• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

We need a bit of Dutch courage

adam79

Well every Arsenal fan will know that the beginning of this season has been as enjoyable as giving Sir Alex Ferguson a back, sack and crack wax. I won’t bore you and me by talking about what’s going wrong at the moment, we all know full well and don’t need to remind ourselves. I’m writing this to share some thoughts on what I think will make our season this season, the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel…

I believe the player that will make or break our season is Robin Van Persie. I have always rated Robin as a player and have never been worried by his previous egotistic antics because I knew that one of Arsène’s sometimes good, sometimes bad quality of being incredibly calm would have a positive effect on Robin. The thought came to me during the Man City game on Saturday. The way he reacted to not getting a penalty was very encouraging. A bit odd maybe thinking an Arsenal player acting angrily towards a referee is a good thing, well it wasn’t the reaction itself that I liked, it was the motive behind the reaction. For the first time I saw Robin react because he felt the team deserved a penalty, not that he deserved a penalty. It was the kind of aggressive passion we associate with players like Wayne Rooney and used to with our ex-captain Patrick Vieira and I loved it. It wasn’t the usual reaction we’re used to seeing with Robin, the more egotistically placid, “Don’t you who I am? I’m a future superstar and how dare you make that decision against me?” which was the aura he used to give off when he disliked a referee’s decision, but on Saturday it was different, very encouraging to see.

Robin is now a different player after his World Cup experience, I think working with Van Basten gave him a new perspective on his play and attitude, of which we will reap the rewards. I strongly believe that Arsenal’s form this season will positively correlate with Robins form this season. I really think he will have that much of an affect. “But what about Henry?” I hear you cry, “Surely he has a greater affect?” Well yes Henry has a huge influence on our success, he will do what he always does, and did last season, play bloody well for us. But Henry isn’t the variable, his input alone will not give us the glory we crave, Robin is the variable, the extra contribution that has diminished as Pires and Bergkamp faded, will now come from Robin and I am very excited about it. Let’s just hope it doesn’t come too late.

Thank you for reading and I hope you found it interesting. I would like to hear if anyone else thinks the same.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom