• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

United V Arsenal [Sat 16 May; 12:45]

JazzG

Established Member
If man utd draw or win then the title will be theirs, this is going to be quite a humbling experience. Funny how 8 years after humiliating them on their own ground and winning the title the same fate possibly awaits us. If anything I'd like to have seen them win the title yesterday then seen our players have to give them a guard of honour. I think some of our players could do with being humiliated and made to feel like mugs. Fergie made his players go through that a few years ago against Chelsea and they came back with fire the season after, big players respond to these kind of things.

Biggus

Established Member
JazzG said:
Fergie made his players go through that a few years ago against Chelsea and they came back with fire the season after, big players respond to these kind of things.

Unfortunately most of our players are under 1.75M :|

JazzG

Established Member
The value of a player is irrelevant the mentality of our players on the whole is wrong. We need stronger characters and guys who feel genuine pain when losing not hit the clubs the night after a bad loss....

14teranga

I just would love to see some one getting all over Evra and then tell him with a bumped chest : who's the kid? Or something like : Never ever call us kids again!!!
But I won't hold my breath either.

zerofeel

Manure will go out firing on all cylinders to win the EPL and i really hope Wenger will INCLUDE ARSHAVIN for this game even though we have only PRIDE to play for and not play DIABY the DISASTER on the left again just because he has that so-called physical presence.He does not have that presence and should be banished from being a first teamer.

Cesc need to inspire instead of looking so INSIPID.Being a captain he needs to rally the troop and kick some butt if any of the players lose concentration.The players need to find that desire to win and with Arshavin you can tell he has that charisma to lead.To me he is the captain of this team no offence to all Cesc fanatic.

Hope we can cause an upset and delay Manure's crowning.:D

tam1886

Established Member
asajoseph said:
And hey, it would be typical of us to actually bloody perform when it seems against all the odds and rationality for us to do so.
Obviously I want us to win, I'm not one of those who look for us to lose to be taught lessons, but if we do pull it off, it's going to be so incredibly annoying and frustrating. For the simple fact that we'll hear the words character, strength, development, and quality. All things we couldn't seem to muster together when it mattered, yet which will be held up to show how far we have come. In fact, I've just realised while typing this that we're going to get them even if we lose. I've just depressed myself :(

Edit: Just found this quote from Rooney, if this doesn't motivate the players, nothing will.

"When they come to Old Trafford you always hear them singing about winning the title at Old Trafford, so it would be nice to win against them. That would be special."

atmosphere

JazzG said:
The value of a player is irrelevant the mentality of our players on the whole is wrong. We need stronger characters and guys who feel genuine pain when losing not hit the clubs the night after a bad loss....

I'm guessing Biggus was making a height joke?

1.75 metres...

atmosphere

tam1886 said:
"When they come to Old Trafford you always hear them singing about winning the title at Old Trafford, so it would be nice to win against them. That would be special."

Except it's not really the same is it you fat scouse prick...

Have you won the league at Highbury?
Have you ****!

Sover

hujja said:
The build up to this game is so underwhelming seeing as it's so irrelevant and we're no longer their equal. How far we've fallen these few seasons.

Hm, we were just 4 points off them last season, we haven't fallen that far.
We've already beaten them this season, no reason we can't do it again.
On our day with a first choice line up we're every bit as good as them.

Europe was a different game entirely, we froze and got punished for it.

This weekend we should be relaxed, nothing to lose and a few of our players will get the chance to prove a point.

Unforgiven

Established Member
The only positive way looking at this game is that we have nothing to loose, we can only go upwards. They have something to loose. If they loose they will win the title anyway though.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Arshavin is the only player who gives me any reason to be optimistic going into this. Want to win for winning's sake - but really that would be just following the trend of the whole season where we've pulled out good results with little pressure on us.

Maybe starts for a few players who've at least come out with some credit from recent games - Eboue and Bendtner.

asajoseph

Established Member
tam1886 said:
asajoseph said:
And hey, it would be typical of us to actually bloody perform when it seems against all the odds and rationality for us to do so.
Obviously I want us to win, I'm not one of those who look for us to lose to be taught lessons, but if we do pull it off, it's going to be so incredibly annoying and frustrating. For the simple fact that we'll hear the words character, strength, development, and quality. All things we couldn't seem to muster together when it mattered, yet which will be held up to show how far we have come. In fact, I've just realised while typing this that we're going to get them even if we lose. I've just depressed myself :(

Screw that - winning at Old Trafford would definitely be special, and would at least set up an interesting last day of the season.

