• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

TomasCR

Established Member
Gallas out with ankle injury, arsenal.com.

Djourou it´s then I suppose.

Alfonso

Established Member
Who remembers the last time we played W.B.A away? If I am not mistaken it was September 2005 and we lost 1-0, a young Brummie called Carter got the winner. At that time I remember how pissed off I was at the performance and at Wenger. Cannot believe that 3 and a half years down the ****ing line we more or less have the same problems, i.e. a lack of leadership, lack of character, lack of togetherness and a lack of efficiency in front of goal. I am even confident if we heard Wenger's post match press conference from that day it will be exactly the same as his last 4 Premier League post match interviews.

That game was a watershed moment as for me it was the first real signs that Wenger was beginning to lose his edge after failing to replace Vieria that summer. Having the same problems 3 and half years later is a tragedy. And just goes to show the flaws in Wenger's youth policy over these years. Because I remember at that time people excusing the performance of the team and manager by saying 'we are building for the future' and all that 'transition' crap. Well, we are in permanent transition it seems. I wonder the next time we play WBA away in the league, whenever that may be, whether or not we will still have these issues.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Gallas out with ankle injury, arsenal.com.

Djourou it´s then I suppose.
Interesting. I think Djourou and Touré has the potential of being a great partnership. We haven't really had a chance to see it work with both players in good shape though.

Alfonso

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
Last time we played them RVP did the famous missing swivel volley, I am pretty sure.

I think that was Man Utd away in the league or Bolton away in the Cup (both 2006).

Unforgiven

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Unforgiven said:
Last time we played them RVP did the famous missing swivel volley, I am pretty sure.

I think that was Man Utd away in the league or Bolton away in the Cup (both 2006).

I saw it on a gaff programme a few weeks ago. Thinking back to it I am pretty sure it was Sheffield Wednesday now.

Rahul

I'm pretty certain that the last time we played them,Senderos scored a goal from the corner....

but we went on to lose 2-1...

Alfonso

Established Member
Your right, it was 2-1, my bad.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4322120.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 322120.stm</a>

Heres what Wenger said afterwards:

"We played with a good spirit and showed great potential, but we lacked maturity and with a bit more experience we would have won this game easy".

:lol:

Rahul

Alfonso said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4322120.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 322120.stm</a>

"We played with a good spirit and showed great potential, but we lacked maturity and with a bit more experience we would have won this game easy".

:lol: :lol:

great point you made there in the first post.Agree 100%

beanz

I watched the highlights of the Baggies game against Everton at the weekend, I thought they were a bit unlucky, they played with flair, looked good going forward & troubled The Toffees, but got caught out defensively.
Given our recent profligacy in front of goal, it might not be as straight forward as some here think.
I'm not sure about Ramsey starting, he's looked a bit wayward the last few times he's played, Diaby's the man for me.

progman07

Established Member
Alfonso said:

HAHA I can imagine Wenger after another 5 years still talking about potential, and that 'we are a young team'.

True Gooner

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
Alfonso said:
Unforgiven said:

I saw it on a gaff programme a few weeks ago. Thinking back to it I am pretty sure it was Sheffield Wednesday now.

It was Bolton. We didn't play Sheff Wednesday in 2006

Alfonso said:

He's said that every single time he's lost/done badly in a game - the only difference is that it's becoming more and more frequent now days

nazo

Established Member
wow our last win the epl was against hull city almost a month and a half ago? WOW

Nela

Established Member
Gallas is out so Djourou will play.

And Wenger says he will only rotate one or two players.

From Arsenal.com
"William is out for tomorrow's game, because he has had an ankle problem for a while and we want to cure it. He will be back for Sunday," said Wenger.

"Nobody else is back for tomorrow so apart from William Gallas everyone else will be involved. Johan Djourou will come in at centre back.

"But I will not rotate too much because there are five days before the Burnley game. There will be one or two but what we try to do is rotate a little bit without losing the balance of the team."

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Hopefully Song won't be anywhere near the starting team. I too have a feeling that Denilson might be rested though since he's played so much. With that in mind I'd like to see:

Almunia
Sagna - Touré - Djourou - Clichy
Arshavin - Ramsey - Diaby - Nasri
van Persie - Bendtner

Rahul

There is no way in hell Wenger will start Ramsey ahead of Song,if he rests Denilson,and you know that no klaus dont you???....wishful thinking that.

otfgoon

Established Member
Arshavin needs games to get match fit, he can get all the rest he wants during our CL ties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom