• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vieira reopens Ruud row

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again (that'll be now) but Roy Keane that day is the messure of what happened. Now Paddy and the paddy have been kicking lumps out of eachother for years, and kept getting on with it. keane knew the red was stupid but also knew if we had a cheating yellow belly in our team it could have been keane off at some point. The when interviewed after the game and blatantly asked to defend vanshithimself, he wouldn't answer the question. Nuff (not) said.

gypped

From the soccernet article:

Vieira also paid tribute to United skipper Roy Keane's role in the powderkeg incident.

'He said `Appeal, Patrick'. He was trying to help me. He saw I was really upset and he kept me out of trouble.

'He knew straight away that I didn't deserve it. He told that it was finished and I should go off. It's done, over.

'I was pleased it was him. I don't think any other Manchester United player could have done it. That's the bond between us. It's a bond of respect.'

That makes me respect Roy Keane a lot more. He is tough and hard player, but he's not a cheat. I wonder what the rest of the old ratford team had to say? It so touching... :cry:

A

Anonymous

but Ruud was punished by the "KICK" in the back by a free-kick..what was the need off the kick out ..?!

Anders Limpar

Who cares about Rude van Pissn'Rattle anyway??

We shut up, support our team, get the points and come may we send them a message they'll never forget...

1, 2, 3, 4...

Alexone234

no chance, Vieira will need a new grudge now Keane is no longer an enemy. Ruud should be called a **** everytime one of our players is on TV

Anders Limpar

...and that will make us the most popular club in the world? Then we're really ready to combete with ManUtd and Real Madrid...

Childish behaviour that will take us nowhere!!!

Anders Limpar

:D

No offence, Alex!!

My stomach turns upside down every time I see him, almost have to throw up, that is how much I dislike him...

...but we have so much against us, reputation as a dirty team, referees, the FA disciplinary committee, our disciplinary record, our underachievements in Europe, a often misquoted manager etc...

...we don't need to add to that list!!

Alexone234

No its true Anders. The media will do anything to report us in a bad light. I am sure that the daily mail asked Vieira about the incident, and made out he came up with the subject himself.

The point that still really irritates me is how the FA refused even to look at RvN's absolutely blantant off-the-ball punch on Freddie at the OT championship game. It was clearly shown on Sky, and hundreds of us e-mailed the FA asking why they hadn't looked at it. Nothing. And people wonder why we think it is one rule for us and one for them.

Anders Limpar

...and the sad part is it will take Arsenal as a club years to turn around, i.e to be one of the good clubs!

But at least we can win everything there is to win in the meantime!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Alexone234

Matt-North Bank. Sadly its not as easy as getting them to look at the Video.

Either representatives from the two clubs or a pitchside official have to make a formal complaint to the FA about an incident before it gets looked into. As Arsenal won the game and the trophy, they decided not to report the incident to the FA. If we had done, RVN would be in trouble

A

Anonymous

no one has yet answered..why did Vieira have to kick out after Ruud was penalised already with the freekick

Anders Limpar

The best thing about it is Freddie pointing his finger and then never say a word about it...

...and that because we have no f***ing moaners at the Arsenal!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

"no ****ing moaners at the Arsenal" indeed..
what is Vieira saying in this topic again?! :roll:

Anders Limpar

He said he was annoyed with the way he felt Ruud was behaving...

...for your information, that is a grown up way to answer a direct question. If you read it a couple of times you might notice the fact he's not saying Ruud did anything, he simple stake how he felt(!) Ruud was behaving...

We don't moan but we are polite enough to answer when asked questions...

barnone

quattro said:
piffle... if alex ferguson always has the green light to throw press trash our way i say make it a two way street!

but I thought Ferguson got fined for the remark about the FA and Arsenal?

As for Vieira's "disappointment" with the way things happened, he could have easily avoided that by keeping his head. I've said it before, his 1st yellow was not deserved, but he's been playing too long to react like he did after it.
Plus, this whole thing has dragged on for so long, why didn't Vieira just refuse to answer the 1000th question about it? I have a lot of respect for him for obvious reasons, but the way he's carrying on about it is bemusing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom