• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: Rennes v Arsenal | March 7, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,109
  • Views 76,532

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Scandalous performance from Monreal. Doing a Gallas way up the pitch instead of tracking the run. Shambolic attempt to stop the cross for the 2nd

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Here we thought it was a very strong team on paper and we would put on a dominating performance.
But nope, we had to Arsenal it up. My confidence for the Utd game has absolutely shattered now.

Arsenal doesn't really have anyone to take the team by the scruff of the neck and drag them on like in the old days. We've seen it so many times in the last few seasons. They're going along fine, something bad happens, then they really can't respond. They need a real leader or two out there.

That said, I do expect them to respond well on Sunday. They'll be at home, where they've been quite good lately. They should have no trouble getting up for Manchester United with the clubs battling it out for a spot in the top 4.

OSBK

Established Member
Cech - 7 not much he could do
Monreal - 2 turned his back for the first goal
Koscielny - 7 only player commited
Sokratis - 2 poor choices
Mustafi - 0 if he is out of his depth at rennes then what is his level
Mikitaryan - 7 stuck to his task and cannot remember him getting caught out
Xhaka - 4 stuck his foot in but very poor
Torreira - 2 no impact in the game at any stage
Özil - 5 cant see how you blame him, passed nicely and retained possesion.
Iwobi - 6 shouldnt have come off
Aubameyang - 1 tonight showed why laca is our 9 and auba should be on the wing. No prescence and playing for himself.

Subs-

Doozi - 4 poor
Ramsey - 5 no effect
Kola - 1 what was the point

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The ingame changes from Emery were a horror today.

Think he had the right idea with the first one, but missed to bring on a defender at RB and to get Auba off earlier.

Özil off when chasing a goal isn't the best idea, too. That Guendouzi would have such an abominal game - maybe Emery could've seen it coming, maybe he couldn't have.

Keeping Mkhi at rightback was a bad choice. Not because I wouldn't trust him to put in a shift defensively, but 'cause any sort of coordination and tuning was missing on that right side - that was basically opening up our right side for them when Sarr had already opened the left for them by pocketing Monreal. They could have a go at our box from any side they wished to.

Top Quality

All sorts 0f things to be frustrated about in this match, but the main two for me:

- such a soft red card. Maybe I should see them again, but that was two half-yellows and completely changed the complexity of the game. Especially frustrating after the refereeing on the weekend.

- Monreal and Guendouzi not running back after losing the ball for the third, Ramsey almost made it, but it was not his job to be there in the first place. Such lazy defending, should not have played that high in the first place.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Disgraceful result.

I'm not taking being down to 10 men as an excuse. If our players and tactics were good enough we wouldn't have gone down to 10 men. And even after going down to 10 men we shouldn't be getting ****ing humiliated by Rennes
Our performance was spot on until Sokratis took the most stupid 2 yellow cards ever they didn't even threat cech

HBL

Established Member
I'm actually fuming, our players are brain dead at times. Feels like Rennes have had everything handed to them on a plate. The tie gets switched, their game at the weekend cancelled and two key decisions in the first half going for them.

emilursin

Rennes have been really Good in the Europa League, they throw everyone forward and are bound to score some goals against our dodgy defence at the emirates, no way we are going through, we need too outscore them Big time and that sint happening the way out attack is Looking atm

Plutarch

One of our worst games for a long time. I've seen plenty of teams playing with ten men, and they don't get ripped apart down the wings. But we'll still go through, we'll beat them 4-0 at the Emirates.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

That result was about as good as a Nando’s, rubbish.

Reactions: A_G

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Still pissed at Guendouzi for their 3rd, might not have stopped it, but his effort was inexcusable..

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rennes have been really Good in the Europa League, they throw everyone forward and are bound to score some goals against our dodgy defence at the emirates, no way we are going through, we need too outscore them Big time and that sint happening the way out attack is Looking atm
We'll beat them by 3+ goals bate we're better defensively than Rennes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom