• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Rennes (3) | March 14, 2019 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vital for us to finish the season strongly that all the players help to make Özil feel comfortable and they help him out! Özil is at his best when other players are playing well and help him out!

Our amazing playmaker! Our only hope!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
you can just smell a win here in regular time and going through, in front of electric Emirates.
let's see... COYG

3 nil. Its been a week of combacks. Let's follow suite.
Yeah, we absolutely have to qualify considering this is the only trophy we can lift this season and also it would be a shame to be the black sheep in the English family if we don't qualify as all the others have or have one foot in in the case of Chelsea.

I like this Arsenal team which wins when it must. Must show everyone that we've gone up a level thanks to Emery. I hope we will be even meaner and badder next term!
Now, let's batter these **** team and put em in their place like we did to those cvnts from the city on Manchester! COYG

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We really have to go through here, it's vital for our momentum.
Not necessarily. If we go out tonight we can focus 100% on the league. Not saying I'd prefer that as I would also like to go through.

Then again, I am a big believer in maintaining momentum so I agree with your sentiment in theory. Where it stumbles for me is this Thursday night kak... It seriously makes a difference particularly when the FA have played us on Sundays rather than Mondays in many fixtures.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We've heard this "if we go out today we can focus on the League" season after season (after going out of the CL) and I can't recall any instance where it really benefitted us.

Emery can manage a squad, that's the one big positive I can take from his first season here, that's why I'm certain staying in the EL could be beneficial to us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know Emery will play Cech but I'd go with Leno, at this stage we should be playing our best team available.

Auba-----Laca-----Mkhi

-----------Özil

----Ramsey--Torreira

Kola-Kos-Mustafi-AMN

-----------Leno

MikeVinna

Established Member
We have the squad to ‘easily’ compete on 2 fronts. I’d like to reach the final in Europa. Where’s the final being held anyway?

We’ll beat Rennes today but not sure if we’ll score enough. Could see us conceding too. They have some pace and trickery up front.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
We've heard this "if we go out today we can focus on the League" season after season (after going out of the CL) and I can't recall any instance where it really benefitted us.

Emery can manage a squad, that's the one big positive I can take from his first season here, that's why I'm certain staying in the EL could be beneficial to us.

I would say very beneficial.
Unai takes every chance to tell us again and again, how much he wants us to show emotions on the pitch so that we bond with the supporters and create a momentum.
think Emery sees every game like that, but those more important ones he is fully in, ready to bring the emotions to the top.

we'll start firing on cylinders from minute 1, looking for a fast goal, electric atmosphere, put them on the wrong foot right away, destroy their confidence with constant pressure.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We need to blitz them right from the start but I think some changes in first 11 must be made with Ramsey making way for Torreira. Hopefully Emery decides to start Leno too, as a single mistake by Cech could **** it all up.

Auba - Laca
Özil
Kola - Xhaka - Torreira - AMN
Monreal - Kos - Mustafi
Leno​

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

You mention how it has never benefitted us and then in the next paragraph remember we have an entirely different manager...
Also maybe you recall bu UCL games are no later than a Wednesday... Makes a bit of a difference when you play on a Thursday in some land far east..

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
You mention how it has never benefitted us and then in the next paragraph remember we have an entirely different manager...
Also maybe you recall bu UCL games are no later than a Wednesday... Makes a bit of a difference when you play on a Thursday in some land far east..

....and then play the next League game on Sunday.
I doubt it makes a considerable difference at this stage of the competition.

Emery can manage a squad and we've seen in autumn how vital building up momentum can be.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I want a big win tonight if only to wipe out the memory of last Thursday's horror show - but winning it could let United, Chelsea or even Sp**s into the CL if we finish fourth in the PL, and that would be a pity

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Exactly this.

I feel like people tend to forget winning the EL means a place in the CL now. Why close two avenues to chase one? We’re good enough to achieve both IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom