• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

McIntyre

Established Member
Good result. If we hadn't won this we'd have had to hang our heads in shame.

But the real question is...

Who's going to be the first Bendtner disciple to proclaim him the new messiah having scored a couple of goals against the worst team in the league?

It happened with the silly Diaby threads after the Roma game.

Just lucky Arshavin outshone him today, so hopefully we'll have none of that nonsense.

qs

Established Member
Happy with that. Not just a win but a convincing one. Whats the deal with Bendter, he was great tonight. Confidence player maybe? Lets hope he takes his confidence through for his next game, whether its against Burnley or Roma.

Song shouldn't be let play in midfield. Keep him round as 4th choice CB, he's functional there. In midfield he is a disaster though.

Rohit

Established Member
If the arrogance that Bendtner carries is harnessed correctly then it could be a huge asset rather than a liability. It is easy to forget he is only 20.

progman07

Established Member
Theo, Eduardo, Ade coming back, Cesc and Rosicky only 3 weeks away from starting (potentially the Quarter-Finals of the CL), Arshavin getting into match fitness. The future looks so positive today.

hackajack

Established Member
McIntyre said:
Who's going to be the first Bendtner disciple to proclaim him the new messiah having scored a couple of goals against the worst team in the league?

Just lucky Arshavin outshone him today, so hopefully we'll have none of that nonsense.
Nik was MOM by a country mile - why can't you just enjoy it instead of making a **** of yourself?

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I think bendtner probably has the finest of lines between low confidence, and total overconfidence.

This isnt based on tonights game.

Kain

Established Member
McIntyre said:
Who's going to be the first Bendtner disciple to proclaim him the new messiah

Bendtner >>>>>>>> God >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maradona/Pele/Di Stéfano

ricky1985

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
ricky1985 said:
I thought we were really, really poor in that last 30 minutes. I felt like gouging my eyes out, it was so slow and boring.
:shock: Mods! Someone has hacked Ricky's account.

:lol:

I think I'm just in a bad mood tonight - long, hard day and all that, but they really annoyed me with the lack of drive, purpose and urgency, after the initial burst in the second half.

I think we could have won 5 or 6 tonight without having to give everything, just by staying focused and driven.

Never mind, we won.

qs

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Can somebody please give me a brief summary of how Nasri played?

He was mediocre. Passing was fine but he was never dangerous and I though he looked a bit jaded. I think theres a yard of pace missing from his game that he had before christmas. Boy needs a rest. I'd stick Vela in for him on Sunday.

McIntyre

Established Member
hackajack said:
McIntyre said:

Nik was MOM by a country mile - why can't you just enjoy it instead of making a **** of yourself?

That's nice isn't it?

I did enjoy it and will enjoy it until the next game on Sunday. But I'm not going to delude myself that our performance, or any of the players' performances, against the worst team in the league (who played right into our hands) is going to herald some new era in the team or individual players' development.

By the way, it was just coincidental that my post came directly after yours praising Bendtner, it wasn't aimed at you and wasn't meant as a personal slight.

hackajack

Established Member
McIntyre said:
By the way, it was just coincidental that my post came directly after yours praising Bendtner, it wasn't aimed at you and wasn't meant as a personal slight.
I didn't notice - I did notice a particularly grudging and mean spirited post. The boy done good he deserves the applause.

Zico

Established Member
Guys, I don't think applauding our players for a job well-done should be seen as hero-worship from closet disciples. These guys are all part of our team, and if one of them goes out and does a good job, then it is worth pointing that out and giving them moral support. In the last few weeks, much maligned players like Bendtner, Eboue and Diaby have had performances that reveal some of the promise we always knew they had. They just need to find Giggs/Scholes-like consistency now.

That said, West Brom are a Championship side. So let's not go overboard praising the boys for getting the type of result they should be getting anyway.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
quincy42 said:
That said, West Brom are a Championship side. So let's just be happy that we did what we were supposed to do today.
Yup, a nice, nice feeling and job well done.

As far as Nik goes, a very good performance and in a way I agree with McIntyre about the kind of overreaction that could take place. I'll just repeat what I already said: he had some iffy moments at the beginning and I think being away from home and away from the boo-birds helped him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
McIntyre said:
hackajack said:
McIntyre said:

That's nice isn't it?

I did enjoy it and will enjoy it until the next game on Sunday. But I'm not going to delude myself that our performance, or any of the players' performances, against the worst team in the league (who played right into our hands) is going to herald some new era in the team or individual players' development.

I made the Diaby thread, and forgive me for taking a ****ing exception to your comment. It had nothing to do with proclaiming him as a Messiah.

McIntyre

Established Member
hackajack said:
McIntyre said:
I didn't notice - I did notice a particularly grudging and mean spirited post. The boy done good he deserves the applause.

If it was a mean spirited post it wasn't directed at the player, but rather at some of the posters on this forum who get completely carried away with singular performances from players. I'm glad Nik scored tonight and won us the game, that's fantastic. But too many people on this forum seem to get over-excited about individual performances and start opening threads about how great they are or how they deserve more credit, like with Diaby the other week against Roma. Let's praise Nik for what he did tonight, but let's not go overboard.

Zico

Established Member
Poppa, we all know that you've been talking about Diaby for a while now, so I doubt you're seen as one of the bandwagoners. I'm still of the school of thought that Diaby would have a starting spot locked up if he hadn't had these numerous injuries over the past 2 years. He just lacks the experience that comes with top-class minutes.

Nela

Established Member
Bendtner and Arshavin worked well together. It's interesting that Bendtner clearly looks better when he's partnerhed with Eduardo, Vela and now Arshavin than Ade or RvP.

Alfonso

Established Member
Good win. Bendtner usually has one good game every 6 weeks, that was it.

But without Gallas just shows how shakey our defence is. Loved Almunia shouting at the defence, he has gone from being a shy retired, low on confidence foreign squad player to a vocal vice captain fully cemented first teamer relative Arsenal veteran rallying the troops type anglo-spaniard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom