• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If there ever was a time that required us to put in a big game performance, its this one.

Arsène Wenger's last European tie at home as Arsenal Manager (Surreal no matter how many times I read it).

If we come flying out the docks & actually convert the chances that fall to us, it'll be a comfortable lead we take to Madrid.

Exhibit a hivemind of idiocy in addition to wasting said chances & we're in for an insufferable ride.

Having said that : 3-0 to the Arsenal.

Last edited:

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i really want us to keep a clean. a goal we'll score alright, it's the away goal that'll kills us off.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

These guys aren't playing for themselves in this tie, they're playing for every single player that's played under Arsène. It's up to them to send him out with that European trophy, they can't let their predecessors or the fans down here.

If one player doesn't run 12km in this game they should never play for the club again.

This is the biggest game of their Arsenal careers.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
These guys aren't playing for themselves in this tie, they're playing for every single player that's played under Arséne. It's up to them to send him out with that European trophy, they can't let their predecessors or the fans down here.

If one player doesn't run 12km in this game they should never play for the club again.

This is the biggest game of their Arsenal careers.
Did it look like Mustafi cared about that today?

I honestly fear for this game, our display today was not inspiring to say the least... Had a different team had the chances of West Ham today, we would have been tonked.

With our defence, I can't go into a single game and think we aren't leaking goals. Athletico have some great attackers and an extremely solid midfield. If they manage to bypass our midfield (won't be hard) we are in for a rough one.

These guys may be doing poor in the league, but Simeone will be up for a cup game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should go with Özil welbeck Lacazzete front 3 xhaka wilshere deep and Ramsey higher of the pitch or Ramsey Xhaka in middle in 3-4-3 formation either way we'll struggle against Saul and Koke

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We aren't keeping clean sheet we can't keep clean sheet against teams like Southampton Newcastle and Westham it'll be miracle keeping clean sheet against those guys

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We can win this, we just need all players to be focused and no gifting the ball to them at any point. If we have players being sloppy we'll lose, so its up to all of our players to give their best for the entire game.

Gegen Pressing

I watched the Betis game, and their speed in the final third and their movement, we are going to struggle big time to defend the onslaught.
Can see why they are higher ranked in the table than Real Madrid.

Malky

Established Member
Regardless of what's been posted on Social Media, said in the press or how they've performed this season until now - If these players step on the pitch and don't give this game everything they have then they can all get the **** out this club at the end of the season. It's not just a place in a European final at stake, it's Wenger's last ever European game at the Emirates :(
Make it one for him to be proud of!!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I watched the Betis game, and their speed in the final third and their movement, we are going to struggle big time to defend the onslaught.
Can see why they are higher ranked in the table than Real Madrid.
We’re going to concede, we all know it. The boys have got to go for it from minute one. We need to score a few.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Elneny/Mkhitaryan is a big loss for us, as is Costa for them.

We need to make sure not to give them anything easy centrally outside our box because that is where they will punish us. We need a big shift from Xhaka and Ramsey (I think Ramsey's performance will decide whether we win or not, because he will be the most important player in this tie)

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
As long as our defense and GK don't fvck it up for us...we will win this. I know we'll score goals...it's whether we can contain them.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
They are going to do everything they can to take Xhaka out of the game and disrupt our tempo by preventing him from getting the ball. That means we are going to need somebody else to step up and drop into the right spaces, which is why Elneny is such a big loss because I'm not sure who else is capable of doing it.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing us look to play slightly more direct in the first 45 because I worry about our start if we going to look to put everything through Xhaka in midfield against a team that will be as well drilled as what Atletico will be.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
We need a big shift from Xhaka and Ramsey (I think Ramsey's performance will decide whether we win or not, because he will be the most important player in this tie)

Xhaka is going to be pressed hard and marked tightly whenever we have the ball, can guarantee you that Atletico will have realised how essential he is to our build up play. Xhaka will still be critical to the tie but largely without the ball, he's going to have to muscle up and be a presence at the base of the midfield.

Ramsey is the one that is going to need to step up the most in possession and will need to stay disciplined. Can't have him drifting to high and not looking to receive the ball from the back 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom