• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vieira reopens Ruud row

XxGoonaStuxX

VIEIRA REOPENS RUUD ROW
Wednesday 17th December 2003
SOURCE: Sky Sports News
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 97,00.html

Vieira: Ruud accusation

Arsenal skipper Patrick Vieira has reignited the controversy surrounding his sending-off at Old Trafford earlier in the season by slamming Ruud van Nistelrooy for his part in the dismissal.
The French international saw red for kicking out at the Dutchman, but believes the United hit-man play-acted to get him sent off.

"I was annoyed at the way I feel he was acting," stated Vieira.

"That's what disappointed me because I have a big respect for him because he is a tremendous player.

"But I was quite disappointed in the way he acted.

"Maybe because I have so much respect for him, that's what made it worse for me, as well as the reaction after the game."

In a thinly-veiled attack on van Nistelrooy, the Senegal-born star continued: "The fact you see players who react to provocation get punished more heavily than the players who provoke incidents.

"We need to find a balance between people who are diving and pretending that they are hurt and those who get involved.

"It has been around for a long time and won't go away but we have to deal with it and not allow it to get worse for referees."

The Gunners captain did though reserve special praise for United counterpart, and long-term nemesis, Roy Keane who attempted to act as peacemaker when the trouble flared back in Spetember.

Vieira revealed the special bond of respect which exists between the two players, and admitted that Keane was a player he continued to look up to.

"He (Keane) was trying to help me," added Vieira to the Daily Mail. "He saw I was really upset and kept me out of trouble.

"He knew straight away that I didn't deserve it. He told me that it was finished and I should go off.

"I was pleased it was him. I don't think any other Man U player could have done it. That's the bond between us. It's a bond of respect.

"When I first arrived in England he was already a top player and I wanted to be like him.

"We are winners. We want to win for the team, and I think Roy is a fantastic example for me because of the way he pushes the team and the way he is for his team.

"It's not just the bond of football, I think we are quite similar people.

"For him to stop showed me the respect between the two players.

"We have had very tough games against each other but we don't forget who we are."

Vieira also revealed that he did come close to joining Real Madrid last summer before penning a new deal at Highbury, but explained his happiness with life in North London persuaded him it was right to extend his Arsenal stay.

"I thought hard and asked myself what future I saw at Real Madrid and then at Arsenal, and for me the best thing was to stay at Arsenal.

"If you leave you don't know what you'll get.

"I know I am really happy where I am."

patrick42uk

Established Member
just when everyone was forgetting what happened at OT, he had to drag it all back up again. pointless really, it achieves nothing

A

Anonymous

arite arite..help me out here..where did Ruud play act again!?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

ruud said:
arite arite..help me out here..where did Ruud play act again!?
Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn..........

Maybe the bit whe he leapt backwards in terror?

Wasn't aware there was a poisonous snake on the pitch.

You're in denial Ruud.

Face it before I :bounce on your head.

johe

Basically I see three possible options.

A: RvN has extremely bad reflexes and needs glasses

B: RvN thought that Pat has legs as long as trees and could actually hit him from there

C: There was alot of distance between them, RvN reacted only when Vieira pulled his foot back, RvN took the opportunity to jump back to make it look like Vieira was anywhere close.

The correct answer is.... C!

RvN deserved to miss that penalty.

I like the fact that RvN has missed 2 penalties against us this year. If we are up by 2 goals or more against Manure on Highbury (knock on wood) I want them to get a penalty, just to let him miss again. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

it wasn't the point of wether thinking if Vieira's legs were gonna touch him or not..it was to show the ref Vieira's intent....simple as that.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ruud said:
it was to show the ref Vieira's intent....simple as that.

that is called cheating... it's play-acting.. it isnt up to RvN to prove to the ref the intent..

he also played a part by driving his knee into the back of Paddy which is why he got upset in the first place when RvN knew he had absolutely ZERO chance to get the ball....

which one of those do you like better? cuz they were both what really happened....

XxGoonaStuxX

Beany said:
Wasn't aware there was a poisonous snake on the pitch.
hehe thats a great way of putting it beany.
Ruud playacted its as simple as that. Vieira got punished due to this.
Strange Vieira had to drag it all back up. No doubt the media will be saying how "ridiculous" Vieira is and that he was to blame.

thegame24

Established Member
i like rabbits.

ahh see what u made me do!

its obvious van diver horse cheat dolphin play acted, y we still arguing with man u fans?
they still chant champions of europe and eric cantona xmas carrols. :roll:

Mark

Established Member
even though ruud is definetly an annoying cheat, vieira should just let it go and stop bringing it up.

JazzG

Established Member
Vieira obviously feels very strongly about this, he felt he was cheated by someone who he respected. I know I'd be pissed off if that happened to me. Vieira didn't get to speak after the incident so let him speak his mind. So what if it brings up this incident up again, its not like the media don't do it enough as it is.....

Mark

Established Member
i don't blame him for being angry, but the press are gonna twist things and make it look like he's the one being provacative and there'll be more arguments and i just find that stuff annoying.

quattro

piffle... if alex ferguson always has the green light to throw press trash our way i say make it a two way street!

Ridge

johe said:
Basically I see three possible options.
Maybe he thought Patrick knew Chinese kung-fu, that could hurt people even with a distance. :wink:

wow, never thought Roy Keane was so nice, according to that passage, he tried to help him...? hmm...

Top Bottom