<

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by TomasCR, Mar 1, 2009.

1. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Eduardo also missed chances, Viking. It's not black and white, Vela is a very good finisher, even if he missed against Sunderland.

2. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

I'd be quite happy if we score from an open play.

Since RvP goal at Everton, we haven't scored in the league yet.
    But I agree, that this game is winnable.

I'd say 2-1 for us.
    Nasri and RvP

3. Viking

Viking New Member

Yeah I know, and I tend to agree with you, Van Persie seems very tired and obviously needs a rest.

4. IBL

IBL New Member Elite

Right now we cant seem to differentiate between any teams, we're just failing to score from open play against almost anyone...bottom or not.

I reckon we'll either win this 4-0 or it'll end 0-0 again

5. RammiXP

RammiXP Active Member

I think this will be a 0-0

6. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

It would be beyond a joke if we fail to come away with three points from this. West Brom try to play football but they are quite poor in the final third, offensively and defensively.

7. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Villa's next five games

Man City vs Villa
    Villa vs Sp**s
    Liverpool vs Villa
    Man utd vs Villa
    Aston Villa v Everton

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD will these ****s sort their act out and win our next few games. Villa will hopefully drop points and we simply have to take advantage of it now. Stoke have given us a bit of hope, for ****s sake Wenger has to show his quality as a manager and now and ****ing boot get those lazy ****ing ****s up for the run in.

8. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Re: W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45

agreed.. English rules have been changed (i think 2 seasons now) that automatically say that a loaned player cannot play against his own team.. it works differently for other european leagues and those terms have to be agreed upon, but not between 2 English teams..

9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

The game is going to be fast paced. West Brom will want to keep it on the ground and will not foul and start pushing us around. They will let us play our football. Their defense is useless and they only have Simpson upfront.

10. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

We lost our last trip to Albion right?

Nevertheless, I would play this side...

Almunia
    Eboue Gallas Djourou Clichy
    Vela Diaby Nasri Arshavin
    RVP Bendtner

this is the most attacking side we can put out now.

11. qs

qs New Member Elite

I sort of agree on Vela re: the wing. The point is neither have shown the ability to take on the responsibility so putting them both in without Robin is too big a risk in my eyes.

Thats all very well but these were all in CC games of FA cup games against lower league opposition. Its a different standard in the EPL.

4-4-2 is fine but if we do play it then van Persie has to start.

12. qs

qs New Member Elite

I think they'll sit 10 men behind the ball and hope for another 0-0 TBH.

13. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

West Brom simply don't sit back. They prefer to lose and play their attacking game.

Mowbray always sticks to his attacking principles

14. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

Given that they're bottom of the league, there's probably an ironic lesson there ;)

15. qs

qs New Member Elite

I doubt that.

16. Rocafella

Rocafella New Member

prefer to lose :lol:

17. Gunner4life09

Gunner4life09 New Member

I'll kill myself if we lose. We been getting pretty lucky that Villa have slipped up when we have drew... I know a lot of people say that we will now finish below 4th but I bet everyone doesn't actually believe that deep down, everyone says but still harbour hope. But my hope will die if we don't win this game.

18. TomasCR

TomasCR New Member Trusted

I actually think Eboue will start, it´s not like he has earned the place but he did seem to show something in the last two games.

Could he play on the right wing and Arshavin upfront with RvP and then eventually Nic in for Eboue if it doesn´t work?

West Brom are laughable, I´m 100% sure they will go down this year, we simply must beat them. They prefer to lose after all I´ve read somewhere. ;)

19. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

It's soo like last year when we couldn't win games in the similar period of the season. We always said 'next game is a must' but it never happened. The team is too weak mentally.

20. GaelForce22

GaelForce22 New Member Trusted

--------Almunia

Sagna---Toure---Gallas---Clichy

Eboue---Diaby---Denilson---Arshavin

-------Van Persie---Bendtner

3-0 Arsenal - Bendtner, Arshavin and Gallas with the goals.