• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: Rennes v Arsenal | March 7, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,109
  • Views 76,693

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope Guendouzi is rested. He's 19 and one of our top 3 starters. Torreira and Xhaka and I'd bring Xhaka off.

Hope we utilise Suarez for a good 30 minutes of he isn't starting and do some smart rotating to give some rest to players. Rest Koscielny.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Would rotate heavily for this. United game is crucial and they’re going to have an extra day’s rest.

Would probably play some kind of 352 formation with Suarez and Özil behind Aubameyang.

I understand your point, but can we rotate because if we might lose against United and lose agains Rennes because of a weaker team we might be in more trouble, difficult decision to be made by Emery.

Mohamed7

I’d play something like this:

—————— Aubameyang ———————
—————Özil* ———-- Suarez —————
Kolasinac** - Torreira - Elneny - Jenkinson
——— Koscielny - Sokratis - Mustafi ———
————————— Cech —————————

* Ramsey instead if Emery wants to start Özil vs. United.
** Monreal instead if Emery wants to start Kola vs. United.

Would enable us to start the same front 6 we used against Sp**s fully rested against United.

Although a back 4 might be better because it means we can rest Koscielny.

I would really rest both Kosc and Sok. Both of them just came back from injuries and would be too risky (specially Kosc with his injury records) to play full matches both Rennes and United.

We just need to avoid injuries and a loss against Rennes. We will do the rest at home.

Mohamed7

Lets not forget that United have injury worries of their own and because they are stubborn and 'United' they will think they can go to Paris and win so will field the strongest possible line up there which may work in our favour.
We are hoping they would go for the tie in Paris. I am sure they will go with guns blazed. That means we need to take the risk against Rennes by fielding a weaker team and have a fresh starting 11 against United. Home advantage plus having fresh 11, that would give us huge boost.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We'll start with strong line up emery want to win this competition.
Certainly hope so Yousif. I would play a strong side such as below

----------Helmet--------
AMN-Sokratis-Mustafi-Kola
Torreira-Guendouzi
Mihki---Özil---Iwobi
PEA

I hate to use Mustafi but we need to rest Kos, i feel.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Would rest whoever Emery think needs at the back to start v United.

Is Lukaku fit? Feel Ole is going to put him against one of our fullbacks.

Mohamed7

----------Cech--------
Jenks/Lich—Mavro/Lich--Mustafi-Kola
Torreira-Guendouzi
Suarez---Özil---Iwobi
PEA

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Is Mavro injured? If not then play him and mr calamity. Maybe he has some pride and will want to make up for the sh!t he did.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Cech
Lich Mustafi Papa Kola
Lucas Xhaka
AMN Özil Iwobi
Auba

my guess. think only wingers are a doubt

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Is Mavro injured? If not then play him and mr calamity. Maybe he has some pride and will want to make up for the sh!t he did.

He’s not included in our EL squad sadly, registration issues. I would’ve liked to see him too- he got injured at a very inconvenient time.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Now Torreira banned for 3 league games he'll have to start in europa league games

Cech
Jenko Mustafi Sokratis Kola
Torreira Xhaka
Mkhi Özil Iwobi
Auba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom