• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else switching between:

'they'll give it their all for Wenger' optimism and 'We have been **** all season against any half-decent side and are going to get trashed' ?

Just can't predict what Arsenal we'll get.
Either way at home this season we do well so I'm expecting close game. The problem is away and I'm sure we'll lose we just can't handle it

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Okay, just got confirmation I can watch this at the local pub in the Drakensburg. My crazy uncle who got me hooked on Arsenal years ago will be joining me so I expect to be proper smashed by the full time whistle.
Drakensburg, great name for a town.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Drakensburg, great name for a town.
It isn't a town. It makes the majority of our escarpment and is one of the most well known mountain ranges in the world.

It basically translates to Dragon Mountain, below why.
On the right side of the mountain range in the distance there is what looks like a reptile/lizard/dragon's back...
11.jpg

ANyway, enough derailing. Happy i can watch this.

Hoping for two goals and none conceded.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Okay, just got confirmation I can watch this at the local pub in the Drakensburg. My crazy uncle who got me hooked on Arsenal years ago will be joining me so I expect to be proper smashed by the full time whistle.

Your time zone is pretty similar too, good time to be in the pub :)

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Mkhi not available tomorrow, and ElNenny out till the end of the season.

SHIIIIIIIIIITE.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wenger: "Atletico's strength is they have no weakness".

Well i'm not an expert, lads, but this don't sound too good.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The closest thing they have to a weakness is lack of a long term progressive possession game plan. Give them a lot of the ball and they suffer a little bit. We might actually fare better in the away leg, depending on how this game goes.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
that's why i'd be all for us keeping a clean sheet and hoping to get a goal, no need to go all out and expose ourselves to a deadly counter attack.

probably means welbeck needs to start, we'll need to knock the ball long a lot to him, and hope ramsey/laca latch onto a couple and maybe get an opening or two. can't risk building from the back with xhaka who's scared to receive the ball in front of our 18. after all, we're a team who's easily pressed out of the match by EPL relegation fodder.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mkhi not available tomorrow, and ElNenny out till the end of the season.

SHIIIIIIIIIITE.
Would say 'Wenger luck' but apparently all these people getting ill and injured is all his fault. :lol:

Reactions: A_G

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I really hope our lazy and useless **** show up tomorrow and perform to an acceptable level. If we fail to win this, by a bigger margin of course, we'll struggle to reach the final as the away game will be tough to say the least.

IslingtonBornandbred

Would say 'Wenger luck' but apparently all these people getting ill and injured is all his fault. :lol:

It's football you silly sausage. Elneny is basic, Özil wasn't ill and Mkhi is injured. That's why every team has a physio and medical team my dawg, generally players pick up injuries and little knocks. It's not Wengar luck, it's real life.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Tight 1-1 first half with a struggling Arsenal performance, 3-1 by the whistle with a strong second half. Imposing performances by Özil and Xhaka. Ramsey and Welbeck on the scoresheet. Mustafi and Cech dodgy as ever.

Back three might not be such a stupid idea against two strikers and with Özil drifting centrally it's still basically three down the middle. The wingbacks could be used to expose their usual narrow 4-4-2 shape. Welbeck and Lacazette in tandem attack and stretch the backline, wingbacks provide width to overstretch their narrow setup and create space between the lines, which is exactly where Özil and Ramsey love to pop up.

Edit: Just watched Simeone's presser in the other thread. Two things I take from it. One is that he sees about Özil what a lot of user on here can't, which is that he controls our game very much in that he dictates the speed of attacks based on how he wants to build them: fast, counter attacking mostly through the middle, or does he "linger" on the ball to get more teammates up the field to create more options, especially out on the wing or to provoke movement when we already crowded the opposition half.
And second: Simeone knows this and will target Özil. It's imperative Wele and Laca work their arses off to keep Atleticos backline busy and to get the fullbacks/wingbacks involved to free up space in the centre for Özil. If Arsenal set up to tight, the CBs can target Laca, the RB Welbeck, and so on and they will always have someone spare to attack Mesut. Also, against such an organized team one of the most precious weapons is Ramsey attacking their box from deep.

I actually think our attack can deal with them, it's more about the flukey defense and the clownish keeper. Though, how they perform also hinges on Xhaka, if he can pull off controlling our passing and resisting their press, it'll be an easier game for the backline.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People seriously listing Kolasinac in their starting XI, this is an EL semi-final not a pre-season friendly vs Barnet ffs.

I too hope it's 3 at the back though.

Cech
Chambers Mustafi Koscielny
Bellerin Xhaka Ramsey Monreal
Özil Welbeck
Lacazette​

Reactions: A_G

Ashybashy86

Eleventh place Real Sociedad beat them 3-0 last week, so of course he knows that's false. I'd like to think it's just mind games, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom