• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Rennes (3) | March 14, 2019 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
We've heard this "if we go out today we can focus on the League" season after season (after going out of the CL) and I can't recall any instance where it really benefitted us.

Emery can manage a squad, that's the one big positive I can take from his first season here, that's why I'm certain staying in the EL could be beneficial to us.

Agree. I’d definitely rather we won this and think it would be quite embarrassing to go out vs. Rennes, even if we were unfortunate in the first leg.

It won’t be a disaster if we crash out but, at this point, the morale and momentum we’d gain are more important that the extra days preparation in the league. Also want Emery to inculcate the feeling in the squad that they can beat anyone / overcome any scoreline at the Emirates. Making this place a fortress again is key.

Too many embarrassing home defeats under Wenger was the reason why the home support had battered wife syndrome towards the end.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We've heard this "if we go out today we can focus on the League" season after season (after going out of the CL) and I can't recall any instance where it really benefitted us.

Emery can manage a squad, that's the one big positive I can take from his first season here, that's why I'm certain staying in the EL could be beneficial to us.
We are only battling on two fronts, we don't have our next league game until 18 days time. Of course we go for broke here.

The situation in the league is tricky, we've got a chance of top four, maybe even 3rd. But we could end up 3rd and outside the CL whereas winning this would guarantee CL football.

Some of the games we have left in the league are potential banana skins - starting with the next game against an improving Newcastle - not as straightforward as some seem to think. but we're really going to need to be much better than we were at Rennes to win this trophy. Starting with tonight. You'd normally think 2-0 home win against the likes of Rennes would be a cinch but we may need to score four. Auba, in particular, and Laca will need to step up as we haven't really got that many scoring options beyond them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
....and then play the next League game on Sunday.
I doubt it makes a considerable difference at this stage of the competition.

Emery can manage a squad and we've seen in autumn how vital building up momentum can be.
No for sure. I want us in as many competitions as possible. I love watching our team play! The more we are in the more chance I get. As frustrating as a season can be my life sucks between from the May to August because I have no football.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
UEFA will be hoping we don’t get to the final I guess. To hold it in a country where people are not allowed in due to their nationality is unacceptable.
I hope that it does not lead to shenanigans from the refs, they're bad enough as it is.

My view is that we should refuse to play the final if Mkhi is not allowed there. They should change the venue. It is unacceptable for a player to be discriminated against... "kick it out" etc etc

say yes

forum master baiter
Don't forget it could be the last game from Cech in his career.

I’d drop him tbh. Need to take this game seriously and play our best XI.

Cech may have done well in the reverse fixture but his inability to play out from the back doesn’t help the way that Unai wants us to and Leno is in sublime form right now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Never understood playing your second keeper in any games you really need to win, other than the league cup... maybe. I've always argued against it. So you really want to win the game, and you decide to play your recognised second best goalkeeper. And why? For no other reason than to keep them happy. I love Cech, even in his old and vulnerable age, but **** off.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Yepp, we did. Other than for a team that basically only has 11 quality players and absolute **** after, this might apply, kind of.

It's more the league cups on top, in case you go far, that do the overkill, if you dont have City's depth. Especially in the overloaded patches of the season where too much games are to be played it can tire some mainstays without return. that's why we should play the kids there without exceptions

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
come on Emery.... show the courage of your convictions.... start Guendouzi and Torreira and bench Özil and Ramsey. :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

No reason not to smash them so it will probably be a tricky 2-1

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If they have the balls to attack we could be in trouble.

Expect they will sit back though like most in their position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom