• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

well that's lucky(reserve game)

Chicago

They were going to line up senderos, clichy, eboue, and pennant amonst other youngsters for the reserve match that was postponed. I think it's lucky because right now that's like our entire sub list(minus lehman) playing reserve team ball only a few days before a leauge match. If AW wants them to be on the bench as subs wouldn't it be smarter for him to rest them?

Gunner Ossie

Gibberish mate, surely 90 minutes of reserve footy is not gonna prevent those players you named from playing a further 20/30 minutes a few days later, and in actual fact it should make them play better.

My god where on earth did this notion come from that players are worn out by 90mins of football every 3 days :roll: Geeze when i was 16 i was cycling 60 miles every day for 6 months straight and it never did me any harm.

informed1

I think Arsène is sorry that eboue wouldn't be able to get a few games in, it would help in the premiership if he gets use to our way of playing and players.

kanuuu

Established Member
These players don't need rest, 90 minutes would have given them better match fitness.

Asterix

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
My god where on earth did this notion come from that players are worn out by 90mins of football every 3 days :roll: Geeze when i was 16 i was cycling 60 miles every day for 6 months straight and it never did me any harm.

And when I were a lad we lived in shoe box at side of road, ate cold gravel for breakfast and our father used to murder each night with a blunt knife.......

or something like that :lol:

Canuck

Established Member
I don't think rest is as important as risking injury. Usually reserve football isn't as full tilt as high profile premship encounters. But if it was a match against a team that were bruisers then you would want to keep injuries in mind. If someone wasn't 100% fit, would you risk injuring your cover players ahead of very important EPL clash?

Chicago

so when playing for the reserves they shouldn't run, kick, or tackle as hard? cause that's what it sounds like you're saying.

We make such a deal about not playing Cesc week in and week out but some how we should play players slightly older twice in a matter of days.

Gunner Ossie said:
Gibberish mate, surely 90 minutes of reserve footy is not gonna prevent those players you named from playing a further 20/30 minutes a few days later, and in actual fact it should make them play better.

zodos

Spinksy said:
Gunner Ossie said:

And when I were a lad we lived in shoe box at side of road, ate cold gravel for breakfast and our father used to murder each night with a blunt knife.......

Great sense of humour!

Rapid88

I went to pride park to watch the game and wasnt too happy to find the game cancelled. The weather was ****ed up all day so no surprise. I was looking forward to see some of the fringe players too. Oh well I will try and go to the rematch and give a report next time.
I ended up going to the pub instead and drank myself silly. Thus my late post here.

vin de guerre

zodos said:
Spinksy said:
Gunner Ossie said:

Great sense of humour!

Look mate! We used to gerrup at 4 O'clock 5 hours before we went to bed. Eat two slices of stale bread for breakfast before working 26 hours a day down at the mill. We paid mill owner just for the honour of working there and when we got home our mam and dad would stab us to death with carving knife and jump on our graves singing hallelujah!

And if you were to tell footballers of today that, they wouldnt believe ye!

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom