UEL R32 1st Leg: Olympiacos v Arsenal | Thursday, February 20 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Feb 17, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Feb 20, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

65.7%
  2. Draw

28.6%
  3. Olympiacos Win

5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...didn't know @OnlyOne was at the game, glad we got the win for you mate!

North5, OnlyOne, Camron and 6 others like this.
  2. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

:lol: It can't be denied that the Emirates is generally quiet; takes those big games to get it rocking. I get mad when people label our whole fan base as 'sh!t' though. Ironically, they're the sh!ttiest fans.

North5 and RacingPhoton like this.
  3. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

The spartan against Persians

4. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

This is AM. You're either world class or completely useless.

5. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

This game showed a very mature Arsenal in the making. I hope some of us fans should resonate and show that maturity in our support and analysis. I am very confident Arteta makes the best choices since he spends more time with the boys and has all the backing of the back room staff and data analysis to pick his team and game strategy. So far he has turned this team around to get every player playing like we never seen before under Emery.

Solid performance from the team and 3 clean sheets in a row. No one should take this for granted.

Games like this makes you wonder why some of us do not value Özil for example. We missed him today. Arteta has understood Özil needs the ball quicker when he picks up pockets of space in the final third. We have been used to Özil dropping deep to pick the ball and start creating momentum. Against Newcastle he was asked to stay in the opposition third and wait for the balls from Xhaka or Dani. Özil was terrific in the second half. Now we know how to use him better and bring Pepe and the forwards into play. Arteta is learning and adapting the team to the players strengths.

As for Laca. I wish he could get the same abuses and keep scoring every game. Happy with that.

6. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

We all knew what you meant mate. Don’t let Gurpreet bother you.

7. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Saw the team sheet today and cringed. If you told me a team selection of Mustafi, Sokratis, Luiz, Xhaka, Guendouzi, and Laca the Hutt would've gotten a clean sheet back in December, I would've laughed you out of a pub. I think it's promising to see Arteta getting wins with his system now after we have been getting used to expecting the worst. Getting wins matters more than style right now so I'm a happy fan lately.

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

The Luiz lovefest is sickening tbh. He’s had one decent month for Arsenal and he’s turned into Tony Adams ffs.

9. andeoch1

andeoch1 Active Member

Is there anyway I can
    Block or not see ‘ Gdeep’ comments . They are ****ing nauseating.

Camron and Eaststander74 like this.
  10. Eaststander74

If Adams was half the footballer Luiz is, FIFA would have retired the No.6 shirt.

11. Eaststander74

@GDeep™

Camron, Tir Na Nog and andeoch1 like this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Talking of nauseating, that tattoo :rofl:

grange likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

[​IMG]

:rofl:

North5 and bandaid like this.
  14. andeoch1

andeoch1 Active Member

That’s the best retort you have , you dipstick

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Click my username and you should see the “ignore” option. Click that and you can ignore me mate.

God bless you.

Artisan and grange like this.
  16. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

2 wins in a row, and 3 consecutive clean sheets!! When was the last time that happened??!!

Plutarch likes this.
  17. Manberg

Manberg Predator

@andeoch1 I think it’s beautiful. Ignore the haters.

Eaststander74 likes this.
  18. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

This was a great win in fairness. Tough place to go and play and I can't even remember a decent clear cut chance for Olympiakos. Closest they came was a potential Luiz OG.
    Arteta is doing some magic with our defence with the scrap he has.

19. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

The problem with Luiz is that throughout his career he's gone through spells where he's look fairly solid and then he does something stupid at an important moment. It's like you're always waiting for that slip up.

Makingtrax likes this.
  20. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Hmmm...

[​IMG]

Tir Na Nog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.