• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We may be shipping more chances than I'd be happy with but Emery has got this team playing. He has to take massive credit in fact all the credit for what weve seen so far. Im fairly confident in saying i dont think we would be on this winning streak in recent years under Wenger.

Of course the Liverpool game will be a litmus test for us and him but its been great to see us winning games that on paper we should be winning.
He needs better CB material and a new LB. Can't wait to see our next few windows.

Oh-Zeal

The tempo in possession is so important. Guendouzi keeps it moving. Iwobi's close control and trickery. Lacazette's build up play and work rate. Bellerins by line crosses. Aubameyang on the blind side with darting runs (looks comfortable taking players on too). Özil finding space and knitting it. Ah man Arsenal!!

These pundits keep saying we 5th at best and just ruining what's happening at the camp. There's a good vibe at the moment and the momentum is good. We definitely finishing above Sp**s!!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Feel like I'm saying it every game, but his in game management is superb.. Masterstroke to get Guendouzi in the middle and Xhaka at lb,(I was scratching my head at first lol).

I also thought wtf, 'cause I would have gone for a more vertical player in Ramsey to create another hub of goal threat and someone to occupy CBs for Lacazette as it looked like that was more the problem than actually progressing the ball up field, which is why I would have taken Xhaka off.

But placing a left footer at leftback in Xhaka and then basically replacing Xhaka 1 to 1 with Guendouzi while adding goal threat in the form of Aubameyang already did the trick, another vertical players wasn't needed to unlock them and we kept control and balance.

Mesut having a superb day probably did a lot of good here, too, as I could see with a lesser Mesut and a more fierce defending side than Leicester Guendouzi could prove too conservative in such a situation. But today keeping everything exactly as it was and just adding more smoothness to the left with a leftie and another striker was just the right decision.

I'm actually quite impressed by this slight but analytical and decisive adjustment by Emery. You could feel we had Leicester on the ropes in the second half (very impressed with the attacking movement today by everyone, including Bellerin - seemed very structured, fluid and deliberate, and was just too much for LCFC) and were just lacking the goals. Some managers would have gone for the all out attacking approach and thus maybe offsetting the balance and changing too much to how the team was playing, but he did just these two little adjustments and it paid off perfectly.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Pleased with Emery, brave to do those interviews in English even if I sometimes don't get everything he's saying. Wish he'd have stuck to Spanish for a few months!

I'm not going to join the pundit bandwagon but delightful as our second-halfs are I can't help feeling that our dozy first-halfs are going to cost us pints sooner rather than later.

Some big games in November and early December. We'll need to cut down on the chances we give other teams when we play the big boys. Holding gets a penalty against and sent off today or that header off the crossbar goes in and we might not be cheering tonight.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I also thought wtf, 'cause I would have gone for a more vertical player in Ramsey to create another hub of goal threat and someone to occupy CBs for Lacazette as it looked like that was more the problem than actually progressing the ball up field, which is why I would have taken Xhaka off.

But placing a left footer at leftback in Xhaka and then basically replacing Xhaka 1 to 1 with Guendouzi while adding goal threat in the form of Aubameyang already did the trick, another vertical players wasn't needed to unlock them and we kept control and balance.

Mesut having a superb day probably did a lot of good here, too, as I could see with a lesser Mesut and a more fierce defending side than Leicester Guendouzi could prove too conservative in such a situation. But today keeping everything exactly as it was and just adding more smoothness to the left with a leftie and another striker was just the right decision.

I'm actually quite impressed by this slight but analytical and decisive adjustment by Emery. You could feel we had Leicester on the ropes in the second half (very impressed with the attacking movement today by everyone, including Bellerin - seemed very structured, fluid and deliberate, and was just too much for LCFC) and were just lacking the goals. Some managers would have gone for the all out attacking approach and thus maybe offsetting the balance and changing too much to how the team was playing, but he did just these two little adjustments and it paid off perfectly.
His in-game management and reading of the game is insane.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I just read in press conference he said Özil ans ramsey can't start together sometimes maybe that the reason we aren't keeping Ramsey
I listened to the press conference but I never took notice when he said that, I missed it obviously. Do you know why he said that, did he state a reason?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I listened to the press conference but I never took notice when he said that, I missed it obviously. Do you know why he said that, did he state a reason?
Id imagine he didnt but could i think having both can be a defensive liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom