• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

qs

Established Member
oasis_gooner said:
qs said:
Well heres a stat for ya, cause we all know stats prove everything right. Our last league win before tonight was against Hull. Central defensive partnership that day: Touré-Djourou.

This of course is 100% down to Gallas and nothing to do with the wins being over promoted teams, ahem.

What a ridiculous thing to say. So now you're blaming our inability to break down Fulham, Sunderland, West Ham and co. on Gallas? And against Fulham, Gallas held it together despite being exposed by the midfield and Clichy's antics.

:lol:

qs

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Was Song really that bad by the way? Some of his ratings is pretty awful.

At centre half he was shakey, as you'd expect but in midfield in the first half he was as bad as I've seen him. So lazy and stupid. His touch was unbelievably poor.

progman07

Established Member
oasis_gooner said:
qs said:
Well heres a stat for ya, cause we all know stats prove everything right. Our last league win before tonight was against Hull. Central defensive partnership that day: Touré-Djourou.

This of course is 100% down to Gallas and nothing to do with the wins being over promoted teams, ahem.

What a ridiculous thing to say. So now you're blaming our inability to break down Fulham, Sunderland, West Ham and co. on Gallas? And against Fulham, Gallas held it together despite being exposed by the midfield and Clichy's antics.
He wasn't being serious, but he has already mentioned that.

qs

Established Member
Some people are just best left to their own little world Prog.

Anyway if Gallas had a game like Toures today there'd be a new thread in his honour by now.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
qs said:
Some people are just best left to their own little world Prog.

Anyway if Gallas had a game like Toures today there'd be a new thread in his honour by now.

Or half. That's not true, but whatever.

oasis_gooner

progman07 said:
oasis_gooner said:
qs said:

He wasn't being serious, but he has already mentioned that.

Oh ok, just seen that it was simultaneously posted with my initial post. I take it back qs.

hackajack

Established Member
I thought he did OK at CB, by contrast Djourou was poor - he seemed to be overcompensating for the physical element and giving away a stream of stupid fouls ( including the equaliser).

TomasCR

Established Member
Thanks guys. Song out it´s the next thread then. Come ooon guys, it could be fun, who is gonna do it?

McIntyre

Established Member
hackajack said:
Well I'd say the tenor of the forum is to go overboard when we have poor performances and underplay any positive stuff. As your sour post signally demonstrated.

Well, I guess it depends on your point of view. It seems to me that a lot of people go overboard at the minor successes, and blankly refuse to recognise the negative things.

DOUBLE-YOU

we needed this game. no disrespect to west brom, but they made all our players look good. this can only help with confidence. i forgot the last time i felt good after a win (even after roma i was disappointed we didn't score more)

hackajack

Established Member
McIntyre said:
Well, I guess it depends on your point of view. It seems to me that a lot of people go overboard at the minor successes, and blankly refuse to recognise the negative things.
You epitomise it for ****'s sake. Nik has a super super game which 99% of people would applaud but you try to turn it into a downer

McIntyre

Established Member
hackajack said:
McIntyre said:
You epitomise it for f**k's sake. Nik has a super super game which 99% of people would applaud but you try to turn it into a downer

Oh, so in this one instance where I've expressed my point of view I now epitomise the real doom-mongers on this board?

Whatever, man.

I've said he had a good game and I'm glad he scored. I just didn't want to endure the eternal optimists and those who overreact, going crazy over this performance. I'm not trying to turn it into a downer, just a little perspective would be nice.

KY

Established Member
Was looking at the ratings thread and i must say, i actually thought eboue and song had a pretty decent game. Song swept up well when needed and and played well as a centre back when needed too. Eboue made some nice runs and dribbles, only thing he still lacks (and will probably never get) is composure. The ability to make the right decisions. Otherwise i say he played rather well and the ratings of 3 and 4 aren't really deserved in this match. heck i thought djourou played worse than him...

James

Established Member
Just returned home. Thoroughly enjoyable trip, even if the journey there was an absolute nightmare in terms of weather, traffic and useless sat nav systems.

We were extremely poor in the first half i thought. There were alot of grumbles before Toure scored, and i could have seen there being quite a number of boo's. Good atmosphere all in all from our lot.

Was again very pleased to see Denilson have a steady game. Very busy, constantly showed for the ball and kept us ticking at times. Stark contrast to Song at CM. Fantastic finishes from Nic too, his first was alot better (after just seeing it on football first) than i'd given him credit for. Shame Arshavin couldn't convert his chances, but the talent is evident. Not quite sure how we didn't manage to score in the second half, especially when we dominated as we did.

How ****ing useless was the ref. The reaction to him giving us the goal kick just before half time was hilarious :lol:

Lets just hope City do us a favour tomorrow.

godfather

James said:
Just returned home. Thoroughly enjoyable trip, even if the journey there was an absolute nightmare in terms of weather, traffic and useless sat nav systems.

We were extremely poor in the first half i thought. There were alot of grumbles before Touré scored, and i could have seen there being quite a number of boo's. Good atmosphere all in all from our lot.

Was again very pleased to see Denilson have a steady game. Very busy, constantly showed for the ball and kept us ticking at times. Stark contrast to Song at CM. Fantastic finishes from Nic too, his first was alot better (after just seeing it on football first) than i'd given him credit for. Shame Arshavin couldn't convert his chances, but the talent is evident. Not quite sure how we didn't manage to score in the second half, especially when we dominated as we did.

How f****g useless was the ref. The reaction to him giving us the goal kick just before half time was hilarious :lol:

Lets just hope City do us a favour tomorrow.

we didn't play extremely good in the 1st half, but.......3:1 in the 1st half anyway.

run

I know the suggestion that Gallas' absence is the reason we won today is a joke (or at least I hope it is) but there was a player who was missing today: RVP.

I love his talent, and he has been our best player this year but could his absence have something to do with our scoring goals today?

I don't think so. I think we scored because WBA can't defend and cause we had to score eventually. But it's curious nonetheless.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom