<

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Valencia | May 2, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Apr 30, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed May 2, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

66.0%
  2. 0-0

3.8%
  3. Score Draw

18.9%
  4. Valencia Win

11.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Not surprised you are now sticking up for someone with 1488 in their name, racist.

Toby Andrl and American_Gooner like this.
  2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

What are the ladies like?

3. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

We're going to win 7-0 in Spain.

4. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

I wouldn't be able to handle it if the Chavs pipped us to fourth place then proceeded to win the final against us. Hope Frankfurt do them in.

5. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Didn't know what it referred to so googled it. Maybe Jury isn't so bad:lol:.

American_Gooner and Artisan like this.
  6. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I was last there when I was 17 years tbf. Germans are basically English anyway.

7. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Wait, isn't that some white supremacist/Hitler code? We have somebody who took that as a name? Should be banned.

8. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

After the initial cock-up this result was the least we needed to have a fair chance to get to the final. Valencia were unimpressive, no better than Napoli. Nearly gifted them the tie, if they'd gone 0-2 up....

But they didn't and to be honest we could have scored five or six. If they score first and early it will be a nervy evening but if we score first it's game over.

Don't know which Arsenal will turn up in the final if we make it there but we definitely can win it. Will we win it is another matter altogether.

asukru, Dj_sds - and Bergkamp1988 like this.
  9. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

Looking at the chances our defense gave them, this is more of they ****ing up. They could have gone 3-0 up within 10 minutes.... oh well, football is like that

10. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

You must watch ty booth on YouTube lol he is funny

Jury likes this.
  11. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Well-Known Member

I think we really need some good quality wingers. Some of our play just looks so uninspiring at the moment. I wish we looked a bit more dynamic and exciting

Either way it's a good result. I think that the third was needed very badly and in was so glad we got it

Dj_sds - likes this.
  12. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

The third goal could be proven vital next week, but men we make live difficult for ourselfs we were all over the place the first 15 minutes hope wel learn from that.

Valencia will come we will have space to counter on that.

13. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

When I order trainers online they always get scanned in at Frankfurt along way, so that’s the best thing for me. It’s something. @jones is a big fan, I think. I’m sure he could tell us where to go for the highest grade heroin and cheapest brothels.

14. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Considering our away form, I would not count this one as won yet....

Rain Dance, kopzilla and Sapient Hawk like this.
  15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Let the guys on this forum tell you and it’s some 17 year old in our academy that’s been scoring against 12 year olds. We don’t need a new winger next season cos we got Smith-Rowe and Saka!

16. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Valencia 2-0 and we're out, stop tallking about finals

SA Gunner and Toby Andrl like this.
  17. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

:lol: When your luck’s so bad on the betting front, you may as well use it to curse teams you hate.

Rain Dance and GDeep™ like this.
  18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

sad to see this still happening

Makingtrax likes this.
  19. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Wow that is shocking. Hope it continued outside and they got a good hiding.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

Man was I ever nervous after they scored the first but the boys showed fight and you could see they really wanted to prove themselves. For some reason I feel we play better against opposition that is classified as "higher tier teams" teams in the "top level" mind you because we actually take them seriously and have tactics in place. Still nervous about the away tie but I believe in us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.