• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

5md8onm4hki31.png

Interesting, we've played worse in all our three games compared to last season despite improving the squad.

Yeah we played far worse yesterday than we played in the 5-1 defeat. :lol:

It's important for some people to remember that football isn't played on Microsoft Excel

Tir Na Nog

Aubameyang probably should have scored his chance when Adrian gave the ball away but xG probably has it a low % chance or whatever. Then Pepe almost put on in the top corner, again according to xG it's not a great chance.

I'm always wary of people who use xG like it's gospel. Almost as bad as that pass map trend which seems to be a little less popular now, thank god.

Tir Na Nog

Liverpool being more clinical last season doesn't mean that we played better this season, they created more and we defended worse in this fixture.

We were absolutely shambolic in the game last season, we literally conceded 3 goals in a very short period of time and then proceeded to give away 2 stupid penalties as well as create next to nothing.

Yesterday we had 2 excellent goal-scoring chances, defend well for almost an entire half until Matip got some space from a set-piece before the Luiz thing happened and then a good counter.

If you cannot see that yesterday was an improvement then I don't know what to tell you.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Aubameyang probably should have scored his chance when Adrian gave the ball away but xG probably has it a low % chance or whatever. Then Pepe almost put on in the top corner, again according to xG it's not a great chance.

I'm always wary of people who use xG like it's gospel. Almost as bad as that pass map trend which seems to be a little less popular now, thank god.
Last season xG predicted that our winning run wouldn't last and it didn't despite people doubting it, like you right now. I think I'll trust the numbers this time.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We were absolutely shambolic in the game last season, we literally conceded 3 goals in a very short period of time and then proceeded to give away 2 stupid penalties as well as create next to nothing.

Yesterday we had 2 excellent goal-scoring chances, defend well for almost an entire half until Matip got some space from a set-piece before the Luiz thing happened and then a good counter.

If you cannot see that yesterday was an improvement then I don't know what to tell you.
Liverpool could've easily scored more in this fixture, they missed way more chances we had. That doesn't mean that our performance was better, just because they finished worse.

Tir Na Nog

Liverpool could've easily scored more in this fixture, they missed way more chances we had. That doesn't mean that our performance was better, just because they finished worse.

It literally was better tho. You're probably the only person on the planet who thinks our performance last season was better just because a few numbers told you.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It literally was better tho. You're probably the only person on the planet who thinks our performance last season was better just because a few numbers told you.
The numbers literally say it wasn't a better performance. You just want to believe that it was better because Liverpool managed to finish more of their chances last year (which is completely out of our hands and doesn't say anything about us).

ASIF

Tried to fit in Xhaka without removing any of the mid fielder from last game and still ended up playing Aubameyang far away from the goal.I dont hate him but I dont understand him.Liverpool literally had us pegged back near our penalty box and everytime we won the ball we gave it right back with almost no out let except pepe and to n extend Aubameyang.As much as I wanted wenger gone but we never played like this under him in 20 years.

Hexagon9

No worries mate. I apologize if I was harsh as well. Ultimately we might not agree on how we go about it but I think we all just want the club to do well so that's really what matters. No hard feelings.

Couldn’t have put it better.:lol:

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Watched the game again, just as pissed as yesterday, Emery is a massive fraud, Arsenal is just to big of an ask for him, he showed up to the job with a fake CV now he is being found wanting,

He is disguising his lack of tactical nuance or knowledge of our players by chopping and changing things, being pragmatic is just a reaction from him to maintain his position,

For all his animated antics on the sidelines it means naught if you don't know what your doing, We definitely need to be making plans without him because I don't believe Raul and co. Will put up with it for long.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
5md8onm4hki31.png

Interesting, we've played worse in all our three games compared to last season despite improving the squad.

Interesting, matchday 3 and 3rd in the table this season vs 9th last season. PLUS away fixture against our bogey team(C) out of the way.

Keplaz

I like Emery but I'm getting increasingly worried about our lack of identity. Whilst I understand we'd become predictable unde Arsène, and somewhat stale, we had a way of playing, which was distinctly us, win or lose.

You can't have this chimera with no name, that we have at the moment, and be successful. It doesn't work long term. Maybe at the moment he's hamstrung by injuries to our starting fullbacks and is adapting to the situation.

So I'll give him more time before judging him but I'm starting to lose faith. We need to impose ourselves on games and not have to adapt every time.

Toast

Established Member

xG needs to be taken with a massive pinch of salt. The Auba chance you note is a good example. Understat has it as an xG of 0.02, which is lower than most of Liverpool's shots from outside the box. I get how they arrive at that figure, but it's clearly skewed. By comparison, Luiz' injury time freekick into the stand has an xG of 0.05. Since all context is stripped (e.g. whether the keeper is in goal or not) you get weirdly skewed figures like this.

Iceman10

Established Member
I have an open mind regarding Emery in general, this season is make or break, and I do think some are not thinking straight when they just keep going on about replacing managers for a "top one" when there really are not that many obvious options out there comparable, in my estimation, to Klopp. Just look at where United have gone with their managers in recent years, for example (a mess).

Emery's tactics and selection were borderline, not going to go through that all again. Obviously we do not yet have a full match-up with Liverpool man for man, so no matter what Emery decided there would have been a gamble, and we were competitive up until Liverpool scoring from a set-piece.

That all out of the way for a little context, just wanted to say I saw an AFTV video with Claude after the game where Claude was ranting at Emery, and I have to say that screed was basically ignorant (Claude calling Emery a clown). If someone else wants to put that video up they can, I'm not going to do so, but it was a disgrace as far as AFTV is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom