truely awful display against a really poor side. You can accept a 1 off but this is time and time again.

IslingtonBornandbred

Don't think he called him that , you don't just randomly say that . Would have been a reaction from Welbeck .

It's an non issue for me. It's debatable whether it was said or not because of the sound quality, Spanish or English, what did he actually say etc.

But.

You never know the situation between friends and the context. Monreal could barely speak English that long ago. It's not something he's just going to say randomly. For all we know, Welbeck could have taught him the phrase for a joke and they say it to each other all the time. In that case, Welbeck wouldn't react negatively or have any issue with it because he's the one that taught him it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom