• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

IBL

Established Member
Soaked pitch will mean high balls - cue dodgy crosses from Clichy and Sagna and mega-hoofs from Toure....would be nice if had someone in the box to attack these

Kain

Established Member
Always loved playing football when its pissing down but then again i never played in goal :D seriously though the pitch condition should be the last thing we are worried about.

WBA have been shambolic in defence recently they've kept just off the pace at the bottom of the pack but the last few games especially the other week against Fulham they were taken to pieces from everywhere, it looks like there heads have dropped just abit so lets capitalise on that.

One thing that worries me is that where we have more fixture congestion through cups in the comming month WBA dont have this they have 3 games in March so there is really no excuse for them to not put in maximum effort as they dont have to worry about recovery time for there next fixture.

qs said:
atmosphere said:
You know if this is another 0-0 draw it will be the first time a top flight team has drawn five consecutive games without scoring.

We could be record breakers!

The Incapables.

I laughed.......... then cried :(

General

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
I don't think Wenger will drop Denilson. I would go as far as saying, I think Wenger sees Denilson as one of his untouchables this season. As weak as he was defensively against fulham, I have to say he always came looking for the ball, which many of the other outfield playes didn't do. He also plays passes early (albeit mostly sideways). Diaby and Song take too long to pass the ball. Even RvP and Nasri, slow down passing moves. so for my money Denilson will play.

Although I have no qualms with your assertions about Denilson being one of Wenger's key men, this time of the season is more about legs and less about quality. This was one of the major issues that cost us in the trilogy against Liverpool last season. Our first choice midfield couldn't cope with Liverpool's second strings in the sandwich league fixture simply because Cesc and Flamini run out of legs. We are now repeating the same mistakes with Denilson and Nasri in particular.

These two have been major contributors to our slow and lethargic approach in the past few games and must be benched. It's not a reflection on their quality or the lack of it but how much they have left in the tank. How on earth Wenger can justify putting these young players through this amount of games in a tough league like this is beyond comprehension. It's ridiculous and the evidence of exhaustion was pretty clear. Our midfield was dead after 80mins against Fulham and I'm open to the idea of playing Ramsey or Song in Denilson's place. Eboue can cover for Nasri. If Wenger cannot see that these guys need a stint on the bench to recuperate then we have no hope. This game is more likely to be won in the last 20mins when energy comes into play and they will be more useful coming off the bench than slide laboriously towards the end.

qs

Established Member
Illusion said:
For Wenger's next trick he will say something like "we have been excellent at keeping clean sheets lately, both ends of the pitch have yet to see a goal for four matches!"

He actually criticised our defending against Fulham. Something I was both surprised and pleased to see him comment on.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Soaked pitch will mean high balls - cue dodgy crosses from Clichy and Sagna and mega-hoofs from Touré....would be nice if had someone in the box to attack these

dear god no... I can totally see it happening.

Rahul

The incapables!! :lol:

I am with Luka on starting Arshavin from the start.An early goal and a bit of confidence can do wonders to this lot.

qs

Established Member
If the pitch is heavy from the rain we could see more hoofing than usual. If thats the case then Robin, Andrei and Samir need to provide plenty of support for Bendtner because he will win balls in the air.

A

Anonymous

A_Gooner_Matata said:
As long as Touré stops hoofing and Sagna stops crossing...and we get a new central midfield by 7:45, we'll be okay.
lol

True Gooner

Established Member
Oh really? no surprise to be honest, he looked knackered by the end of the Fulham game. Still, I expect us to win today - they're bottom of the league ffs.

Kraig

Established Member
ill be watching the game on a 300" hd projector tonight surround by baggies fans. im wearing my eduardo shirt and am gonna see how many of them i can piss off.

cmon you gooners!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom