UEL R32: Arsenal vs BATE Borisov | February 21, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by StatLad, Feb 14, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win and go through to next round

84.5%
  2. Arsenal win but BATE go through to next round

6.9%
  3. Draw

5.2%
  4. Loss

3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I was becoming very frustrated at one point where we couldn't string two or more forward passes together.
    School boy stuff at times.

2. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Hopefully some of our kids get introduced in preseason. Think ESR and Nelson. They have the technical quality and speed the team lacks.

3. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Thought Monreal looked a bit dodgy in the first half, think I'd have Kolasinac as first choice now.

field442 likes this.
  4. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

I am seriously wondering at how Emery's poor communication skills in English is affecting this multilingual group of players.

5. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

I found it very odd Hleb got a standing ovation last night. He was here less time then Sanchez. I know he didn't move to a rival but all he did was have one good season and then **** off to Barcelona. At least Sanchez produced genuine brilliance for us rather then dribbling to within 5 yards of an open goal before passing it backwards.

say yes and Bergkamp1988 like this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think because he love Arsenal and admit his move to barca was wrong decision back then

7. Sanis

Sanis Well-Known Member

Exactly, from his interviews it's obvious that he still loves and respects Arsenal.

8. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

This is where I'll back @rich 1990 .. Actions speak louder than words. Stuffed his career with that move, that's why he pines after arsenal. It is still all about him actually.. Nothing to do with a genuine affection for AFC

9. Sanis

Sanis Well-Known Member

I found an interesting and honest Hlebs old interview in popular Russian website sport-express.ru maybe I'll translate it and post in the Ex Gunner thread when I'll be in the mood :)

DanDare likes this.
  10. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I guess. The talent is obviously there, but I thought he was very sloppy and mishit several passes (one moment stood out when he missed the ball completely). Seemed rather lax in his performance in my eyes. Also provided little cover for the defense. I expected more.

I haven't seen anything from him yet, which is why I want to see him play. These short cameos don't say much. Also can't draw any conclusions from this match, though he did look rather anonymous. Game was over by then though.

11. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

People make mistakes

12. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Xhaka and Lich were very good.

13. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

He needs to change his boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.