• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Valencia | May 2, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I have a ticket for this one so we'd better win.

Finally have the chance to lay the ghost of John Carew to rest. Knocked out by Valencia and his goals in 2001 and 2003.

Whatever team and formation we go with at least one player will be starting that hasn't done enough to merit his place - Iwobi, Mkhi, or Guendouzi. Sadly we are at the bare bones and one of them will have to play. They'd better step up.
John Carew... **** me. They had some good players back then, apart from him. Gigantic sh!thouse.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No Kondogbia / Coq has to be good news with how we have failed in midfield recently.

Seen some suggest they could go 3 at the back as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
But didn’t we get to the semis last season?

You’re referring to newborn baby fans right?
Last season we lost against A.madrid who are levels ahead of us unfortunately we missed thousands of chances in first leg. I think this time we got amazing chance to be in final but all depend on our players if they turn up we'll finish the job early if they play like bunch of c**ts then we going out

remains

That first leg against Madrid last season was such a robbery, we need to make the homeboy advantage count this time around.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I agree but with Ramsey out this is the best we can do. What team would you pick?

It was more about not caring either way which one we play. The wide options are rubbish no matter what. I’d probably go for the 3-4-1-2 because you’re not having to play Auba out of position.

Reactions: A_G

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Could be our last chance of a European final for a couple of decades so we'd better be better than we've been recently.

Anyone needing a ticket give me a shout, got an unexpected spare.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Watch Gabriel score a hat-trick against us, and somehow we manage to win 5-3.

RichWeath

Hi, I know this is the wrong place but hoping the mods will allow me some grace.
I'm driving down from Nottingham for tonight's game as I'm away with work and have never driven to arsenal before.

Can ANYONE please recommend places to park, don't minds walking a bit obviously.

Thanks in advance

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hi, I know this is the wrong place but hoping the mods will allow me some grace.
I'm driving down from Nottingham for tonight's game as I'm away with work and have never driven to arsenal before.

Can ANYONE please recommend places to park, don't minds walking a bit obviously.

Thanks in advance
There are several ad-hoc matchday car parks near the ground managed by third party companies trying to make a quick buck. Sorry mate you’ll have to google for details.

Or park your car a few stops away on one of the train/tube lines then use that to get to the ground. Of course parking near to any station in London can be a mission in itself, but it can be done.

Used to park on roads north side of Finsbury Park years ago. About a 40 min walk? No idea if you still can now.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
An article on Gabriel in The Guardian. This bit annoys me and is one of the reasons he failed here. What the fvck was he doing playing in England and expecting Per & Co to talk to him in Spanish, "they made an effort" Well Gaby, why didn't you make an effort!

Nor did he really learn English. Asked what language they spoke on the pitch, Gabriel laughs. “All of them. I started playing alongside [Laurent] Koscielny or [Per] Mertesacker and they didn’t speak Spanish or Portuguese but they made an effort. Mertesacker was an incredible guy. Koscielny was a bit more reserved, but they both tried. Koscielny would be there shouting ‘derecha, derecha!’ [right, right] at me. Mertesacker would look things up in Spanish to help me. Even the manager spoke some Spanish to me. And there were others like Monreal, Héctor [Bellerín], [Santi] Cazorla, Alexis [Sánchez]. [Mikel] Arteta too. Mesut [Özil] also spoke a little bit of Spanish.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ta-valencia-arsenal-europa-league-diego-costa

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
An article on Gabriel in The Guardian. This bit annoys me and is one of the reasons he failed here. What the fvck was he doing playing in England and expecting Per & Co to talk to him in Spanish, "they made an effort" Well Gaby, why didn't you make an effort!

Nor did he really learn English. Asked what language they spoke on the pitch, Gabriel laughs. “All of them. I started playing alongside [Laurent] Koscielny or [Per] Mertesacker and they didn’t speak Spanish or Portuguese but they made an effort. Mertesacker was an incredible guy. Koscielny was a bit more reserved, but they both tried. Koscielny would be there shouting ‘derecha, derecha!’ [right, right] at me. Mertesacker would look things up in Spanish to help me. Even the manager spoke some Spanish to me. And there were others like Monreal, Héctor [Bellerín], [Santi] Cazorla, Alexis [Sánchez]. [Mikel] Arteta too. Mesut [Özil] also spoke a little bit of Spanish.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ta-valencia-arsenal-europa-league-diego-costa

All he would’ve needed was a basic grasp of some English. He was with us for almost three years. ****ing joke.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Thanks in advance

My advice would be to park away from the ground at one of the link towns, I can recommend Knebworth or Arlesey stations, Knebworth has a road next to it which is free to park.

Then get a train into Finsbury Park from the station. These towns may seem far from the ground but the train will take you right in and save you a lot of hassle with parking and driving into London.

Whatever you pay in train fare I imagine will be similar to parking fee, its about a 30min train journey from these places, parking around the ground will be difficult.

If you need to know exactly where to park hit me up and I will send you the name of the road where it is free if you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom