• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
Despite apparently being outflanked by Stan Kroenke, he has still not given up hope of taking control of the Premier League club.

The Uzbek billionaire has been offered other clubs but has told all-comers that he's not interested. It's either Arsenal or nothing. And it seems he is preparing his tactics.

Much has been made of Usmanov writing to shareholders ahead of next week's annual meeting to try to scoop up enough shares to push his 29.5 per cent holding over the 30 per cent mark by offering £14,500 a share. But the move is not especially significant. It means Usmanov can take the revamped Premier League test for owners and directors – formerly known as the fit and proper persons test – but it does not allow him a place on the board.

That remains in Arsenal's gift. And the indications from the club and Kroenke, who owns 66 per cent, is that there will be no attempt at a dialogue with Usmanov. So what does he do? It would appear his options are limited but one tactic – after his attempts to get involved, including suggesting a rights issue and offering investment, were frustrated – would be to see how this season pans out.

Arsenal are struggling and there is a real fear that they may fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time under Arsène Wenger. The manager's position is under severe scrutiny, supporters are more restless than for some time and there is a sense of change in the air.
If Arsenal's season does not improve, where would that leave Kroenke if Usmanov makes a big offer next summer to buy him out? Kroenke is adamant, as he told The Daily Telegraph recently, that he is a long-term investor and has the track record to prove it, but Usmanov seems likely to want to test that resolve.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-prepares-to-test-Stan-Kroenkes-resolve.html

I'd love to see Usmanov take over, he wants to make us a force again and could possibly bring Dein back to Arsenal.

Can't see it happening tho and we'll have to deal with PHW and co still :(

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'd like to see a poll added to this thread...would be interesting to see where everyone is at.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Usmanov is a United fan and a shady character, but he has plenty of £££. Stan is more dignified and is a more presentable leader, unfortunately he is poorer, silent and seems to have very limited interest.

I would still pick Stan for the time being, but he's not exactly set the world alight. Who knows how Usmanov would act if in control.

mo50

Established Member
Every club that will come between us and success has sold itself to the devil, I see no major reason why we shouldn't aswell. Unlike City/Chelsea we already have a rich history so its not like he'd define us.

dpt49

Established Member
Kroenke
Won't spend money
Doesn't know much about football or "soccer"
Doesn't go to many matches
Only seems interested in Arsenal as a business

Usmanov
Wants us to spend money
Likes football
Does go to matches
Is willing to put his own money into the club

Hmmm,
Which one to choose

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I'm still waiting for Kroenke to put some money in to the club. Maybe it depends on whether we qualify for the CL or not. In any case I'm very disappointed with his lack of activity and his media presence.

ebouenolike

Established Member
dpt49 said:
Usmanov
Wants us to spend money
Likes football
Does go to matches

Likes Manchester United.
How many Arsenal games has he gone to?
Was the first person to try and take money from the club (dividends).

Anzac

Established Member
At this point I don't care if they take dividends or not,
PROVIDED they then do their utmost to improve the club on & off the pitch.
IMO this scenario of not taking dividends is little more than some smoke & mirrors BS like our self funding etc = it's become an excuse to do NOTHING.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
ebouenolike said:
dpt49 said:
Usmanov
Wants us to spend money
Likes football
Does go to matches

Likes Manchester United.

That's just one side of the coin, on the other hand he's the only one who was proactively trying to rise additional funds for the club.

And how many Arsenal games has Kroenke gone to?

Bossa

Established Member
dpt49 said:
Kroenke
Won't spend money
Doesn't know much about football or "soccer"
Doesn't go to many matches
Only seems interested in Arsenal as a business

Usmanov
Wants us to spend money
Likes football
Does go to matches

Hmmm,
Which one to choose

Usmanov also has 10 billion dollars more than Kroenke. I mean what does money means for him. I dont care about us having a sugar daddy. Wenger and the board probably dont want him because all their hard work this past decade would be undone when Usmanov comes blasting in.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
It's very easy for that fat, ugly criminal to spout whatever he thinks anyone wants to hear, a different matter if given an actual chance.

He's not an AFC fan, so if running and pumping his illegal funds into a club is really his desire, go 'bail out' another club.

Personally, I wish he was nowhere near our club.

Shue

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
It's very easy for that fat, ugly criminal to spout whatever he thinks anyone wants to hear, a different matter if given an actual chance.

He's not an AFC fan, so if running and pumping his illegal funds into a club is really his desire, go 'bail out' another club.

Sums up my view pretty succinctly.

ebouenolike

Established Member
AnthonyG said:

Amen. It's very easy to talk a big talk when it means nothing and you have no power. The Liverpool fans were overjoyed with all the big talk of Hicks and Gillett, they're not so popular now...

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
It's very easy for that Bud Walton arse licking twát to give the Arsenal fans silent treatment, a different matter entirely to actually run a prestigious club like Arsenal as if he's running a third-rate "franchise" Denver Nuggets.

He's not an AFC fan, so if running and pumping his borrowed money into a club is really his desire, go 'PIK' another club.

squallkid

Established Member
It comes to one phrase for me or one question so to speak

"Does the end really justify the means?"

If Usmanov was our owner, for all his criminal activities and general misdemeanors he would spend money, money that would improve our chances of winning a trophy but are the trophies worth sacrificing our upstanding and "right" way of doing things. The Arsenal way that has seen us slump to 15th this season, the Arsenal way that refuses to pay top dollar to players, the Arsenal way where 4th place isn't an embarrassment but a goal to aim for. Usmanov can take us away from all this with his dirty money but at what cost to our moral fibre as a club? I want our owner to spend money, I want us to be successful and most of all I love the club but I don't want us to sell our soul to a dirty Russian billionaire for a few trophies.

dpt49

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
dpt49 said:
Usmanov
Wants us to spend money
Likes football
Does go to matches

Likes Manchester United.

Ask any Chelsea supporter if they mind having a Russian criminal ploughing money into their club, he had never even been to Chelsea before he bought them, in fact they were his second choice.

Do Man city supporters mind having dubious owners that probably never knew anything about the club before they bought.

We have had the Hill Wood family for years taking money out of the club without putting any back and now Kroenke doing the same thing.

I am not saying Usmanov is the best choice but out of Kroenke and Usmanov he is the only choice until a billionaire Arsenal season ticket holder throws his hat into the ring

dpt49

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Unfortunately most Billionaires in the world are fat, ugly, criminals, so I don't think Usmanov is particularly different to any other prospective billionaire Arsenal owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom