• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

Yet another game won after a tactical masterclass from Emery.
Putting Xhaka at left back is brave and worked out really well. If it was Pep doing this the pundit would be creaming themselves!

His ability to change things up, make the right subs early on and willingsness to bench/sub star players is amazing and so different to Wenger.

There is certainly no one better we could have gotten in the summer. Hes miles ahead of Arteta etc. and much better than Sarri, Jardim and Allegri. Fantastic business by the club, I must say.

The one thing Im still a bit uncertain about is our slow starts. It has worked out so far but I fear that we could be down by 2/3 goals very quickly against Liverpool, however I am sure Unai is working on it!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
skysports-arsenal-unai-emery_4461455.jpg

We are still letting teams get at us too easily and that's why I keep banging on about being too light midfield. If it wasn't for Torreira we'd be in serious trouble. Our attack has been clinical so we are getting away with it but we are still very much work in progress and have a lot of improving to do defensively.

Stannis

Calm down. :lol::lol: Ten games into the season isn't enough to decide between some like Emery, Allegri and Jardim, Sarri fair enough, he's won nothing yet. I'd still have Allegri ahead of Emery, but let's just say it's debatable, saying Emery is much better is taking the piss.

I wanted allegri as well, but Emery is comparatively more suited to our style. Allegri isnt Simeone but plenty of Juve fans cus him for being overly negative given what he has

Giroud12

Calm down. :lol::lol: Ten games into the season isn't enough to decide between some like Emery, Allegri and Jardim, Sarri fair enough, he's won nothing yet. I'd still have Allegri ahead of Emery, but let's just say it's debatable, saying Emery is much better is taking the piss.

Well Id much rather have Emery than the boring football of Allegri.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I wanted allegri as well, but Emery is comparatively more suited to our style. Allegri isnt Simeone but plenty of Juve fans cus him for being overly negative given what he has

At hindsight Emery was the best fit by far, agree. It's not just the fact that he is the most attacking and fight-happy out of the names we were discussing back then, it's also that he isn't a style manager which probably helped in us hitting the ground running, it's that he is one of the most modern in the business which was needed following Wenger's antiquated methods, it's his top ability in man-management which was also needed considering we weren't getting the best out of our squad...

But all these things are different to saying that he is better than Allegri. I don't think he is, personally, no shame in that either, a case can be made that Allegri is the best in the business right now. Don't find his football boring, if I'm asked.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One thing I like about Emery is that he understands the difference between empathy and sympathy. He seems to have come up with a way of making everyone feel important and united without giving anyone special treatment.

I thought we were bringing in a tactical, methodical coach, but above all else, this guy seems to be a great leader.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Pep, Zidane?

Pep is a good shout too, yes. I think it's between him and Allegri, I don't rate others as much. Zidane I would say no, let's wait and see what he does next, I think it's more his squads that threepeated it for him.

Giroud12

Pep is a good shout too, yes. I think it's between him and Allegri, I don't rate others as much. Zidane I would say no, let's wait and see what he does next, I think it's more his squads that threepeated it for him.

I agree that his squad made it easier, but three CL titles is hard to overlook...

Some thoughts on Emery.

- Counter attacking football is back! It's ironic that the way we play now looks much more like Wengerball circa 2003, than what we played under Wenger lately. We truly move the ball with purpose, and no longer am I bored to sleep watching our endless side passing.

- I love how he explicitly mentioned that we're not just going to play attacking football with short passes under any condition, and that we should be comfortable playing with different styles depending on the situation. Adaptability and appropriate tactics really are the key if we want to be able to beat any team, and Emery obviously knows that.

- I'm especially thrilled with how seriously he's taking all of the competitions we're in. We're in this game to win trophies, and I'd much rather have a fourth place and a trophy than a trophyless season with a second place finish. Of course, we should always know our priorities, but that doesn't mean we should use Europa League or League Cup as a place for youngsters to gain experience. Loans should be used for that purpose, and if we decide to field any youngsters in those competitions, it should only be under the condition that they really deserve to be there.

Impressive winning 10 in row when coaches are still speaking in Spanish in training. Maybe we should change the official language of the club to Spanish.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
He appears to have taught Welbinh0 how to shoot....

What next? Is he going to turn Jenks into Cafu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom