• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are funny Hydro. I genuinely can't work out where you stand.

Still, we don't need to go overboard. After the end of this season we will know If emery is capable of taking us forward. It would be pointless to give him 2 more years if it was clear by the end of this season he isn't the right man for us.

I know it is frustrating, believe me. I want to sack him every day.

But we haven't even given him a good center backs to work with yet. Last season and this season should be a complete write off no matter what happens this season IMO and lets give Emery a complete squad next summer and see what he can do.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Goes both ways. The length some go to defend every move of his is just as embarrassing.

We did alright vs Pool. If we implement similar tactics in away games going forward I think we'll better than recent years, especially with our new signings.

However I still understand people wanting more or to do things differently. Mentioning Liverpool are CL winners, 97 points, blabla, is incredibly boring, and doesn't help the debate one bit.

If we play like that v City they will dissect us in 20 mins . Liverpool lack that technical nous that City possess . Don't know why people insist Liverpool are the best team in Europe when City still edge them .

Chaoz_Enigma

I know it is frustrating, believe me. I want to sack him every day.

But we haven't even given him a good center backs to work with yet. Last season and this season should be a complete write off no matter what happens this season IMO and lets give Emery a complete squad next summer and see what he can do.

Spot on. I think next summer is going to be good. Lets just say this season is not exactly going to be our season and I think alot of people realised it after the Liverpool game. However give the manager this season to gel the team and lets hope that it will be enough next season.

Chaoz_Enigma

If we play like that v City they will dissect us in 20 mins . Liverpool lack that technical nous that City possess . Don't know why people insist Liverpool are the best team in Europe when City still edge them .

City likes to play attacks more through the middle whereas Liverpool are just wide wings technical merchants. Our low block narrow diamond invites crosses and betting on overloaded centre to nullify the crosses which was successful to a certain extend up until the individual mistakes.... City on the other hand, they are more well rounded in attacking perspective and to be honest I dont even have a single clue what is the best method with our curent squad to contain them. We certainly cant outpress them nor can we out-tikitaka them. May be play more wide crosses (back 3?) and overload the flanks? If we use the diamond, our full backs wont be able to push at all and we have to contest for central supremacy with city which we are simply not there yet.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The guy set the lads up for failure. They had no clue how they were meant to be playing and who they were meant to be marking. In the end though he could have edged it had our strikers taken those chances and we would have called him a genius.
Every game/result has a story. Best just to say 'we lost', and move on. We'll play **** and win sometimes too... Will you care?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The first points lost due to our inept manager, didn’t take long did it.

First poor team selection with a garbage midfield and goes on to compound that by bringing on a player that has no business in a league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom