• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32: BATE Borisov v Arsenal | February 14, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Was this worse than losing to Ostersunds at home?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Different situations. We were 3-0 up and played a second string team, obviously complacency crept in. This Bate game was our strongest team in the first leg, against a team in pre season.

We’ll smash them at home though.
Just when the forum was getting Meh.
You've been missed, bra

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
That is true and on paper we could say GDeep is being kneejerk. But is he. I mean the level of football was just pants against Bate. I remember it being horrid against Ostersunds but we really looked like garbage on Thursday.

We were awful but don't forget also we played on a horrible turf in winter conditions.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Different situations. We were 3-0 up and played a second string team, obviously complacency crept in. This Bate game was our strongest team in the first leg, against a team in pre season.

We’ll smash them at home though.

Was hardly a second string team, we still played with the likes of Mikhi, Kola, Bellerin and Iwobi. Apart from Welbeck and Wilshere that team was probably stronger or at least on par with what we put out against Bate.

JW10

We were awful but don't forget also we played on a horrible turf in winter conditions.

It wasn't that bloody cold, especially if you're running around. We were just poor from the off and once again a player missing a golden chance early on has cost us.

I'm sure we'll get through on Thursday but this team is much better than Ostersunds and we don't already hold all the cards. I still expect a comfortable 3-0 win but won't be surprised either way after that turgid first leg.

Also hate people blaming the pitch, it got worse over the game but again it's no excuse for that performance.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Was hardly a second string team, we still played with the likes of Mikhi, Kola, Bellerin and Iwobi. Apart from Welbeck and Wilshere that team was probably stronger or at least on par with what we put out against Bate.

Not arguing which is worse but that was definitely a 2nd string team , Elneney/Maitland Niles in midfield , no way was it stronger at least I would hope not :lol: than what we put out v Bate on paper at least .

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
In reality Bellerin doesn't add much more offensively than Ainsley does while defensively has been poor in that regard for a while.

Am I understanding you wrong or are you really saying that Bellerin doesn't add much more offensively than the, let's be honest, useless AMN?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Weird, I thought Unai had improved Holding and Bellerin. Guess not.
He has improved both TBF. I just think neither are currently that special. Bellerin has lost a yard or two and imagine how he'll be after this injury!

I was being harsh though. We have absolutely dreadful full backs on both flanks bar Hector.

We need two new starters in the summer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Right a few things on this whole BATE defeat with respect to the Ostersunds defeat.

1. The BATE defeat happened away on their ****hole of a pitch, the Ostersunds one happened at the Emirates on our carpet of a pitch.

2. People talking about how we won the first leg 3-0 as if the second leg isn't still to come in the BATE tie where we could easily win by 3-0+. Or the fact that people are acting as if complacency was ok and that letting Ostersunds go 2-0 up on our own pitch needing only one more goal to level the tie was alright.

3. At least BATE have European pedigree. I mean look at this result from the 12/13 season. https://www.skysports.com/football/bate-borisov-vs-bay-munich/274043 BATE 3 Bayern 1. I mean it was the 2nd of October too so it wasn't like it was the end of the group stages and Bayern were resting all their best players. And this was in the Champions League too, now people are acting as if this BATE side have just come from nowhere. Bayern didn't sack their manager after that defeat, and it's safe to say their season didn't collapse after it either.

Basically the reaction to the defeat, well first leg loss as there's two legs, has been ridiculously over the top and once again there's a lack of perspective on this forum. People just cannot wait to jump in. Acting like it's our worse defeat in 20 years or whatever or even that it's worse than any defeat we suffered under Wenger. Trust me I'd rather that defeat than some of the absolute embarrassing spineless performances we saw under Wenger toward the end of his rain. Last Thursday was merely a combination of a bit of a lack of respect shown to our competitors and the conditions being incredibly tricky while acknowledging that we'd still have the chance to face them on our own patch. If we go on to win the Europa League, and we've as good a chance as any, only the most cynical of Emery Out posters will still look back on the BATE game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom