• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It was the best possible scenario with them getting a red card after 10 minutes. Playing at home.
I felt the other way around. They stopped thinking about going forward after losing one man and we switched to positional play, which is incredibly predictable and very easy to defend against.
Before Vrsaljko got sent off they looked a lot more vulnerable.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I think it's because people know we're not very good, and not losing at home would be a positive result.
Those people must be thicker then Mustafi then. 0-0 before hand is a good result. Scoring one over there then gives us a massive advantage, 1-1 does **** all for us on the away goals as 2-2 is never going to happen in a month of Sundays.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If we thought this day couldn't get any better with having Mustafi & Koscienly as our main CBs.

Rumours that Mislintat is keen on us getting a 30 year old Sokratis from BVB this summer.

:lol:

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
The other thing is we are really sh*t at acting. Those Atletico guys were rolling around in agony even if we didn't touch them. Absolute masters.

They wouldn't have scored if Welbeck had screamed in agony when he lost the ball, rolled over and over holding his head, then pulled an epileptic fit, before passing out.
Spanish **** are masters at pulling out those dark tricks. Another reason I cannot stand La Liga teams! :mad:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
D1beUMa.png

If we thought this day couldn't get any better with having Mustafi & Koscienly as our main CBs.

Rumours that Mislintat is keen on us getting a 30 year old Sokratis from BVB this summer.

:lol:

There is no surprise. This team has been in decline since Gazidis joined us and Mislintat is just an appointment to do exactly more of the same. Gazidis is insider from Man City and Mislinant is part of the loser gang he is setting up here so we can never win a trophy again.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We're the team with 0 points away from home in 2018.

We almost have no chance to get a positive result in madrid unfortunately. We're no Chelsea :lol:

I mean Chelsea have been pure trash this year, even we’re unbeaten against them ffs.

Trust me we’re right in this tie.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I felt the other way around. They stopped thinking about going forward after losing one man and we switched to positional play, which is incredibly predictable and very easy to defend against.
Before Vrsaljko got sent off they looked a lot more vulnerable.

It doesn't matter .

If you were told before the game that we were going to play 11 against 10. With their coach being sent out too anybody would have signed for it.

We had the the best possible scenario and yet we couldn't get a positive result .

What is it going to be next game. Away from home .playing against 11 players. In a hostile atmosphere when we've been terrible away from home for the whole season?

It was a golden opportunity and we've wasted it .

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I mean Chelsea have been pure trash this year, even we’re unbeaten against them ffs.

Trust me we’re right in this tie.
You follow Athletico so I feel a bit more confident about the away game. But knowing how shambolic our team is, do you honestly see us getting a result against AM? They will be more inclined to attack us and we have shown inept in converting majority of our chances.

Do you honestly think we can outscore them? Only saying that because it would be an actual miracle if we kept a clean sheet.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You follow Athletico so I feel a bit more confident about the away game. But knowing how shambolic our team is, do you honestly see us getting a result against AM? They will be more inclined to attack us and we have shown inept in converting majority of our chances.

Do you honestly think we can outscore them? Only saying that because it would be an actual miracle if we kept a clean sheet.

Atletico’s build up play across the board has been universally bad home and away.

The shackles won’t suddenly come off next week, we need to score which is tough but the overreaction is laughable considering how bang average we’ve (Atletico) been even at home.

Put up with a buffet of set pieces and punts into the channels for AG this year.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Atletico’s build up play across the board has been universally bad home and away.

The shackles won’t suddenly come off next week, we need to score which is tough but the overreaction is laughable considering how bang average we’ve (Atletico) been even at home.

Put up with a buffet of set pieces and punts into the channels for AG this year.

Mate, you don't need build up play if our entire defence gets done by a long ball over the top. No matter how Atleti set up, or how well they express themselves, we will be the masters of our undoing. Atleti will get the first.. we will look even more shaky and they will put a beating on us.

We have seen it so many times it's amazing that people can expect anything different.

HBL

Established Member
The tie isn’t over at all. Chelsea beat Atletico 2-1 away from home, they aren’t anything special. Mkhi should be back, anything can happen.

But the sad thing is, nothing of this has to do with At. Madrid.

I mean we played probably our best football this season today, our best punch the whole season and they still come away with 1-1. The worrying thing is that we could probably play 2 or 3 times better in the second leg and still find a way to **** it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom