• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal v AC Milan | March 15, 2018 20:05 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

buji banton

I know it was a dive ect ect but man the media. :lol:

Arsenal won 3-1, headlines - Referees saved Arsenal
Chelsea lost 3-0, headlines - Brave Chelsea fought till the end

Seriously, am I missing something here? o_O
It's crazy. Last week Calhanoglu was fouled by Ospina but stayed on his feet and everybody said he was too honest, he should have gone for the penalty. Welbeck gets touched in the box and goes down, "oh it's a bad dive, oh he's a cheat".
Media loves to hate us

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I did not see the first half, just saw Welbeck’s penalty moment. Oh where to begin?!

First of all, what the hell are those 5th/6th referees doing there if they don’t judge this properly. It looks like he says to the ref that its a foul even what a joke.

Secondly, BT, what was that, 8 replays? Go **** yourselves. When Sp**s do it, Dele Ali was anticipating contact, it just never came.

What a horrible dive tho Danny. :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Delighted. Absolutely delighted. Hopefully we get a favourable draw though all the teams left are tricky. Hopefully we get Salzburg, Moscow or Lisbon . Hopefully Madrid get Red Bull.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Good performance, despite looking more vunerable down the flanks defensively than we did in the past 2 matches. I thought Jack and Xhaka were our best two players.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We’ve always been quiet. Highbury wasn’t called the library for nothing.

Well it was also a fortunate rhyming scheme, wasn't it.

But yeah I know, but for big occasions and especially European nights we can do a lot better. I stand by the observation that we're still sulking and acting out, and that we should maybe snap out of it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why the **** did Atletico have to go and bottle the CL group stages?

Would back us against any of the remaining teams, except them.

Should have beaten Chelsea home and away. Proper bottle job.

If we'd have had Chelsea instead with our form against them would have been a nailed on win.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gattuso being very gracious in his post-match interview:

“(Welbeck’s) a striker, he has to do what he does,” Milan boss Gattuso said.

“We can’t use that as a reference for English football. There’s a great deal of fair play in England.

“When I was a player, I’d try to take advantage of individual situations, but I’m not going to judge these things.

“I don’t want to talk about the referee (Jonas Eriksson). I don’t want any alibi. In the same way Donnarumma made a mistake, as you can, a referee can make a mistake as well.”

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Class by Gattuso.

As for the game, well, the fact that even Welbeck (one of our worse players) has it in him to pull off a MotM performance in an important European game really says it all about the state of our squad: It is fine as far as individual quality goes (though maybe lacking in depth in a few areas.) It must be on Wenger's coaching in every instance where the things go terribly south.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Class by Gattuso.

As for the game, well, the fact that even Welbeck (one of our worse players) has it in him to pull off a MotM performance in an important European game really says it all about the state of our squad: It is fine as far as individual quality goes (though maybe lacking in depth in a few areas.) It must be on Wenger's coaching in every instance where the things go terribly south.
Sure. Who coached the team yesterday then?

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Sure. Who coached the team yesterday then?

Wenger is bad when judged on consistency. At his very best, when he seems to get everything right in those two or three games a season, he is up there with anyone. He always had and still has the occasional masterclass in him, it's that he can't make his team perform regularly.

Giroud12

Solid performance that! Comfortably knocked out an in-form Milan, can't complain about that.

I've been saying for a long time that Xhaka and Mustafi are victims of our lack of a system and that they in reality are more than good enough for Arsenal. Finally we are seeing some of their true quality, they have both been excellent for several games now. Thought they both did great last night. El nenny also looked very good the time he was on. Ospina should start every game for the remainder of the season, so nice to have a keeper that can control a back pass from the defence.

We should be winning the EL now and its nice to beat some actual teams on the way, unlike man utd last year.

The dive from Welbeck was imbarrasing - at the same time its crazy how the media reacts to this compared to the weekly diving/career ending tackels from Alli. That tackle vs. City could easily end someones career, yet the reaction from the media was that "it looked worse than it was"?
Oddly enough the media wasnt crying out when we were at the other end of the decision vs. City, Stoke, West Brom, Watford, Chelsea and man utd. Welbeck stayed on his feet vs utd and was denied a stonewall penalty, so I guess its understandable why he dived. Still shouldnt be happening at Arsenal though.

See some talk about the lack of an atmosphere at the Emirates. Yes its awful but its the same at every other big English ground, especially when you have away fans from Italy, Greece, Turkey and Serbia. Its not like Old Trafford was on fire the other night and you see it all the time in the PL as well.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
A lot of the more heavier criticised players in Xhaka, Mustafi, Elneny, Welbeck, Chambers and Holding have come into good form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom