• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nothing wrong with Ramsey wanting to go to Juventus, we were declining when he left us anyway and he had a great time here...plus it gives him a chance to win the Champions League.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
How so? Playing Özil to "look bad", AMN having to see a psychologist because Emery played him in defence despite Wenger doing the same? If people put their hatred of Emery aside, it sounds ridiculous.
FFS Emery used a psychologist to choose his method of picking a captain, I totally believe him sending AMN to a psychologist to get him to accept his role as a defender. IF AMN saw a Psych for that reason, he was most likely sent by Emery. As for playing Özil with the kids to humiliate him, well... if that sounds unbelievable to you, then I would look again at the events of the past months if I were you.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
And Raul made the right choice, cause we can't afford to pay Ramsey 300k per week. Nor is he worth that much looking at how much injury problems he has in Juve. The problem was that we should have come to that conclusion a long time ago and done more to sell him while we could have.
Yeah, I can understand not wanting him on such wages, especially as Raul is trying to offload the Özil wages.

As you say though, should’ve been sorted out earlier to enable a sale.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nothing wrong with Ramsey wanting to go to Juventus, we were declining when he left us anyway and he had a great time here...plus it gives him a chance to win the Champions League.
He had to move, as the Arsenal contract was removed.

Riou

He had to move, as the Arsenal contract was removed.

If we wanted Ramsey to stay, and he wanted to stay...they would have come to terms on wages, have bonuses in there or something...Raul and co deserved to get the boot for not sacking Emery at this stage, think Ramsey just had a better offer from a better team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Raul done it because he didn’t want Ramsey on 300K a week at Arsenal, on top of Özil.

Wenger and Ornstein have both said he wanted to stay, was even willing to take less than what he was asking, but a contract was taken off the table. It’s not up for debate he was pushed out.

Obviously there was contact with clubs for probably a year before he left, apparently Barca and PSG were interested too. Like Auba now, might or might not extend here, but other clubs and agents are probably talking to him now.

Ramsey apparently wanted parity with Mkhitaryan on about 150k.

Banter right out the gate from this new head team.

Riou

How can people believe that Aaron Ramsey, our best midfielder last season, walked into the office in 2018 and said he would take a £150,000 deal...only for Raul to say no to Aaron’s very reasonable demand, then for Juventus to randomly chuck a Poke ball at him to catch him in the summer.

It’s like when Van Persie said on BT that we wanted him sold in 2012, or Hulk Hogan saying he only used his creative control to change one match outcome in his entire career...people lie!

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
How can people believe that Aaron Ramsey, our best midfielder last season, walked into the office in 2018 and said he would take a £150,000 deal...only for Raul to say no to Aaron’s very reasonable demand, then for Juventus to randomly chuck a Poke ball at him to catch him in the summer.

It’s like when Van Persie said on BT that we wanted him sold in 2012, or Hulk Hogan saying he only used his creative control to change one matche outcome in his entire career...people lie!

We don't have to speculate, but there were articles from variety of sources upon Emery's announcement, that he woul build the team around Ramsey.
Apparently he also presented a detailed account of every player we had with plans on how to best utilise and improve them, with AMN potentially being one of the key players identified.

The events have unfolded complete opposite of that.
The offer to Ramsey was basically taken away from him while AMN was in such severe pressure that he had to see a shrink.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not talking just about his increased responsibility.

About Complicity in the choice of Emery over Arteta. It's been popular belief here and elsewhere that Gazidis employed Emery and bailed on the club. This here is revealing, as to whose preference Emery was. This info is also backed by the widespread rumors after Wenger left, that Arteta was Ivan's favorite and likely successor. "those who know don't speak and those who speak don't know"

The choice of Emery allegedly by Raul, may also be a pointer to why Emery is still in a job.

Bonus points Re: Raul
- scheming Mislintat out of the club
- boardroom spat over Oleary
The story from the Spanish press was that Luis Enrique was Raul's choice but his wage demands put him out of the running, and after Emery's interview they all agreed to hire him after a silent vote.
FFS Emery used a psychologist to choose his method of picking a captain, I totally believe him sending AMN to a psychologist to get him to accept his role as a defender. IF AMN saw a Psych for that reason, he was most likely sent by Emery. As for playing Özil with the kids to humiliate him, well... if that sounds unbelievable to you, then I would look again at the events of the past months if I were you.
The article said that AMN started attending psychotherapy sessions because of the pressure he felt, makes it seem like it was his choice rather than being sent there by the manager.

And as for Özil, I can believe the idea that the club are afraid of the backlash they would face if he came in and played well. But that ship already sailed when he dropped Özil last season and still didn't reach the CL. He wouldn't be able to "justify" (as the article states) dropping him with a bad performance, because nobody would accept that explanation from him.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The story from the Spanish press was that Luis Enrique was Raul's choice but his wage demands put him out of the running, and after Emery's interview they all agreed to hire him after a silent vote.

The article said that AMN started attending psychotherapy sessions because of the pressure he felt, makes it seem like it was his choice rather than being sent there by the manager.

And as for Özil, I can believe the idea that the club are afraid of the backlash they would face if he came in and played well. But that ship already sailed when he dropped Özil last season and still didn't reach the CL. He wouldn't be able to "justify" (as the article states) dropping him with a bad performance, because nobody would accept that explanation from him.

I'm sure AMN did feel pressure and was advised by the feckwit to see a psychotherapist to deal with it because, you know, under Emery it's gonna be play defence or don't play.

As for Özil;
Are you sure? Check the comments in the Özil thread, you'll see that even after being the only one to give a decent performance in the past 2 games people saying that we are no better with him than without him. Hell, you were quick to turn on Özil last season and swallow all the guff the club was peddling about him for practically no reason.

There are always those willing to believe the worst of Özil and buy any excuse to believe we are better off selling him to "according to the press" the only club willing to buy him, Febernace..

Last edited:

Riou

I will go to my grave believing that I was right in what happened to Ramsey...I will never give up ;)

Rocky-quotes.jpg

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

It’s like when Van Persie said on BT that we wanted him sold in 2012, or Hulk Hogan saying he only used his creative control to change one matche outcome in his entire career...people lie!
Hogan was the biggest egomaniacal cancer in wrestling industry. Who could forget how every time he would have to lose he would randomly need some surgery:lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think the arrival of Mourinho puts more pressure on him and the club. If Sp**s can turn their results around while we’re still looking shaky, is a bad look on Emery and Raul.

Then you have the EL, if they drop down then that adds another strong team and better manager than Emery to the competition.

Riou

Hogan was the biggest egomaniacal cancer in wrestling industry. Who could forget how every time he would have to lose he would randomly need some surgery:lol:

HollywoodEntranceChamp.jpg

Whatcha gonna do brother, when Hulkamania buries you 1...2...3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom