<

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Valencia (1) v Arsenal (3) | May 9, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, May 5, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed May 9, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win and Go Through

21.3%
  2. Draw

26.7%
  3. Valencia Win but Lose on Aggregate

20.0%
  4. Valencia Win and Go Through

32.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

They should be able if they chose that venue. They talk all the bullshit about "no racism" and then let this kind of things happen.

Basically they will lose face totally about it if they cannot get Mkhi to participate.

2. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Need more Simpsons gifs on here to be honest

DanDare and SomGooner like this.
  3. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

This sh!t will never happen in Africa.

African people don’t mix politics with sports. Two countries could be beefing but if one of them has a superstar, the other nation will root for him just as hard as his own nation. That’s how we get down in the greatest continent on the planet.

All politicians should be dumped in the desert with no water or food.

4. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

It's a shocking choice of venue to be honest. The fact that certain nationalities aren't safe to travel there should automatically discount a country from hosting such an event.

ptrcopp, SomGooner, Camron and 2 others like this.
  5. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

This exactly. Their choice of venue says they don't care so much about racism as they say.

ptrcopp and SomGooner like this.
  6. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Accept it.

SomGooner likes this.
  7. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Need to do the sensible thing and change stadium. Preferably somewhere closer to home.

say yes and SomGooner like this.
  8. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

We would’ve done so by now, don’t you think? May herself is as confused as the rest of us.

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I read up on some of the recent tensions, Armenian hatred is widespread there.

In the 2000’s an Armenian solider was taking part in a NATO peace program in Hungary with soldiers from all over the world. He was murdered in his sleep with an axe by an Azerbaijani participant. He made it clear in his trial it was an ethnic killing. He got sentenced to life in Hungary but got extradited back to Azerbaijan to serve the rest of his sentence.

However when he got back to the country, he received a hero’s welcome at the airport, was pardoned on the spot by the president and promoted from private to major.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramil_Safarov#Budapest_murder

F*ck Azerbaijan and f*ck UEFA.

Manberg, drippin, say yes and 2 others like this.
  10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

lool all this trouble for the fans, for what?

11. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

It would be lovely to think that we could join forces with Chelsea and fight against this madness (the Russians tend to favour the Armenians in this dispute) but can't see it happening. I would hope that at least the two clubs will discuss it and come out with a joint statement.

12. Rex Banter

Also they’ve stuck it on a Wednesday night as well.

The CL final is on a Saturday but any fans going to Baku have to take almost a full week off work and fly via connection to Asia ffs.

13. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Having said that, will we all mind very much if we win it?

14. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

It's disgraceful :lol:

Looking at the map it's well out the way for most clubs from various countries that realistically had chance of making the final yet uefa go with such a daft location.

Rex Banter and drippin like this.
  15. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I watched the game this morning, a pretty nervous start especially after we conceded the 1st goal, after we scored ours though it looked like we just took control then. Auba & Laca both had absolutely top class performances, we need them big time to show their best against Chelsea.

Anyway, I was going to ask, anyone know what is going to happen between Mkhitaryan & the issue with Azerbaijan? If he is not allowed because of this stupid dispute it is just absolutely bull****. If Chelsea want a fair GF they would help us get him across wouldn't they? If they take advantage of it then they are disgraceful Chelsea,

16. Rex Banter

I’m not going there so it doesn’t affect me, but if I did go I’d have to go on a 6,000 mile round trip to a country with such a dire human rights record in the middle of the working week with no direct flights from London.

say yes likes this.
  17. fransgooner

fransgooner Well-Known Member

Had this show when checking lineups this morning.
    Agents Coquelin and Paulista.

[​IMG]

American_Gooner likes this.
  18. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

Nah. Embrace the moment. The agony and the ecstasy. It's all we can do as fans/supporters.

"...So when the world knocks at your front door
    Clutch the knob tightly and open on up
    And run forward and far into its widespread, greeting arms
    With your hands outstretched before you
    Fingertips trembling, though they may be"
    -Anis Mojgani

Aevi likes this.
  19. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Yeah I know, I'm thinking of doing it if I can get the tickets.

What's outrageous is that given all the nonsense with climate extinction and all that crap this doesn't seem to have become a media issue. Does someone know how to start a petition?

Rex Banter likes this.
  20. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Cause Cech is playing Europe games, Leno PL. simple as

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.