Hull playing Manchester United, winner takes all... At least that way, one of the teams I ****ing hate will get screwed.

atmosphere

Unforgiven said:
The only positive way looking at this game is that we have nothing to loose, we can only go upwards. They have something to loose. If they loose they will win the title anyway though.

Imagine if we beat them and then Hull (fighting for their Premier League status) manage to as well?

It'd be kinda ironic if Liverpool win the League on goal difference on the last day of the season, 20 years on from THAT game at Anfield.
:lol:

Asterix

Established Member
Oh yes, would love to see Hull go down.

However, Man Utd slipping up when they have the chance to win the title by beating us is not something I expect them to do. Would like to see some more of Bendtner - he's had a good season. And yes, some pain for Evra (and anyone in a red shirt that day really) would be ideal. Let's give Thierry a hand and kick the ****e out of their defence.

Lord Dula

Established Member
14teranga said:
I just would love to see some one getting all over Evra and then tell him with a bumped chest : who's the kid? Or something like : Never ever call us kids again!!!
But I won't hold my breath either.

haha yeah I can imagine lil denilson going upto Vidic tapping him on the shoulder and, with a voice dropping from high to low pitch saying "Hey mister, I'm a maaaaaaaaan now" to which he then drops his shorts, we visibly see his balls drop, pubes sprouting everywhere, his chest filling out, arm muscles growing ripping his Nike medium kids shirt, his brow and recede developing, with lewin running on swapping his lucozade for a Stella ;)

fabo

6.51 / 10
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-defence-has-been-the-difference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... difference</a>

"We have a very promising team who can deliver very soon. If you look at the statistics of the two teams for example, we have scored a similar amount of goals. In the passing quality in the final third and in the opposition half, we are as good as Man United. We have conceded more goals and that's where the difference lies.

"We have conceded 36, they have conceded 24, we have scored 64 they have scored 67. Offensively, I do not believe there is a difference. Defensively, there was a difference.”

So, logically you try everything within your means to rectify those problems? Better defenders, better defensive coaching. This is the problem with Arsène - he knows where the flaws are but has done little to solve them. Make or break summer!

hujja

Established Member
Sover said:
hujja said:
The build up to this game is so underwhelming seeing as it's so irrelevant and we're no longer their equal. How far we've fallen these few seasons.

This weekend we should be relaxed, nothing to lose and a few of our players will get the chance to prove a point.

It doesn't matter if we were just 4 points off last season because unlike us they didn't bottle it when it really mattered. They also won the Champions League. And they're probably going to repeat the Double this season.

Europe wasn't a different game. If anything, it was the exact same ****e we saw at Anfield except without the goals from our side. Lax defending but this time, we didn't have Andrei to curb our humiliation.

Our situation going into this game is no different than it was last week against Chelsea. Look what happened then.

There is a massive massive gulf in quality and experience between our side and the Big 3. The reality is, most of our starters wouldn't even make the bench for the likes of United and Chelsea.

If Arsène decides to do something positive about the squad this summer, perhaps it would be a different story but at the moment, I don't think we can make valid comparisons with those clubs.

32inchVerticalLeap

Established Member
hujja said:
Sover said:
hujja said:

It doesn't matter if we were just 4 points off last season because unlike us they didn't bottle it when it really mattered. They also won the Champions League. And they're probably going to repeat the Double this season.

Europe wasn't a different game. If anything, it was the exact same s***e we saw at Anfield except without the goals from our side. Lax defending but this time, we didn't have Andrei to curb our humiliation.

Our situation going into this game is no different than it was last week against Chelsea. Look what happened then.

There is a massive massive gulf in quality and experience between our side and the Big 3. The reality is, most of our starters wouldn't even make the bench for the likes of United and Chelsea.

If Arsène decides to do something positive about the squad this summer, perhaps it would be a different story but at the moment, I don't think we can make valid comparisons with those clubs.

Bollox.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Thats a ridiclous statement
""There is a massive massive gulf in quality and expierence between our side and the big 3 THe reality is most of our starters wouldnt even make the bench for the likes of United and Chelsea

We maby havent got the expierence that UTD and Chelsea expierenced, but we surely have some players that would make the squad by Chelsea and Utd.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom