• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Vitória S.C. vs Arsenal | Wednesday November 6 KO: 15:50 GMT | BT Sport 2

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

It sort of nails home how far we have fallen that we are playing at 3:30 in the ****ing afternoon in a European game ffs.

It depressing it's because the likes of these games are not allowed to be on at the same time as the CL, wouldn't want to tarnish the CL with this trash.

Ewarwoowar

I shan't get to watch this one, I fancy us to do better against them than last match, now we know what they're about.

Given the choice I'd prefer to watch this game over the foxes, because we most likely park the bus v foxes a la Liverpool with the same consequence, playing too too deep with a total disconnect between our 2 attackers and 9 defenders a nice Sunday stroll on Saturday for them without getting out of 2nd gear.

V Vittoria - 1 - 2 Martinelli and Pepe.

ps- don't mess with my too too

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It sort of nails home how far we have fallen that we are playing at 3:30 in the ****ing afternoon in a European game ffs.

It depressing it's because the likes of these games are not allowed to be on at the same time as the CL, wouldn't want to tarnish the CL with this trash.
The CL anthem gave me chills last night. It's been a few years since I saw our players lining up to it. Jealous as ****.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Bellerin is back fully fit now, why can't Emery now have Bellerin starting as the 1st choice rb instead of Chambers now? If he prefers Chambers over Bellerin in the PL games it just makes zero sense to me, he has never played our full strength team all year in one game yet. Bellerin is so much better then Chambers.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don't always agree with the way Emery uses the squad but on this occasion I don't see much wrong with this.

Holding is included. Chambers is currently first choice RB and he has been playing at least once a week for a long while now, he isn't short of match fitness so it makes sense he isn't included here.

Özil might lack a bit of match fitness but you have to consider he was involved in 2 games in the space of 3 days. Presumably he will be involved against Leicester. If he was also included here, he would have been involved in 4 games in 11 days. Considering he wasn't even included in the squad for 2 months, playing that many games in such short time is almost asking for injury.

The inclusion of Guendouzi is the only one I don't agree with. Seems like he is already being over played. Should have included Xhaka instead of him.
Fair points. I missed Holding! He will hopefully start as he's looked awfully rusty. I'm all for taking care reintergrating players but Emery has dropped the ball on giving some a competitive 20 minutes here and there to speed up match fitness of so w players. Özil has been missed completely. Left in the boot for two months and then overplayed in ten days! Shocking stuff tbh. Guendouzi is undroppable and has been overplayed but hopefully Willock and co can do enough to see him enjoy the bench tonight.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Özil isn't even in the travelling squad, hopefully this means he's being rested & back in the PL matches now. I don't know about Guendouzi, I like him, good player but I think he is being over played way too much, it seems he has played just about every single game this year. He's only young around 20, he needs to be rested every now & then.

Let's play Aubamawang

This while battle of wills with Özil has gotten way out of hand. So he doesn't play the way Emery wants? Does the way Emery wants to play include less shots than CP, Burnley and Wolves? At this point it seems clear that Emery's tactic is setting the team up to fail. It's about time he tried something different. Maybe a 5 man midfield, God knows we could use the reinforcement there.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully we play the strongest team available.

With the manager under pressure, them pushing us at home & the early Wednesday kickoff no need for rotation.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No beef with that then.

Another uncomfortable victory. This is almost a no-win, anything short of 0-3 will allow the debate over our decline to continue. End of the day 3 points probably wins the group.

The debate will continue regardless.

The only thing you can guarantee is discomfort. Even when we won 0-3 against Frankfurt, they had something like 20 shots on goal and our last couple of goals were when they were down to 10 men.

He may sometimes get results but we are simply not geared to play with any sort of control under Emery.

HBL

Established Member
If Pepe doesn't play, that will be 1 start in the last 2 and a half weeks. What is Emery even trying to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom