• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can't believe I'm wishing we've been bought by Usmanov. :lol:

As @squallman said, in order to make money we have to invest.
The longer we go without winning any major titles or making it to the CL, the less money the owner will make in the long run.

It doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint.
Liverpool and Sp**s have shown that you don’t need an oligarch with really good Chief Executive and business model.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Some of that placing is down to the ridiculous value of London assets, like the stadium and training facilities etc. What matters most is cash in the bank and for some inexplicable reasons those sums have never been released.

Excuse me? They are released every year per UK statutory reporting requirements. You can go to the Arsenal website and download the audited financial statements for yourself.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Liverpool and Sp**s have shown that you don’t need an oligarch with really good Chief Executive and business model.

It's not even about him putting his money into the club but at least it was like he cared about making this club a more successful one whereas Kroenke doesn't care at all.

Some of that placing is down to the ridiculous value of London assets, like the stadium and training facilities etc. What matters most is cash in the bank and for some inexplicable reasons those sums have never been released.

For years there were reports we had one of the biggest amount of available cash in Europe sitting in the bank.
Where has it gone?

I don't remember who in the board told us we could afford any player in the world except Messi & Ronaldo and now we have to rely on loans to strengten the squad?

I'm not expecting us to match Man Utd City spending sprees but I can't believe we don't have any funds to invest in the squad right now.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Excuse me? They are released every year per UK statutory reporting requirements. You can go to the Arsenal website and download the audited financial statements for yourself.
Have done that numerous times and read Swiss Ramble’s accounts. We appear to have capital in the bank that is not released for spending, or earmarked for other things, is what I meant.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don’t get some of the arguments on here like give Emery 3 more windows to make this his team. I thought our new structure is all about multiple long-term Arsenal employees such as Sven building a squad that will be able to compete? The manager has a vote, but not the final say? Did we not sign Emery because he was so impressively informed about each and every one of our players and had a plan for them? Only now he doesn’t play our two best attackers in Laca and Auba together and our highest paid most talented player in Mesut is left out for “tactical reasons”?

No way in hell will we allow managers to come in here like they do at other clubs, spend 500M and fail, only to do it all over again with the next manager. We simply cannot do it, so we either find the next Arsène Wenger that will stay here for 20 years or we move squad building out of the hands of managers. What was Emery’s official title again?

I think we will see Laca, Auba and Mesut playing together soon and firing on all fronts or Emery will be shown the door. These three together represent a large share of our squad value and direct future and we simply cannot allow them to fail in the next few years.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Have done that numerous times and read Swiss Ramble’s accounts. We appear to have capital in the bank that is not released for spending, or earmarked for other things.

Ah, gotcha. If that money is being withheld for other purposes, then yes we absolutely won't know.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just thinking how many players did we sign after announcing Emery? I think only one but feel free to correct me.

I think everyone accepts we are in a process and Emery has bought into that with a vision of the players and where he sees them going. The problem is he potentially bull ****ted in the interview just like we've all done to get the job.

razörist

Just thinking how many players did we sign after announcing Emery? I think only one but feel free to correct me.

I think everyone accepts we are in a process and Emery has bought into that with a vision of the players and where he sees them going. The problem is he potentially bull ****ted in the interview just like we've all done to get the job.
Hahahhaha I really laughed because of your bullshitted in the interview comment. The scenes. But it’s so true.

I had a job interview a few years ago at one of the big four accounting firms. I passed all the stages and the tests and all that was left was an interview with the recruiter and a partner. Both of them were women. Everything went well and we were almost at the end of the interview when the partner asked me if I had any concerns or questions. I had this cup in front of me that said something like “what would you do to improve the company” I don’t quite remember. But right then and there I just winged it and I came up with an article I read about the company about women in the work place and some statistics about how many female partners there were and that my biggest ambition was to have an equal amount of women as men in the top positions and how we should change the work culture to nurture a women friendly environment... honestly complete bullshit I never thought of it before. And they both were looking at me like, did you prepare that? And I said, how could I know what you guys put on the cups? And they were thoroughly impressed, called me two hours later to tell me they wanted to hire me. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Too much? :lol:
I can't remember a club sacking a manager over the treatment of one or two players. Even at Chelsea, when Mourinho marginalised Mata and Torres even though the owner was a fan of them, they gave him an opportunity to show that his judgement was correct. Even if Oscar wasn't as talented as the guy he replaced, he gave the team a better balance and they won the league.

Unless the team nosedives results wise, Emery should get a similar chance to build a team before we judge whether he's right or wrong in this instance.

razörist

I can't remember a club sacking a manager over the treatment of one or two players. Even at Chelsea, when Mourinho marginalised Mata and Torres even though the owner was a fan of them, they gave him an opportunity to show that his judgement was correct. Even if Oscar wasn't as talented as the guy he replaced, he gave the team a better balance and they won the league.

Unless the team nosedives results wise, Emery should get a similar chance to build a team before we judge whether he's right or wrong in this instance.
That is very true. Even Mourinho had to piss off almost every United player and get bad results before they sacked him.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Hahahhaha I really laughed because of your bullshitted in the interview comment. The scenes. But it’s so true.

I had a job interview a few years ago at one of the big four accounting firms. I passed all the stages and the tests and all that was left was an interview with the recruiter and a partner. Both of them were women. Everything went well and we were almost at the end of the interview when the partner asked me if I had any concerns or questions. I had this cup in front of me that said something like “what would you do to improve the company” I don’t quite remember. But right then and there I just winged it and I came up with an article I read about the company about women in the work place and some statistics about how many female partners there were and that my biggest ambition was to have an equal amount of women as men in the top positions and how we should change the work culture to nurture a women friendly environment... honestly complete bullshit I never thought of it before. And they both were looking at me like, did you prepare that? And I said, how could I know what you guys put on the cups? And they were thoroughly impressed, called me two hours later to tell me they wanted to hire me. :lol:
Now I know you’re a woman, that explains a lot. ;)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Think people are being unrealistic. At the end of the day Emery was an outsider forming opinions in the players. Can’t expect him to have got it all right without seeing the players in training and out on the pitch putting his tactics into effect.

Reactions: A_G

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Scanned a few pages and to sum up;

Emery will need 5 years to build a squad yet will probably be sacked before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom